Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Cyprien, SS - FIU, making a push for the second round

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

love these highlights....i try to make sure i get tape of (cb,ss) going against a good qb....i like what i saw....wouldnt mind taking him in the 2-3 rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5vsum2vHw

Posted · Report post

The kid is a beast but I wouldn't spend no.44 on him. I really want Gettleman to pursue a vet FS/SS through FA.

My opinion is that if we really see that we should address the Safety position in the draft, then we should go with Vaccaro at 14. Theres a lot of pretty reliable veteran safeties that can come in and play for us.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1360594383' post='2131861']
The kid is a beast but I wouldn't spend no.44 on him. I really want Gettleman to pursue a vet FS/SS through FA.

My opinion is that if we really see that we should address the Safety position in the draft, then we should go with Vaccaro at 14. Theres a lot of pretty reliable veteran safeties that can come in and play for us.
[/quote]

i agree but kenny will probably be gone by 14.... and even if he's not panthers still need to go oline first....i believe this guy could still be around in 3-4 rounds just because hes from a small school.

Posted · Report post

Cyprien won't be available past the second round. It wouldn't surprise me come draft day to see him taken in the first. Being from a small school has not prevented defensive backs from going early (Jaiquawn Jarrett, Louis Delmas, Michael Mitchell, Sherrod Martin, Leodis McKelvin, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, etc.).

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OHK' timestamp='1360603712' post='2131992']
Cyprien won't be available past the second round. It wouldn't surprise me come draft day to see him taken in the first. Being from a small school has not prevented defensive backs from going early (Jaiquawn Jarrett, Louis Delmas, Michael Mitchell, Sherrod Martin, Leodis McKelvin, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, etc.).
[/quote]

well see. wouldnt mind it though

Posted · Report post

With Cyprien visiting the Panthers, and us having quite a bit interest in him, this may be a great read:
[url="http://www.optimumscouting.com/rankings/scouting-reports/2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-jonathan-cyprien-s-florida-international.html"]http://www.optimumscouting.com/rankings/scouting-reports/2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report-jonathan-cyprien-s-florida-international.html[/url]

Does seem he won't fall into secound round with his stock rising.

Posted · Report post

I want that man

Posted · Report post

I really want Cyprien in a Panthers uniform this next season. I hope he is our selection at 14; though trading down and still selecting him is my preference.

I'm going to be on his bandwagon for the next couple weeks and have been for a couple weeks already.

Posted · Report post

Damn this OP seems to always be one step ahead of everyone with prospect predictions.

Glad everyone could make it to the party.

Posted · Report post

Oh goody. Not only did bwood make an alt, but it's a female alt.....isn't that cute.....

Posted · Report post

to be fair, bwood did call the poo out of Cyprien being on the rise

Posted · Report post

Grats to him I guess. I'm pretty sure most of us have called a prospect's rapid ascent at one time or another....