Photo
- - - - -

Excellent Interview With Cam By Observer: Gives More Detailed Hints On Shula, The 2013 Offense-Cam/His Goals & The Superbowl

Cam Newton Mike Shula OC QB Offense Passing Short game Slants Consistency

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationShelby
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Link is broken for me. Can't find it in the site either. :(

I tried to send it to you. Did you get it?

#12 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

SIGCHI. No sir. No link.

#13 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

Yup, thrilled Shula is here and Shurmur is not

#14 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

I have said this 100x but I feel obligated to say it again. The truly scary thing about Cam Newton is that he is probably playing about 80% of his game off of pure talent right now.

He is still learning things that other young QBs are more seasoned with already due to their multiple years as a starting QB in college.

Cam is having great seasons while still learning some of the basics of being a QB. Not just an NFL QB, but just being a QB in general. Despite that he has @60 total TDs in two seasons. What do you think he is going to do as some of the basic things he is still learning become second nature to him??

And the special thing about it is he appears to know it, understand it, and is eager to learn it. Many guys who had this much success this early would rest on their laurels. He seems to be genuinely eager to become a better QB. And if that is true, then the sky truly is the limit for him and our team.

I agree with a lot of what you stated but just want to emphasize that Cam and Luke cannot win games for the Panthers by themselves. The rest of the team has to do their part. Luke and Cam cannot be the only two players u folks put ridiculous pressure on to carry this team. The Vets of this team either have to step up and help these young men as they grow into their roles as leaders or they have to step aside. The Panthers cannot have it both ways with these players or you will continue to be fan who is sitting and wondering why all Cam's good talking isn't translating into wins for your team.

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

I have said this 100x but I feel obligated to say it again. The truly scary thing about Cam Newton is that he is probably playing about 80% of his game off of pure talent right now.

He is still learning things that other young QBs are more seasoned with already due to their multiple years as a starting QB in college.

I think you are 100% correct on the fact that Cam is still playing the game and getting by 80% on pure talent. After the great statistical start to his rookie year, many of us forgot that as a passer, Cam was still a developmental QB.

He is still learning the position.

I FULLY believe he is putting in the work and mental preparation to continue this development. And, I think that his on field performance will continue to improve.

If he is able to continue this, watch out in a couple of years. He has the ability to be very special.

#16 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

I agree with a lot of what you stated but just want to emphasize that Cam and Luke cannot win games for the Panthers by themselves. The rest of the team has to do their part. Luke and Cam cannot be the only two players u folks put ridiculous pressure on to carry this team. The Vets of this team either have to step up and help these young men as they grow into their roles as leaders or they have to step aside. The Panthers cannot have it both ways with these players or you will continue to be fan who is sitting and wondering why all Cam's good talking isn't translating into wins for your team.

There is no doubt that everyone has to step up. I have been one of the biggest posters on this board defending Cam against people laying our record at this feet.

However, Cam is still very far from perfect (as he should be, he is a 23 year old second year QB with limited college experience) and the better he gets, the more he can help mask those other deficiencies on this team.

#17 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

There is no doubt that everyone has to step up. I have been one of the biggest posters on this board defending Cam against people laying our record at this feet.

However, Cam is still very far from perfect (as he should be, he is a 23 year old second year QB with limited college experience) and the better he gets, the more he can help mask those other deficiencies on this team.

The Panthers as a team have way more deficiences than Cam. Those deficiences need to be fixed way more than one person who didn't spend 4 years under the same coach while in college.

BTW, Cam played and won NC for two different team. Just because the media want to ignore what Cam did in Blinn College to drive home their argument doesn't dismiss the reality. Cam has working with different coaches, which should be seen as a plus for this team because it shows that he's abaptable. I don't pay attention to the BS spewed by the media. I pay attention to what this kid can bring to your team. all this concern about Cam seem so manufactured and unnecessary. Let the kid play the game. The same way he learned how to win with two college teams, will be the the same way he will learn how to win with this team as long as the rest of the team step up. You folks need to stop towing the media's line when it comes to your QB.

A person can undermine the good in someone simply to discourage you from see the person for who they are based on purely jealousy. Are u going to fall for it?

#18 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

The Panthers as a team have way more deficiences than Cam. Those deficiences need to be fixed way more than one person who didn't spend 4 years under the same coach while in college.

BTW, Cam played and won NC for two different team. Just because the media want to ignore what Cam did in Blinn College to drive home their argument doesn't dismiss the reality. Cam has working with different coaches, which should be seen as a plus for this team because it shows that he's abaptable. I don't pay attention to the BS spewed by the media. I pay attention to what this kid can bring to your team. all this concern about Cam seem so manufactured and unnecessary. Let the kid play the game. The same way he learned how to win with two college teams, will be the the same way he will learn how to win with this team as long as the rest of the team step up. You folks need to stop towing the media's line when it comes to your QB.

A person can undermine the good in someone simply to discourage you from see the person for who they are based on purely jealousy. Are u going to fall for it?

Anyone who thinks I tow the media line isn't pay much attention to anything I post. But Cam would agree with me that he still has a lot to learn to continue to master his craft as a QB.

And no one on this board knows Cam's resume or has studied Cam as much as I have. Some may have done just as much research as I did before the 2011 draft, but I am willing to bet that no one did more. And I have been one of Cam's biggest supporters since before that draft.

I agree that the team as a whole has a lot of deficiencies, but if Cam played the first 7 games as well as he played the last 9 we would probably have made the playoffs despite those deficiencies.

Not every argument has to be Cam vs. the rest of the team. They all have to improve in order for the Panthers to maximize their potential. And that includes Cam Newton. To act like he is perfect or even close to perfect is naive homerism.

#19 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

sounds good to me...one thing that frustrates me the most with Cam is his touch
on short passes and how hard he throws the ball on medium passes. He is as strong
as a horse, and any wr we get better have good hands.

I think he'll get better on that as he continues to relax. But the missing 5 foot dumps
and getting intercepted on floating screen passes worries me.

#20 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

“I think he's going to coach me even harder, especially with his microphone as far as coaching has gotten a little bit higher."

Yeah, I got the coaching harder part, but I don't know what the hell the rest of that means.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cam Newton, Mike Shula, OC, QB, Offense, Passing, Short game, Slants, Consistency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users