Photo
- - - - -

Warren Moon, Doug Williams on CBS Sports In Detail On Cam, R. Wilson, RG3, Kaepernick (A Bit) & Legacy

Cam Newton Russel Wilson RG3 Colin Kaepernick Warren Moon Doug Williams London Fletcher Solomon Wilcots Quarterback

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

great post! I wish I could have heard it

My list would be.

1. Cam (By Far!!!)
2. Dalton (dont hate!!!! going into his 3rd year as opposed to his 2 will be a big deal)
3. Rg3
4. Wilson
5. Ponder
6. Luck
7. Kaep (he just doesn't have the experience)
8. Tannehill
10. Weeden, Gabbert, Locker.

And dont forget Dan Fouts (never won a superbowl).

No problem, it's all our opinions!

Go for it! :sword:

And I agree wit Dan Fouts. That's why I listed him. lol. However, since you brought him up, I went back and bolded his name, just so he doesn't seem left out or neglected. LOL

#12 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

No problem, it's all our opinions!

Go for it! :sword:

And I agree wit Dan Fouts. That's why I listed him. lol. However, since you brought him up, I went back and bolded his name, just so he doesn't seem left out or neglected. LOL

lol, I completely missed it!! sorry

#13 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Dude your'e putting Ponder ahead of Luck? I'm sorry man but I don't see it at all lol.

I hear you, but Luck just doesn't impress me. He reminds me of Bradford a little. Not necessarily in style, but in the hype surrounding him. Also, it is really hard for me to put a rookie ahead of a vet, even if the vet is only in his second or 3rd year.

#14 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I hear you, but Luck just doesn't impress me. He reminds me of Bradford a little. Not necessarily in style, but in the hype surrounding him. Also, it is really hard for me to put a rookie ahead of a vet, even if the vet is only in his second or 3rd year.

I just feel Ponder is really really bad lol. just inept

#15 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Folks,
I am a bit surprised by the lack of love for Andrew Luck. That team barely won 2 games before he was drafted. They lost a ton of talent. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year and he, with a poor offensive line and 1 legit receiver (do you know who their RB is? probably not) took them to the dance. He offensive statistics were amazing.

Russell WIlson has a great defense, which gives him more chances and allows the play calling to be more aggressive.

RGIII is very good, but his numbers are a bit inflated because many of his passes were short, safe ones. Still, he is the real deal.

Tannehill will be very good with patience. Whoever said that--right on.

Cam is the same. He is such an incredible athlete, people expect incredible all the time. He needs a RT and RG and for Silatolu to get better. A WR too. What he did with a rookie LG, a backup center, a scrub at RG and a weak RT is amazing. Wait until Gettlemen gets him a line and an option beyond Smitty and Olsen.

Wilson is a good player, but he will get figured out.

Dalton is a decent QB, but he is not great and never will be.

#16 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Luck played poorly all season. The one thing that he did well was fourth quarter comebacks. Granted that counts for a lot. But that doesn't make you a good QB

#17 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

wilson is a guy that mosly stays in the pocket to throw...he only had 4 rushing tds.

you act like hes a running qb thats going to get figured out

luck is decent, just wasnt all world better than everyone else....like he was expected to be.

#18 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Folks,
I am a bit surprised by the lack of love for Andrew Luck. That team barely won 2 games before he was drafted. They lost a ton of talent. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year and he, with a poor offensive line and 1 legit receiver (do you know who their RB is? probably not) took them to the dance. He offensive statistics were amazing.

Russell WIlson has a great defense, which gives him more chances and allows the play calling to be more aggressive.

RGIII is very good, but his numbers are a bit inflated because many of his passes were short, safe ones. Still, he is the real deal.

Tannehill will be very good with patience. Whoever said that--right on.

Cam is the same. He is such an incredible athlete, people expect incredible all the time. He needs a RT and RG and for Silatolu to get better. A WR too. What he did with a rookie LG, a backup center, a scrub at RG and a weak RT is amazing. Wait until Gettlemen gets him a line and an option beyond Smitty and Olsen.

Wilson is a good player, but he will get figured out.

Dalton is a decent QB, but he is not great and never will be.

Luck is very good.

I think some of the reason he doesn't get love was due to the pre-draft hype that made hims sound like a God, but instead you got Cam Newton 2012 (albeit with 11 wins), minus the 750 yards rushing.

I thought at the beginning of the year, Wilson was spoon fed and relied mainly on his defense and running game (as his yardage stats reinforce this). Yeah, you could say that. However, as the year progressed and as his team proceeded into the playoffs, Wilson showed a poise and a mastery of the QB position (particularly with covered receivers or when the play broke down) that the other Rookie and 2yr QB's don't currently possess. Now, does having Marshaun Brooks back there and a great defense help? Sure does; Maybe/probably. But I didn't see Kaepernick or RG3 buy time BTLOS like Wilson did towards the end of the season and during the playoffs, with their great rushing attacks/and or defense.

Now, if you're asking me will Cam, Luck, Tannehill, and maybe Kaepernick be better than Wilson in the art/craft of Quarterbacking a few years from now??...You could be right. The other guys (at least the good ones) have a higher upside, indeed. RG3, I'm not sure about, cause his offense helps him as much as anyone at the moment.

#19 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Luck is very good.

I think some of the reason he doesn't get love, was due to the pre-draft hype that made hims sound like a God, but instead you got Cam Newton 2012 (albeit with 11 wins), minus the 750 yards rushing.

I thought at the beginning of the year, Wilson was spoon fed and relied mainly on his defense and running game (as his yardage stats reinforce this). Yeah, you could say that. However, as the year progressed and as his team proceeded into the playoffs, Wilson showed a poise and a mastery of the QB position (particularly with covered receivers or when the play broke down) that the other Rookie and 2yr QB's don't currently possess. Now, does having Marshaun Brooks back there and a great defense help? Sure does; Maybe/probably. But I didn't see Kaepernick or RG3 buy time BTLOS like Wilson did towards the end of the season and during the playoffs, with their great rushing attacks/and or defense.

Now, if you're asking me, will Cam, Luck, Tannehill, and maybe Kaepernick be better than Wilson in the art/craft of Quarterbacking a few years from now??...You could be right. The other guys (at least the good ones) have a higher upside, indeed.

Agree for the most part. This is a decent young group that will be fun to watch for 10 years. I hate it for the chiefs, because I see nothing in this draft. I think Smith is the most interesting and has to go to the right system/coach, but Barkley is so beaten down, he could be the best of this bunch.

#20 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Agree for the most part. This is a decent young group that will be fun to watch for 10 years. I hate it for the chiefs, because I see nothing in this draft. I think Smith is the most interesting and has to go to the right system/coach, but Barkley is so beaten down, he could be the best of this bunch.

how do you feel about tyler bray out tennessee??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cam Newton, Russel Wilson, RG3, Colin Kaepernick, Warren Moon, Doug Williams, London Fletcher, Solomon Wilcots, Quarterback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users