22 replies to this topic

#16 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,438 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

When Smitty reaches the HOF I will cry and will not be ashamed..

#17 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,850 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

I don't think it's that obvious Sapp is a HOFer. He had some good years but he was never the best player in the league in my opinion. He just ran his mouth and chased the cameras.

#18 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,191 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

89 is two 1,200 yard seasons of matching Cris Carter in total yards. HOF is a great possibility for #89 if he can pass him. Plus Smitty has an all pro/pro bowl as a special teamer. Cris Carter has never lead the league in receiving and is 2 whole yards less in YPC. This is a good HOF sign for #89

#19 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

what will it take to get Sam Mills in?

#20 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

89 is two 1,200 yard seasons of matching Cris Carter in total yards. HOF is a great possibility for #89 if he can pass him. Plus Smitty has an all pro/pro bowl as a special teamer. Cris Carter has never lead the league in receiving and is 2 whole yards less in YPC. This is a good HOF sign for #89

No not really. The HofF committee has stated that when looking at the number aspect they look at the times in which they played. Current passing numbers are wayy up compared to previous decades. Look at hard it is for players like Tim Brown to get in.... Smitty deserves the world from Carolina when he retires, but not the Hall of Fame IMO.

#21 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

charles haley(de) should have been in.......5 super bowl rings and 105 sacks. hes crazy but its worth it!!!!!!!!!

#22 red rum

red rum

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I don't think it's that obvious Sapp is a HOFer. He had some good years but he was never the best player in the league in my opinion. He just ran his mouth and chased the cameras.

That's YOUR opinion. In actuality he helped to REDEFINE the Defensive Tackle position. There weren't many DT's posting sack numbers like Sapp and DISRUPTING OFFENSIVE LINES AS EFFECTIVELY until he came along. Sapp gave the DT position NEW LIFE. Even Kris Jenkins benefited from the possibilities.

True, Sapp is a loud mouth. But he is a HALL OF FAME-WORTHY LOUDMOUTH. Why is it that several teams run the Tampa 2 defense (even though the Bucs don't run it anymore)? Because Sapp was THAT effective in it.

It's not widely acknowledged outside of NFL circles, but Sapp was part of a LEGENDARY defense, in which he was a key cog that made it all work. Dungy BUILT A DEFENSE (that has been copycatted around the league) AROUND SAPP'S ABILITIES.

If that's not HOF worthy, then nothing is...

#23 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

oh i agree...sapp got about a 100 sacks from the dt position...he deserved it. people just dont understand how hard that is lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com