345 replies to this topic

#166 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Would posting an example of him using racial stereotypes "prove" he is racist?

nope

#167 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,517 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

nope

So in essence you agree this is bullshit?

racial stereotypes are the definition of racism

I'm not arguing for or against anyone. I'm just wondering how seriously to take your posts.

#168 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

i think in this instance he's just using another poster's standard for determining what's racist, separate from his own beliefs

idk though i mostly just skimmed this topic

#169 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

I had a sociology professor who taught that all white americans are racist all the time and aren't capable of knowing it and controlling it

she was white

#170 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,517 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

i think in this instance he's just using another poster's standard for determining what's racist, separate from his own beliefs

idk though i mostly just skimmed this topic

There were some posts where I thought the same, but he did argue for this on more than one occasion. Admittedly I may have misread some sarcasm somewhere.

Stereotypes are ignorant, but I don't believe that using them makes anyone racist.

Racist people stereotype, but not everyone who stereotypes is racist.

#171 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,517 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I had a sociology professor who taught that all white americans are racist all the time and aren't capable of knowing it and controlling it

she was white

I think all humans, by nature, are somewhat intimidated by people different from themselves. But hate toward others (such as racism) is learned.

#172 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I said prove KT is a racist. They keep saying he is definitely one for some reason but don't give any evidence. He hasn't been banned yet has he?

If ncbiscuit et al held the same unrealistic standard for KT as they did for everyone else, he wouldn't be called a racist constantly. I mean he went as far as juxtaposing him with a fuging neonazi.

#173 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Racism is many times espoused on the Huddle through normal disagreements.

It can be a discussion of government spending, religion, education, sports, kids, etc. Inevitably, if the tread goes on over 3 pages, it will turn to race. Disagreements from conservatives on most of the subjects above, will land them in the racist column. Happens here all the time. I am branded by most of the left as racist because my views on subjects above are conservative and nothing more.
EX: Panthro/white sheet comment

So, let's hear more on your stereotypes discussions.

#174 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

stirs still salty about being the only person here thats been banned for being a racist, I see

#175 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

stereotypes are not owned by one race there SZ, see how it works?

I love to swim upstream sometimes and offer alternate views, mostly conservative vs liberal. This usually lands me somehow in a racist column. Whatever. I might defend a black lady pastor in her right to write notes of protest in her own way, or espouse how the liberal democratic machine looks to be on the side of the minorities but if you step back and look, they have done nothing but make them less educated, less affluent, less family oriented, all the while looking like their saviour just to get their allegience. Yeah, I say all kinds of stuff like that, but somehow become a Klan member over it.
And you stand there leading the band. You are blind my friend. And, exactly where they want you to be.

#176 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

you do not belong to the ingroup

not even in response to personal attacks?

lol of course not because it was mr scot and he was hurling gendered insults at a woman and for some reason that doesn't seem to count around here

speaking of which, here's a book that goes into the attraction between conservatives and authoritarianism

http://members.shaw....horitarians.pdf

the tinderbox could be a case study on this

Once you kids get out of college and realize walking around being victims your whole lives won't help you afford anything you are going to be P sad.

#177 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,517 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

I said prove KT is a racist. They keep saying he is definitely one for some reason but don't give any evidence. He hasn't been banned yet has he?

If ncbiscuit et al held the same unrealistic standard for KT as they did for everyone else, he wouldn't be called a racist constantly. I mean he went as far as juxtaposing him with a fuging neonazi.

I'm not even going to take a stab at saying if KT is racist or not. He's a good race baiter; no one can deny that.
But how do you want a poster to "prove" he is racist when you personally hold a different standard of proof for KT. You said racial stereotypes are the definition of racism. Is that only when certain people use stereotypes?

Some people are so hypersensitive over race issues that they would call you racist for having a double standard.

#178 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,771 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

I don't even know wtf this means? What unrealistic standard?

idk how long you've been around here since you've changed names so many times, but there are many, many threads that have been deleted where many of us have gone 'round and 'round with KT over his racist antics. There are also many, many instances of people wondering exactly WHY KT hasn't been banned more than he has.

Dude, I call it like I see it... I've called white guys, like sylvianlight, racist for their comments and I'll call KT a racist too because he views EVERYTHING as if all white people are racist, which is a racist viewpoint.

I've had many talks with guys on here, FoF, sagaciouspanther, chef17, posters I know to be black, about racial issues... not to mention the many, many black friends I have that I went to school with and speak with regularly on Facebook trying to understand the viewpoint of the black person so I can better understand it since I'm not black.

My point is... I know racist when I see it and you do too... and as Mr B said above, asking me to "prove it" is as pointless as someone asking you to "prove they're not" racist...

Kurb has a GREAT point... get out of school... see some real world life, then let's talk.

I will say this however... I don't agree with you much, but at least you can generally have an adult discussion, and I for one sincerely appreciate that.

#179 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Racism is many times espoused on the Huddle through normal disagreements.

It can be a discussion of government spending, religion, education, sports, kids, etc. Inevitably, if the tread goes on over 3 pages, it will turn to race. Disagreements from conservatives on most of the subjects above, will land them in the racist column. Happens here all the time. I am branded by most of the left as racist because my views on subjects above are conservative and nothing more.
EX: Panthro/white sheet comment

So, let's hear more on your stereotypes discussions.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/83840-alabama-high-school-football-coach-misspeaks-in-debate-situation/

#180 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,425 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

And you are saying what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.