Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Huddle mock offseason rules/ offense FA

291 posts in this topic

Posted

the tennesse titans are cutting RB chris johnson, he has 33mil left over 4 years.. so im opening up 8mil of cap room with this move.

Not close to accurate

1 person likes this

Posted

Not close to accurate

Aye.

/1/2011: Signed a six-year, $55.26 million contract. The deal contains $30 million guaranteed, including a $20 million signing bonus. 2013: $10 million, 2014-2015: $8 million, 2016: $7 million (+ $2 million roster bonus), 2017: Free Agent

With a 10 mil cap hit in 2013 and 20% savings on a 4 year contract the savings should be 2 mil.

Far less with the signing bonus figured.

WTH were the Titans thinking?

Did they consult Marty Hurney?

Posted

the tennesse titans are cutting RB chris johnson, he has 33mil left over 4 years.. so im opening up 8mil of cap room with this move.

Its a % based on this years cap. he didn't discuss 4 years remaining but id assume 30% since it went 60,50,40 for 1,2,3.years. So you'd save 3.6 rounded up to 4 against your cap for cutting johnson

Posted

Its a % based on this years cap. he didn't discuss 4 years remaining but id assume 30% since it went 60,50,40 for 1,2,3.years. So you'd save 3.6 rounded up to 4 against your cap for cutting johnson

2nd post in this thread:

Cutting players

Each team will be allowed to cut up to 2 players on their roster to create some cap room. Deadline to cut a player is the same as the tag which is Feb, 8th @ 8:00 pm est.Catch-22 is your player that gets cut now enters the FA pool(which bumps your 5 fa to 7 at most), and you are still on the hook for a % of that player cap hit based off the money left on the contract and years. A player with 1 year left will save 60% of his salary, 2 years, 50%, 3 years 40%, 4 years 20%, 5 years 10%. You have to let everyone know who you are cutting in the offense or defense FA threads.

Ex. Player X has a contract with 3 years and $12 left. you cut him so you would have to pay 40% of $4, which would free up about $2 off your cap.

Posted

The cut deadline was 8:00PM eastern anyway.

Posted

2nd post in this thread:

Didn't even pay attention to four yrs I guess bc its not worth it.

Posted

I guess it doesnt matter if i missed the deadline anyways. Cj2k is still a titan

Posted

when FA opens, make the bid in the O or D thread. state the team, amount, and player in a reply message. Good Luck.

EX

the dolphins place $4 on OT Jake Long.

also when you win a bid on a FA player, please state in the the thread with a replyand the quote where you placed the bid. this confirms you have won and i can check the times. will update when i get the chances as well.

Posted

Steelers cut Guard Willie Colon who has 3 years and $17 left on his contract. 40% of $5.5 is $2.2.

Posted

Browns bid $15 on QB Joe Flacco

Browns bid $5 on WR Dwayne Bowe

Browns bid $5 on G Andy Levitre

Posted

Seahawks bid $5 on mike wallace

Posted

dolphins bid

$6 Mike Wallace

$5 Louis Vasquez