Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cam making the Super Bowl rounds: Rome, SVP, PFT etc.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Another point of interest, I'm surprised Cam agreed to appear on SVP's show. I've always though SVP was the most sincere of all the current ESPN guys, but he pissed me off with his Cam comments earlier this year and lost some credibility with me. He was almost combative over his stance too, which shocked me.

So for Cam to give him an interview is really surprising to me.

#62 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Cams about to be on NBC Sports Network with Breesus, and Roddy White at 5pm... i dont have that channel though.

#63 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

http://jimrome.com/2...1/cam-newton-2/

#64 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Coming up next on PFT on NBCsports. Time Warner channel 1514

#65 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Its the media bro, they pick the stories and spin all events that follow (aka: winning or losing) so they circle back to their original stories.

When we win, we'll see footage of Cam giving high fives to teammates and looking at Kodak's on the sideline with coaches. When we lose we'll see him with a towel on his head. He does all of this in a winning or losing situation, he's a professional, but the media needs to make money off him and he really doesn't give them much to work with.

I know. It's just tiresome listening to our lazy media. After a while u can tell some of those folks r tired asking the same made up question.

#66 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,052 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

The guys on the PFT show talked about what Cam needs to do to be an elite QB.

Hines Ward: he needs to mature and grow more

Peter King: he needs more weapons at WR. King would like the Panthers to make a strong run at Mike Wallace

Douchebag Florio: said Cam doesn't have the ability to come back when down in a game like Russell Wilson or Kapernick. Said he can't come back in a game or if the season isn't going well. Obviously didn't get the memo that the Panthers won 5 out of the last 6 games.

#67 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Another point of interest, I'm surprised Cam agreed to appear on SVP's show. I've always though SVP was the mos

t sincere of all the current ESPN guys, but he pissed me off with his Cam comments earlier this year and lost some credibility with me. He was almost combative over his stance too, which shocked me.
So for Cam to give him an interview is really surprising to me.

Cam is a Professional, and they get paid to do what they do. Cam knows that.

#68 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Look so fake lol

It was real as hell, Rome nearly got his ass whipped - but he knew it was great TV, LOL

#69 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

The guys on the PFT show talked about what Cam needs to do to be an elite QB.

Hines Ward: he needs to mature and grow more

Peter King: he needs more weapons at WR. King would like the Panthers to make a strong run at Mike Wallace

Douchebag Florio: said Cam doesn't have the ability to come back when down in a game like Russell Wilson or Kapernick. Said he can't come back in a game or if the season isn't going well. Obviously didn't get the memo that the Panthers won 5 out of the last 6 games.

Florio is such a turd, I swear he gets off on trolling the Panthers.

#70 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Gantt trolls, too. But I swear he does it just to rile up the base he knows best.

However, Florio's "judgement" towards us is based on pure ignorance.

#71 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,763 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

He also sat down and talked with Patty Y from ESPN earlier today as well. He implies that Newton was the major reason behind Shula getting promoted because Cam asked for it. http://espn.go.com/b...shula-promotion

“I don’t think there was a better person that could come in and take over,’’ quarterback Cam Newton said Friday after a Gatorade Sports Science Institute news conference to talk about nutrition. “I’m excited about taking the next steps in the process with him.’’

Don’t underestimate the importance of Newton’s opinion on Shula. It might have had a lot to do with the promotion after Rob Chudzinski left to become the head coach of theCleveland Browns.

Newton, after all, is the franchise in Carolina. Coach Ron Ron Rivera ultimately made the decision on the hire. But I have little doubt that Newton’s thoughts mattered.

#72 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Today on PTI, they had Steve Young on talking about the new breed of QB and how envious he is of them being given the chance by their coaching staffs to utilize ALL the tools in their repertoire.

While he was talking on this subject matter, ESPN chose to show stock footage of RG3, Kaepernick, and Russell.

RG3, Kaepernick, and Russell.

#73 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Winning cures all if we win Cam will get positive reviews; as for Florio he is a dickless, spineless, tiny bitch of a man.

#74 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

While he was talking on this subject matter, ESPN chose to show stock footage of RG3, Kaepernick, and Russell.

RG3, Kaepernick, and Russell.

lol

#75 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

NFL Total Access

Showed started off talking about The New Breed QB's, with action shots of Cam included, to go along with the other Friday, Super Bowl related news.

They showed the Cam snippet on Total access with Eisen (again) around the 7:15 pm. And they were promoting the evolution of "The Mobile QB" topic (with Cam highlights), since the start of the show.

They even credited Cam with kicking off the "mobile QB Stage now." Yes they did.

During their group talk (Deon, Billick, Sapp, Irvin,Darren Sharper, Heath Evans and Lindsay Rhodes--who didn't comment), they mentioned Cam prominently and stated that all 'these guys can throw'. That was emphasized by the proponents.

Irvin said, he liked how Chudzinski built the offense around Cam, then got him promoted to Cleveland to help their QB's now. Irvin thought that was beautiful and the way it should be. Billick and Bruce Arians were a little more cautious and hesitant. Billick, liked the mobility of Aaron Rodgers (I'm presuming: run when you have to but not on called plays). And Bruce Arians, said on an earlier interview on the set, that he 'doesn't like called plays period' for his QB. He was afraid of his "QB getting hurt". Irvin (or one of them) told/asked Billick earlier, "Don't QB's get hurt sitting in the pocket as well"?

Vick was prominently mentioned, but practically all them agreed Vick couldn't throw it like the current guys (including Cam--I say that for Panther fans by the way, not cause they felt Cam was behind those guys).

It appears, now with Cam In Da House (i.e., New Orleans and Radio/TV row/2013 Superbowl), various media personalities and networks are crediting him (which you know a lot of Huddler's said/wanted LOL) with the current wave and success of the much ballyhooed 'Mobile QB's', and it's current Defacto discussion/time filler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.