94 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Although three teams rank below them, the Carolina Panthers appear to have the least loyal fanbase. The Redskins, Raiders, and Jets all have other teams within 50 miles of their stadium and therefore share a fanbase. The Panthers' closest competitors are the Atlanta Falcons who play over 240 miles away from Charlotte. As we'll see later, the Panthers lose most of the Carolinas to the Cowboys.

http://deadspin.com/...-a-clear-winner

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I get it why we have lots of Redskins (former TV market) and Steelers (transplants) fans here... but wtf are there so many dumbass Cowboys fans here???

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

No surprise there. Y'all fair weather fans can suck a dick. Was never so mad to see more Orange in our stadium than Blue and Black when we played the Broncos. Step your game up.

#4 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

No surprise there. Y'all fair weather fans can suck a dick. Was never so mad to see more Orange in our stadium than Blue and Black when we played the Broncos. Step your game up.

Fo real.

#5 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

You can find Cowboy fans pretty much wherever you go.

#6 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I get it why we have lots of Redskins (former TV market) and Steelers (transplants) fans here... but wtf are there so many dumbass Cowboys fans here???

Because they're dumb, breed like rats and they have a symbol that's relatable and understadable to all the mentally slow man-children who root for them. Lookie, it's a star!

#7 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I bet is as simple as - because there were so many Redskins fans here.

Take a market that is on the outermost edges of a national franchise and it seems quite natural for it to develop a large contingent of fans that root for the arch rival of that team.

#8 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,054 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I really can't speak to Charlotte, but on the lack of support for Panthers fans outside of the Charlotte area:

If I didn't know that I lived in North Carolina---as far as pro football fans go---I wouldn't know that this is North Carolina.

#9 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

this is retarded. I know far more Panther fans than Jag fans too lmao. I live in Washington state, and I've recently begun seeing lots of Cam fans and Panther fans now. Which is nice. But oh well

AT LEAST WE ARE FUGGIN LOYAL PEOPLE. HALF THE FAKE ASS FANS ARE FAIRWEATHER. HAVE NO FUGGIN INTEGRITY.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

win more games, have more fans. its as easy as that.

how many people want to back a team with only 4 winning seasons ever and no winning seasons since '08?

if this team wants more loyal fans, earn them. want to win more fans then you have to win more games...pull off more games that matter and more winning seasons.

#11 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Jaguar fans: Pay more attention to their teams Facebook rather than their own games.

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,402 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

win more games, have more fans. its as easy as that.

how many people want to back a team with only 4 winning seasons ever and no winning seasons since '08?

if this team wants more loyal fans, earn them. want to win more fans then you have to win more games...pull off more games that matter and more winning seasons.

Nope. Won't happen, you aren't going to get STEELERS fans to change alliances for the fuging Carolina Panthers. There have been winning seasons where the stadium is still filled with other teams' fans.

#13 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I haven't studied this data closely (not that I care that much), but by using a 50-mile radius, they cut off fans from Spartanburg and Columbia. We may not account for much, but we are part of the fan base.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Nope. Won't happen, you aren't going to get STEELERS fans to change alliances for the fuging Carolina Panthers. There have been winning seasons where the stadium is still filled with other teams' fans.

its a process.

#15 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,778 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Does anyone else find it hilarious that the saints fans are all of a sudden loyal? Since when? oh yeah circa 2009.

Oh and yes, facebook is the determining factor to a fans loyalty...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com