Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Have Least Loyal Fans per Facebook Data

95 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1359747485' post='2121013']
oh....and lol at the notion that if you're critical of the team you're a fairweather fan.
[/quote]

Constructive criticism is fine but criticism with no basis (which is most of the criticism from this fan base) is absurd.

Posted · Report post

wow the "woe is me" in this thread is hysterical.

our fans just suck. nothing we can do. boo hoo.

win games, win fans. it's that easy.

disagree all you want, but that's the way it is.

Posted · Report post

Never disagreed that you can't gain more fans by winning, but that is not the characteristic of a LOYAL FAN BASE.

First look up the definition of loyal, then try to keep your current argument. The point is, you can't, it becomes a fallacy.

Loyal fans are those who are there no matter the circumstance (Browns, Bills, Chiefs, Lions) For the most part it seems like everyone on this forum is pretty loyal, but unfortunately our stadium holds more than 10,000 people.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1359748343' post='2121033']
wow the "woe is me" in this thread is hysterical.

our fans just suck. nothing we can do. boo hoo.

win games, win fans. it's that easy.

disagree all you want, but that's the way it is.
[/quote]

It really is that simple (and realistically, that difficult).

Call people 'bandwagon' if you want to, but that's the nature of things.

Should also improve as the next generation - those who grew up with the Panthers from the start - gets older and has kids of their own.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaPanthers8789' timestamp='1359748589' post='2121041']
Never disagreed that you can't gain more fans by winning, but that is not the characteristic of a LOYAL FAN BASE.

First look up the definition of loyal, then try to keep your current argument. The point is, you can't, it becomes a fallacy.

Loyal fans are those who are there no matter the circumstance (Browns, Bills, Chiefs, Lions) For the most part it seems like everyone on this forum is pretty loyal, but unfortunately our stadium holds more than 10,000 people.
[/quote]again, i'm asking where did they get those loyal fans? how did they become loyal?

you have to build loyalty. it doesn't just come to you. it's a brand. you have to build brand loyalty and to do that you have to give them a reason beyond just being there. for some it will work, but not for the majority and that's ok.

if you are a new player in the market, you're going to have to be competing with other loyalties and most aren't just going to jump off their current bandwagon because there's another player in town. some will, but not most. most will need to be convinced that they need to leave their team and how do you do that? be having a better payoff. by winning more games and by having a better shot at the playoffs.

we don't have a lot of loyal fans because this team hasn't done enough to win fans of other teams over.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1359748816' post='2121043']

Should also improve as the next generation - those who grew up with the Panthers from the start - gets older and has kids of their own.
[/quote]

Agree %100 with your last paragraph. However the athlete in me disagrees with the first two paragraphs. Sure I want to have a lot of fans, but there is a special place for LOYAL fans because they are essentially apart of the organization and share in the success and the struggles.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_Lover' timestamp='1359746129' post='2120989']
I haven't studied this data closely (not that I care that much), but by using a 50-mile radius, they cut off fans from Spartanburg and Columbia. We may not account for much, but we are part of the fan base.
[/quote]

Including more of SC would actually make it much worse.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Can't compare fan loyalty to player loyalty because one gets paid and the other does not. Scot made a great point that the next generation of Panther fans will be vital to the fanbase and in my opinion it's ultimate residence in NC. Once again the Lions have struggled mightily but have built there fan base by generations. All I ask is that Panther fans do the same and don't jump ship at the first sign of sinking. Share in the good times and in the bad.

Go Panthers!!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaPanthers8789' timestamp='1359749050' post='2121050']
Agree %100 with your last paragraph. However the athlete in me disagrees with the first two paragraphs. Sure I want to have a lot of fans, but there is a special place for LOYAL fans because they are essentially apart of the organization and share in the success and the struggles.
[/quote]

I can understand that, but that sort of loyalty really does have to be earned.

It can be earned quickly by winning, or over time by succeeding generations, but either way you have to earn it.

Posted · Report post

I just "liked" the Carolina Panthers yesterday ... I must have not been a fan until yesterday...
Oh and I live in Colorado so it wouldn't even matter

Dumb statistics are dumb

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1359748816' post='2121043']

[/quote]
yep. we were starting out with a rather small fanbase to begin with. it's going to have to take time for the generational fanbase to grow and in time it will, just like it has for all those other teams that were around for decades prior to the carolina's getting a team.

while the generational fans are growing, we are going to be either small or trying to essentially steal fans from other teams and the only way to do that is to be a local winning team rather than just a local team.

i became a panther fan because i wasn't really loyal to any other teams when they showed up. i had a few teams i liked but there wasn't any that i felt a connection with. had the rams stayed in LA i probably would have liked them since i was born there, but beyond that i just liked the game and certain players.

that's probably the same with a lot of early panther fans.

the newness of the team and the excitement of a NFL team in the carolinas probably brought in a lot of fans as well, but that is only going to last so long.

people that aren't panther fans right now aren't going to be panther fans without seeing something more special going on than is with the team they currently support. panther fans that aren't that rabid or "loyal" at the moment are probably waiting for this team to give them something to be excited about and i'm talking about more than just potential. it's been nothing but potential since '95. it's time to see some results and some winning seasons.

if we see more winning seasons we'll see more loyal fans.

Posted · Report post

Tend to agree there, and I do agree that winning will get you fans or get your fans back, but it's always nice to have a full stadium even when the team is struggling.