Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rookie Luke Kuechly >>> Julius Peppers in his Prime

66 posts in this topic

Posted

i just cannot explain this thread. no way would i take a rookie MLB over a stud DE in his prime.

Posted

I'm just glad we picked keek.

I rember that very few of us wanted to pick him... like maybe 5 of us. Most people were pissed because they wanted Poe or the guy from Carolina.

I think that the Keek pick is part of the reason why I wanted Rivera to get one more chance... He is doing well with draft picks, I think that he personally appealed to Richardson to draft Cam as well.

Posted

Im with the other guy, Keek vs Morgan wouldve been a better comparison. Im starting to realize how young some of you dudes are. Lol

Posted

i just cannot explain this thread. no way would i take a rookie MLB over a stud DE in his prime.

After thinking about it, and looking at the roster, I think I would take Keek over Peppers right now.

We have a really good duo with Johnson and Hardy already. I think that Johnson could have a similar career to Peppers if he can stay healthy and hungry. The same could be said for Hardy's potential as well.

I'm just curious as to what the LB lineup will be this year with the return of Beason.

Posted

One thing to consider, Keek could get even better O_0

Posted

Im with the other guy, Keek vs Morgan wouldve been a better comparison. Im starting to realize how young some of you dudes are. Lol

That would actually been a much better thread.

I see a lot of similarities between Morgan and Keek, but I think that Keek is smarter and quicker, but doesnt hit as hard.

Plus I dont think that Keek will be plagued with injuries either.

Posted

After thinking about it, and looking at the roster, I think I would take Keek over Peppers right now.

We have a really good duo with Johnson and Hardy already. I think that Johnson could have a similar career to Peppers if he can stay healthy and hungry. The same could be said for Hardy's potential as well.

I'm just curious as to what the LB lineup will be this year with the return of Beason.

right now, yeah. but this guy said JP in his prime.

Posted

right now, yeah. but this guy said JP in his prime.

Yea... JP in his prime was probably the best defensive player in football for 2 or 3 years.

Posted

What???? LMFAO!

Peppers wasn't GREAT? He was a great DE for the Panthers. He now is a good player for the Bears.

I'm guessing you never seen Peppers in a Panthers uniform.

I seen peppers play plenty even at the stadium and I also remember him being a ghost in the playoffs.

Posted

Absolutely, WHEN peppers played, he was amazing....but the guy wasn't an every down player. Sure he had talent, yes he made amazing plays, and yes OC would poo themselves trying to game plan for him. But I do not believe that he made the impact on every down like Keek does.

Also, here is Peppers stats. I know 2007 was one year, but it was in the middle of his "prime"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3530/julius-peppers

Keeks stats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14938/luke-kuechly

you said peppers in his prime the fact you think bringing up the 07 season helps your arguement shows how shotty it is to begin with peppers from 04, 05, and 06 was probably the best defensive player in football I wouldn't even put keek top 5 right now much less #1.

End thread

Will say as others have said a Morgan v Keek or Beason V Keek would have made more sense

Posted

You can't compare the two...

One has a freak physical skill set that is near unmatched.....the other's game is dictated by instincts and brains. Two polar opposites really. Luke has good measurables but they aren't what make him special

Posted

someone put luke's brain in a 24 year old peppers and see what the fug is up

imo peppers has squandered his opportunity to be enshrined in canton, whereas luke may end up in the HoF one day