Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam making the Super Bowl rounds: Rome, SVP, PFT etc.

92 posts in this topic

Posted

Another point of interest, I'm surprised Cam agreed to appear on SVP's show. I've always though SVP was the most sincere of all the current ESPN guys, but he pissed me off with his Cam comments earlier this year and lost some credibility with me. He was almost combative over his stance too, which shocked me.

So for Cam to give him an interview is really surprising to me.

Posted

Cams about to be on NBC Sports Network with Breesus, and Roddy White at 5pm... i dont have that channel though.

Posted

Coming up next on PFT on NBCsports. Time Warner channel 1514

Posted

Its the media bro, they pick the stories and spin all events that follow (aka: winning or losing) so they circle back to their original stories.

When we win, we'll see footage of Cam giving high fives to teammates and looking at Kodak's on the sideline with coaches. When we lose we'll see him with a towel on his head. He does all of this in a winning or losing situation, he's a professional, but the media needs to make money off him and he really doesn't give them much to work with.

I know. It's just tiresome listening to our lazy media. After a while u can tell some of those folks r tired asking the same made up question.

1 person likes this

Posted

The guys on the PFT show talked about what Cam needs to do to be an elite QB.

Hines Ward: he needs to mature and grow more

Peter King: he needs more weapons at WR. King would like the Panthers to make a strong run at Mike Wallace

Douchebag Florio: said Cam doesn't have the ability to come back when down in a game like Russell Wilson or Kapernick. Said he can't come back in a game or if the season isn't going well. Obviously didn't get the memo that the Panthers won 5 out of the last 6 games.

1 person likes this

Posted

Another point of interest, I'm surprised Cam agreed to appear on SVP's show. I've always though SVP was the mos

t sincere of all the current ESPN guys, but he pissed me off with his Cam comments earlier this year and lost some credibility with me. He was almost combative over his stance too, which shocked me.

So for Cam to give him an interview is really surprising to me.

Cam is a Professional, and they get paid to do what they do. Cam knows that.

Posted

Look so fake lol

It was real as hell, Rome nearly got his ass whipped - but he knew it was great TV, LOL

Posted

The guys on the PFT show talked about what Cam needs to do to be an elite QB.

Hines Ward: he needs to mature and grow more

Peter King: he needs more weapons at WR. King would like the Panthers to make a strong run at Mike Wallace

Douchebag Florio: said Cam doesn't have the ability to come back when down in a game like Russell Wilson or Kapernick. Said he can't come back in a game or if the season isn't going well. Obviously didn't get the memo that the Panthers won 5 out of the last 6 games.

Florio is such a turd, I swear he gets off on trolling the Panthers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gantt trolls, too. But I swear he does it just to rile up the base he knows best.

However, Florio's "judgement" towards us is based on pure ignorance.

1 person likes this

Posted

He also sat down and talked with Patty Y from ESPN earlier today as well. He implies that Newton was the major reason behind Shula getting promoted because Cam asked for it. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/44853/cam-newton-endorses-shula-promotion

“I don’t think there was a better person that could come in and take over,’’ quarterback Cam Newton said Friday after a Gatorade Sports Science Institute news conference to talk about nutrition. “I’m excited about taking the next steps in the process with him.’’

Don’t underestimate the importance of Newton’s opinion on Shula. It might have had a lot to do with the promotion after Rob Chudzinski left to become the head coach of theCleveland Browns.

Newton, after all, is the franchise in Carolina. Coach Ron Ron Rivera ultimately made the decision on the hire. But I have little doubt that Newton’s thoughts mattered.

Posted

Today on PTI, they had Steve Young on talking about the new breed of QB and how envious he is of them being given the chance by their coaching staffs to utilize ALL the tools in their repertoire.

While he was talking on this subject matter, ESPN chose to show stock footage of RG3, Kaepernick, and Russell.

RG3, Kaepernick, and Russell.