#301 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

also why are the n bomb, wh*** (synonymous with wench), and other slurs censored yet we have literally seen a poster talking about how "the (derogatory term for japanese people) deserved to be nuked" without getting banned and a poster who is likely compensating for the loss of something in his life (perhaps his hairline?)*** freely tosses around bitch like it's a totally acceptable and not in any way sexist thing to do

***this could be any poster and is not in any way directed at you or your receding hairline

It's because most people don't give a fug. I know what you mean I researched this in libraries (my pathetic school library) when I was fourth grade.

#302 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

It's because most people don't give a fug. I know what you mean I researched this in libraries (my pathetic school library) when I was fourth grade.

i just don't get why calling someone a bitch (or any other slur) is totally ok around here but calling a person a moron for doing so isn't. saying that it's only ok because the person that's being attacked doesn't post here is in fact a total cop out. if you're going to use inflammatory language and/or be a sexist/racist pig, you should be prepared for blowback. of course the same conservative dipshits who whine about "political correctness" trip over themselves to report my posts when i rightfully call them moronic for dropping irrelevant, gendered slurs

i'm aware that i use curse words and apparently that upsets the delicate sensibilities of pigs, but i don't even report slurs, as i prefer to shame rather than censor sexists and racists. what's problematic is that we've got people around here who have posted abso-fuging-lutely abhorrent, racist, sexist poo, and plenty of posts in which i was "personally attacked," however the only times i've seen the alleged rules enforced around here were when
a ) i called out a person who has a propensity for objectifying women, pointing out that it's not only wrong, but strange that he would have such high standards when he is in fact a fat sack of poo who literally accused a rape victim of wanting it (this actually happened. the exact quote is: "I got the impression on the TV story that the girl was fully aware of what she was doing... she was kind of doing the victim thing, but 16 is old enough to know what's going on. I'm sure lots of kids are taken of advantage of like this, but I don't think that's what was going on in this situation.")
b ) i called out a person who couldn't criticize a woman without using a gendered insult, resulting in like 5 pages of posts in this very thread mansplaining why wench is a totally ok thing to call a woman for no real reason, but "moron" is wayyy over the line

like sheikh said pages ago, it's a good ol' boys club around here and they can't handle having their fuged up worldview challenged. they want an echo chamber, and i enjoy watching them squirm when their foundational beliefs are challenged. problem is if you embarrass certain people too many times, they run to their bff moderators (see the post earlier about noted sexist ncbiscuit kowtowing to kurb)

#303 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,709 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

i want to take a steaming poo on this thread

#304 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

The article I quoted stated that they were not interested in giving State money for the stadium.....your quote said they met (and nothing more).

You can just stay here and be dumb....it is amusing to the rest of us.

More work has been done to help kids in Africa re: AIDS than ever did under Clinton's regime. So don't come at me with the santimonious bs.

This jack-A started a thread with my name in it. Don't you be a little b.

I swear....most of your posts sound like the ramblings of someone on a bad acid trip.

....aaaand as usual Cantrell, either intentionally or just because he's dense, completely spins the "entitlement" discussion to fit his world view. I haven't seen one person say that entitlements for people in need are a bad thing. The problem with the entitlement system is that its rife with abuse... But you go ahead with your hate of everyone that has done well in life and your blind trust of govt you sad, bitter person.

dear kurb,

please explain why these personal attacks are ok (btw 2 of these 4 aren't directed at me, and all 4 are located on the front page of this forum)

#305 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

i want to take a steaming poo on this thread

Sort of like fighting fire with fire?

#306 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,580 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

dear kurb,

please explain why these personal attacks are ok (btw 2 of these 4 aren't directed at me, and all 4 are located on the front page of this forum)

No

Also my hair is fabulous.

#307 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,443 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

lol

#308 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

If it weren't for name calling, the Tbox would be reduced to arguments/debates over controversial subjects. (sarcasm)

Would also cut thread lengths by about 70%. Most threads like this one go from OP subject to name calling within the first 2 pages, then thread is derailed and all hell breaks loose. Nature of the beast here. If you want true discourse and debate, you are probably barking up the wrong tree here on the Huddle.

#309 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,854 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

So, who was called a wench in the first place? Is it the snarky comment leaving pastor?

#310 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

So, who was called a wench in the first place? Is it the snarky comment leaving pastor?

Yep, that's the one.

#311 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Outrage between right and left groups has always been selective. Authoritative academia, snark and selective commission of the english language is typically the purview of the left. Authoritative morality based on immediate culture rather than ethics and/or learned inspection of their personal beliefs is typically the purview of the right.

The danger to both parties is a continuing trend towards implementing the foundations for a thought police rather than a rights police. Even more dangerous is an assumption that the thoughts we assume to be policing are accurate. This blow-up seems to highlight many of these phenomena.

#312 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

No

libertarian struggles to justify his own positions

i have never seen this before

#313 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

If it weren't for name calling, the Tbox would be reduced to arguments/debates over controversial subjects. (sarcasm)

Would also cut thread lengths by about 70%. Most threads like this one go from OP subject to name calling within the first 2 pages, then thread is derailed and all hell breaks loose. Nature of the beast here. If you want true discourse and debate, you are probably barking up the wrong tree here on the Huddle.

for once, i agree

pretty much everyone does it. basically any topic that goes beyond 2 pages will have it at some point.

kurb is a poo admin so the alleged rule is only selectively enforced to further insulate himself and some tubby sexist*** from reality

***this could literally be anyone and is in no way a personal attack on any particular person who may be demonstrably fat and/or prone to blaming rape victims for their rape

#314 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,960 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

ANARCHY
ANARCHY
ANARCHY
HAIL SATAN
ANARCHY