Photo
- - - - -

Bobcats Want Walker To Model Game After Parker, Paul

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#13 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I like Kemba, to be honest he is better than i really expected him to be. I always thought he would be a solid 6th man (Jason Terry) type who could come in and score off the bench. He has proven to me that he is a starting Guard to me. His ability to score and create his own shot is very good. He also is able to attack the rim and score at the rim with contact. He needs to continue to develop his passing skills to be a more rounded guard. I know he is stuck as the only threat on offense which makes it harder, but that should hurt his shooting %'s It should make for more open teammates with defenders coming off to help. With that said it doesn't matter if that teammate misses the "open" shot....

I don't blame Kemba for the lack of (easy buckets), I blame the system. Watch a thunder/spurs game and see the amount of easy buckets on back door cuts and lobs. When is the last time you saw a backdoor cut or lob for a Bobcat?

#14 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Completely agree!
Kemba is a very good scorer, but he can def still improve in the passing game. Comparing him to other young PGs, he doesn't move the offense like a Irving or Lillard. He doesn't make players around him better. He should be making players like Biz and MKG better. Irving and Lillard brings another dimension to the game.

I want Kemba to become a great player but he need to show me more. And with his size, sometimes he struggle to guard bigger players.

ATM, Kemba is nothing but a Two-Gaurd.

You gotta work with what you've got, and Kemba is a great talent even if he doesnt fit the mold of a prototypical PG. In a lot of ways the NBA doesnt require a traditional PG any more, and guys who can score and create with the ball are important no matter where they play.

Plus, as others have pointed out, with his quickness he would be a lot better on the pick and role if we had a big man good enough to run it

#15 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

His game will never mold after those guys, he's physically of a different mold from those traditional-esque points guards. I see more of a Barea/Terry/ Harris combo in Kemba. Which is pretty damn beast.