345 replies to this topic

#16 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think the fact that you can call something a "black neighborhood" says a lot about your views on race, and the underlying fear that you live with every day.

#17 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

What do you think happens?

idk it just sounded like you had an assumption about what would happen. What am I baiting you to do?

#18 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

idk it just sounded like you had an assumption about what would happen. What am I baiting you to do?

I don't have an assumption, I know what would happen.

#19 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I think the fact that you can call something a "black neighborhood" says a lot about your views on race, and the underlying fear that you live with every day.

A "black neighborhood", where black people reside, "white neighborhood", where white people reside. The fact that you don't know the difference says a lot about your underlying lack of knowledge.

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

the things i learned about various races and people while working in the "rent to own" industry right out of high school are invaluable.
it flipped some stereotypes inside out and made others all the more obvious.

usually, those that comment the most about racial issues are the ones that don't have enough perspective or breadth of friendships with those from another race.
kinda like the guy who always talks about the war. those were the guys who peeled potatos. the guys who DON'T talk, now those are the guys who saw/did some stuff.

#21 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

A "black neighborhood", where black people reside, "white neighborhood", where white people reside. The fact that you don't know the difference says a lot about your underlying lack of knowledge.

Wow it must really blow your mind when you find yourself in a neighborhood with blacks and whites residing in it.

#22 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Come at me and then report your observations here on the message board.

What would me "coming at you" have to do with your irrational fear of black men?

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Fwiw, I imagine most americans, black or white, wouldn't complain so much if they saw how much of the rest of the world lived.

#24 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Fwiw, I imagine most americans, black or white, wouldn't complain so much if they saw how much of the rest of the world lived.

Are you implying that because someone else has a worse situation than oneself that one should not strive to improve their own situation further?

#25 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Yeah man. Our homeless should count themselves lucky that they have such awesome trashcans that they can raid for scraps left by other overly wasteful Americans. If they had it rough like some of those starving Sudanese, they would really understand hardship.

Remember folks, someone always has it worse than you, just be thankful that you're not walking around with a distended belly and quit 'cha bitching.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Are you implying that because someone else has a worse situation than oneself that one should not strive to improve their own situation further?

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve things, but I am saying that americans complain a lot and are, to an extent, spoiled. We consume and waste more resources than just about any nation on earth.

#27 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,986 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've seen other "experiments" like this where even other black people called the cops/intervened more when it was blacks committing the "crime"... but either way it doesn't surprise me. This is certainly a form of racism, and it's pretty prevalent.

As for those that saw the white kids vandalizing the car and simply walked on, I truly don't get that... why wouldn't you call the cops? Maybe they just rationalized it by saying to themselves that what the white kids were doing was harmless, who knows.

I think the far more telling thing was the people that called 911 for two black guys sleeping in a car... that's flat out racist.

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Was this some sort of re enactment?

Not saying it didn't happen, but sure looks staged. How many vandals have a film crew on hand with close up facial expressions of all the appalled?

Just wondering

#29 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

This proves nothing we already didn't know... Of course there is still racism but what the video doesn't show is it's on both sides

If I would have saw this I don't give a fug what color, race, religion, shape you are if you're destroying property (especially a car since I'm a motorhead) I'll either confront you or call the cops

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

lol, and never the two shall mix, amirite?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com