Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Semantics Olympics

346 posts in this topic

Posted

i've read a lot of stupid stuff on the internet but this might take the cake

the last thing you want to do is white knight the boomers

that being said, be my guest

Posted

just looking for clarification or consistency (humor me with the idea that you could ever be consistent)

name calling is only ok if you do it to a woman, correct? or do you plan to warn noted dumbass mr scot as well?

e: btw why the "no calling old white guys names" policy anyway? is it just not PC enough for you?

Nah, whatever I say you will deny/disagree with.

You are like a small child," why why why" then throwing tantrums when you don't hear what you want.

Posted

the last thing you want to do is white knight the boomers

that being said, be my guest

you just characterized an entire generation of people as "generally shitty"

I point out how rediculous that is and I'm "white knighting" them?

Posted

Nah, whatever I say you will deny/disagree with.

You are like a small child," why why why" then throwing tantrums when you don't hear what you want.

sounds like a cop out to me

hey i wouldn't want to have to explain why degrading a woman is ok but calling a poster a moron for doing it isn't ok either, but i'm not the one that's in the position to have to justify it

Posted

you just characterized an entire generation of people as "generally shitty"

I point out how rediculous that is and I'm "white knighting" them?

the same people who directly benefited from the post war economy and a strengthened social safety net are the same people who today reliably vote for the politicians who openly campaign on cutting and privatizing "entitlements"

there's never been a more selfish, entitled, completely oblivious generation. successful by circumstance, they repeat a "bootstraps" mantra that they never actually applied to themselves. the boomers are poo.

Posted

sounds like a cop out to me

hey i wouldn't want to have to explain why degrading a woman is ok but calling a poster a moron for doing it isn't ok either, but i'm not the one that's in the position to have to justify it

Funny nor am I.

This isn't a free land.

Posted

Funny nor am I.

This isn't a free land.

oh ok then, suddenly this post is relevant again:

speaking of which, here's a book that goes into the attraction between conservatives and authoritarianism

http://members.shaw....horitarians.pdf

the tinderbox could be a case study on this

Posted

oh ok then, suddenly this post is relevant again:

Lolololololol

Sure kid. Whatever makes you happy.

Posted

as long as we don't pretend that this is anything other than a good ol' boys club, which is what sheikh zula said pages ago (and you subsequently mocked for some reason)

Posted

It's not.

Not that you care either way.

Posted

evidence says otherwise and you've made it clear that you don't want to talk about it sooo

Posted

the same people who directly benefited from the post war economy and a strengthened social safety net are the same people who today reliably vote for the politicians who openly campaign on cutting and privatizing "entitlements"

there's never been a more selfish, entitled, completely oblivious generation. successful by circumstance, they repeat a "bootstraps" mantra that they never actually applied to themselves. the boomers are poo.

it's really not that simple but whatever man, keep sippin that haterade, it's gonna take you places in life