• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

when Pep was on, there was no one better....but, with that said, he also benefited from a great D-line. Luke on the other hand just has IT. Great instincts, tackling machine, and a high motor. But, they also play different positions. Dan Morgan would have been a better comparison.

Yes, that great defensive line of Kemo, Lewis, and Brayton (on that token, one wonders why Fox didn't play Johnson more who had 6 sacks in limited time) who helped him reach 14.5 sacks in 2008 and then 10.5 in 2009.

I know a lot of people dislike him now, and I'm not too fond of him either with how he left, but man. As of now, Peppers is quite clearly the better defensive player. Maybe Kuechly will change that in the future. But for someone to say (not saying you said it by the way, just in response to the thread) Luke in his rookie year was anywhere close to J-Pep in his prime is an idiotic statement. Lets not seriously underrate the guy because of our personal feelings towards him.

#32 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yes, that great defensive line of Kemo, Lewis, and Brayton (on that token, one wonders why Fox didn't play Johnson more who had 6 sacks in limited time) who helped him reach 14.5 sacks in 2008 and then 10.5 in 2009.

I know a lot of people dislike him now, and I'm not too fond of him either with how he left, but man. As of now, Peppers is quite clearly the better defensive player. Maybe Kuechly will change that in the future. But for someone to say (not saying you said it by the way, just in response to the thread) Luke in his rookie year was anywhere close to J-Pep in his prime is an idiotic statement. Lets not seriously underrate the guy because of our personal feelings towards him.

im talking about Jenks, Buckner, and Rucker.

#33 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

im talking about Jenks, Buckner, and Rucker.

I know who you were talking about. But Peppers did just fine without him.

#34 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

I know who you were talking about. But Peppers did just fine without him.

well fair enough then.

#35 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

People that say this clearly have forgotten Peppers in his prime. Peppers redefined the DE position and is probably one if the mist athletic players to ever be in the NFL. Keek is a stud too, but no comparison

#36 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Peppers was once thought of as the best defensive player in the league and had the potential to be the best defensive player in NFL history. Many experts and players have said it, and I have seen it, on occasion. Freakish athlete that refined the DE position much like Gonzalez redefined the TE position.

Luke ain't there yet, but his first step is so quick it's scary. It gets him in trouble on playactions, but he stuffs runs in the backfield like no other. Barring injury, he will surpass the Urlachers of the NFL.

#37 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

i just cannot explain this thread. no way would i take a rookie MLB over a stud DE in his prime.

#38 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm just glad we picked keek.

I rember that very few of us wanted to pick him... like maybe 5 of us. Most people were pissed because they wanted Poe or the guy from Carolina.

I think that the Keek pick is part of the reason why I wanted Rivera to get one more chance... He is doing well with draft picks, I think that he personally appealed to Richardson to draft Cam as well.

#39 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Im with the other guy, Keek vs Morgan wouldve been a better comparison. Im starting to realize how young some of you dudes are. Lol

#40 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

i just cannot explain this thread. no way would i take a rookie MLB over a stud DE in his prime.

After thinking about it, and looking at the roster, I think I would take Keek over Peppers right now.

We have a really good duo with Johnson and Hardy already. I think that Johnson could have a similar career to Peppers if he can stay healthy and hungry. The same could be said for Hardy's potential as well.

I'm just curious as to what the LB lineup will be this year with the return of Beason.

#41 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

One thing to consider, Keek could get even better O_0

#42 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Im with the other guy, Keek vs Morgan wouldve been a better comparison. Im starting to realize how young some of you dudes are. Lol

That would actually been a much better thread.

I see a lot of similarities between Morgan and Keek, but I think that Keek is smarter and quicker, but doesnt hit as hard.

Plus I dont think that Keek will be plagued with injuries either.

#43 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

After thinking about it, and looking at the roster, I think I would take Keek over Peppers right now.

We have a really good duo with Johnson and Hardy already. I think that Johnson could have a similar career to Peppers if he can stay healthy and hungry. The same could be said for Hardy's potential as well.

I'm just curious as to what the LB lineup will be this year with the return of Beason.

right now, yeah. but this guy said JP in his prime.

#44 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

right now, yeah. but this guy said JP in his prime.

Yea... JP in his prime was probably the best defensive player in football for 2 or 3 years.

#45 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

What???? LMFAO!
Peppers wasn't GREAT? He was a great DE for the Panthers. He now is a good player for the Bears.

I'm guessing you never seen Peppers in a Panthers uniform.

I seen peppers play plenty even at the stadium and I also remember him being a ghost in the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com