Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cam making the Super Bowl rounds: Rome, SVP, PFT etc.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#46 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Eisen: I have one speed... Slow.

Cam: That looked like neutral...

That whole interview was hilarious.... Cam watching Eisen's 40 "Oh god.. Look at the back"

Rich Eisen is the GOAT

#47 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

i saw the rich eisen interview. pretty good. again, nothng earth shattering. of course said things could have been better and the reason things picked up at the end was just people started playing for each other.

said he really liked kaepernick and called him an opportunist. pretty humble about being called the first read option QB in the NFL. he said the game is just evolving. some QBs are great at standing in the pocket and keep doing their things, but for others it's just opening up based on what defenses do.

#48 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,312 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Eisen: I have one speed... Slow.

Cam: That looked like neutral...

Eisen's annual 40 yard dashes are hilariously entertaining.

#49 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,793 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Looks like Cam will be up next on SVP show.

#50 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Looks like Cam will be up next on SVP show.

#51 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Link
http://tunein.com/ra...ssillo-p152487/

#52 Majestic87

Majestic87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

They had him up against a 4 minute break...so the interview was garbage...asked him about underarmour and how the beginning of the season was different than the end....

#53 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Yeah not a great interview because of the format. Like SVP said before starting, it was like a PTI segment because they were up against the clock.

Basically the same stuff was said about Cam's demeanor early in the season and how it improved as the season went along.

SVP and Russillo were giving a lot of props to the Panthers before the interview with how they performed in the second half of the season.

#54 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Thank you gentleman for the updates I am at work. This is good for the organization to get some positive national media. Now we need to just win.

#55 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

SVP will be on ESPNews starting at 1. Interesting hearing that he's interviewing Cam after he called him selfish earlier this season

Is there anyone working for ESPN not towing the Nolan Norwaski talking points when it comes to Cam?

#56 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Yeah not a great interview because of the format. Like SVP said before starting, it was like a PTI segment because they were up against the clock.

Basically the same stuff was said about Cam's demeanor early in the season and how it improved as the season went along.

SVP and Russillo were giving a lot of props to the Panthers before the interview with how they performed in the second half of the season.

So the media makes a big deal about Cam wearing a towel on his head, then tries to act like he's all matured in three months.

#57 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

So the media makes a big deal about Cam wearing a towel on his head, then tries to act like he's all matured in three months.

Its the media bro, they pick the stories and spin all events that follow (aka: winning or losing) so they circle back to their original stories.

When we win, we'll see footage of Cam giving high fives to teammates and looking at Kodak's on the sideline with coaches. When we lose we'll see him with a towel on his head. He does all of this in a winning or losing situation, he's a professional, but the media needs to make money off him and he really doesn't give them much to work with.

#58 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think it's more like all these critics will talk poo about Cam behind his back, but when he's on their show they are too scared to do anything but compliment him.

#59 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,704 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

The question is: Does he watch the games, or just reading off of a stat sheet?

Unless Rome is a cordial host, don't expect much from Cam. Cause if Rome goes after him with stereotypes and media BS (unless he wants Cam to defend himself), and Cam is calm, gracious and diplomatic, there will be no news.

Now if he tries to defend himself, he can say something that the media can/will use against him for a 24hr cycle before the Superbowl. Good thing today is Friday. But I don't think he would. LOL.

Here's hoping for a good football interview, and not some character defense BS.

We'll see?

I like Rome, I just don't get to hear him as much anymore... He rarely ever goes for the low blow like that in an interview. The only recent one that comes to mind is his interview with David Stern sometime last year that pissed off Stern so bad he asked if Rome "still beats his wife," lol.

Rome has admitted himself that the whole Chris Everett thing was a mistake and he learned from it. Sure, some people don't like him because he comes off as a bro, smug, and smarmy, but I think he does awesome work. He's got major love for Smitty being a Cali guy and he always comes off as extremely well-informed and prepared for all of those interviews. He knows who we are and people should be grateful that he wants our guys on his show to give us that exposure.

You best believe it will be an awesome interview.

Also, as a side note, I wish he still had his piece on Chris Rainey available online, it was hilarious... It had someone screaming "Time to die!" like a million times. Apparently, he took it down though.

#60 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

I think it's more like all these critics will talk poo about Cam behind his back, but when he's on their show they are too scared to do anything but compliment him.

Yea I agree. The "smile to your face" mentality of those ESPN slugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com