Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Semantics Olympics

346 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Fwiw, I imagine most americans, black or white, wouldn't complain so much if they saw how much of the rest of the world lived.

Yeah man. Our homeless should count themselves lucky that they have such awesome trashcans that they can raid for scraps left by other overly wasteful Americans. If they had it rough like some of those starving Sudanese, they would really understand hardship.

Remember folks, someone always has it worse than you, just be thankful that you're not walking around with a distended belly and quit 'cha bitching.

Posted · Report post

Are you implying that because someone else has a worse situation than oneself that one should not strive to improve their own situation further?

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve things, but I am saying that americans complain a lot and are, to an extent, spoiled. We consume and waste more resources than just about any nation on earth.

Posted · Report post

I've seen other "experiments" like this where even other black people called the cops/intervened more when it was blacks committing the "crime"... but either way it doesn't surprise me. This is certainly a form of racism, and it's pretty prevalent.

As for those that saw the white kids vandalizing the car and simply walked on, I truly don't get that... why wouldn't you call the cops? Maybe they just rationalized it by saying to themselves that what the white kids were doing was harmless, who knows.

I think the far more telling thing was the people that called 911 for two black guys sleeping in a car... that's flat out racist.

Posted · Report post

Was this some sort of re enactment?

Not saying it didn't happen, but sure looks staged. How many vandals have a film crew on hand with close up facial expressions of all the appalled?

Just wondering

Posted · Report post

This proves nothing we already didn't know... Of course there is still racism but what the video doesn't show is it's on both sides

If I would have saw this I don't give a fug what color, race, religion, shape you are if you're destroying property (especially a car since I'm a motorhead) I'll either confront you or call the cops

Posted · Report post

A "black neighborhood", where black people reside, "white neighborhood", where white people reside. The fact that you don't know the difference says a lot about your underlying lack of knowledge.

lol, and never the two shall mix, amirite?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't have an assumption, I know what would happen.

You have a racist assumption. Much like the people in the video.

Posted · Report post

This one will ruin your entire day so be warned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=striKP3A84w&sns=em

Posted · Report post

this is perfect super bowl sunday counter programming.

Posted · Report post

I think Dr Pepper belongs to my neighborhood FB group

"Hey there's a suspicious black person wearing a Bulls hoodiewalking through the neighborhood. Keep an eye out" - Dr Pepper

"He was just walking?" - me

"Yes. Really slowly." - Dr Pepper

"Better call 911" - me

Posted · Report post

I think Dr Pepper belongs to my neighborhood FB group

"Hey there's a suspicious black person wearing a Bulls hoodiewalking through the neighborhood. Keep an eye out" - Dr Pepper

"He was just walking?" - me

"Yes. Really slowly." - Dr Pepper

"Better call 911" - me

Panthro, adults are trying to have a conversation here, so please be quiet and play with your toys.