Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xavier Rhodes as a safety prospect?

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

With his size and skill set, a lot of scouts have said that Rhodes could easily excel at playing safety in the NFL.

Would you draft Rhodes as a defensive back and try him at safety? You're going to get a good player in your secondary regardless.

Posted · Report post

Would you put him at free safety? And with that kind of flexibility I wouldn't mind him at all.

Posted · Report post

Would you put him at free safety? And with that kind of flexibility I wouldn't mind him at all.

Oh definitely. He has everything it takes to be a solid free safety, he just might be an even better corner. It'd be up to the coaches where to put him.

Posted · Report post

The fact that he could possibly play either makes him very valuable.

Posted · Report post

I think he's make a great Safety, it would allow for his physical nature and play style to shine more. I really like him at corner too, which I've made known. Thinking about his play style, physicality and size, he might make a better safety then corner.

Posted · Report post

He seems like a really good man-to-man corner so that's where I'd leave him

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In the 2nd, yea maybe, sure. I'd probably pick Amerson over him as a Safety convert, though. Also only in the 2nd.

Posted · Report post

In the 2nd, yea maybe, sure. I'd probably pick Amerson over him as a Safety convert, though. Also only in the 2nd.

True. If he's there in the 2nd and you want a guy to convert to FS, id take Amerson all day. Rhodes is more a physical player who if at FS, i think would be like a Antrel Rolle. Amerson is more flexible and will be a ballhawker in the back field.

Now if youre looking for a "CB", I'd take Rhodes.

Posted · Report post

Oh definitely. He has everything it takes to be a solid free safety, he just might be an even better corner. It'd be up to the coaches where to put him.

I definitely see him as an asset in the secondary but I think since safety is such a big need I would put him there

Posted · Report post

I'm a big fan of Xavier Rhodes. I think he's one of the top 3 corners in the draft right behind Milliner and Banks. He's really good in man coverage and should remain at CB in the pros but having the size to play FS definitely adds to his value. I also don't think he makes it to the 2nd round unless he has poor workouts.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If he's a good cover corner, why mess with it?

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I draft him as a cb and if he does not become excellent, then move him. I think CBs are more valuable. Nice to know he has a second chance if he does not work out.

However, big CBs are hard to find, and he has the hips to play CB. He can press man or zone. \\

I love this guy.

I will now ramble off topic....

The other cb I love is Logan Ryan, but Rhodes is a first rounder--top 20 by april.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments