#46 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

A mass exodus of African Americas back to Africa will happen in the next..ehh call it 100 years. Marcus Garvery 2.0 will hit the mainstream sometime this century, and this won't be a problem anymore.

#47 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Wait, you are saying racism is alive and well?

Stop the presses!

One thing I notice is that when kids are raised in a 2 parent home of any race or creed, chances are those kids will do well. When a mom is struggling to raise kids by herself things can go wrong very easily. There will never be enough money for enough social workers, teachers, police, etc to replace an absentee parent.

Look at the 2005 cencus data...

Single Parent Family Statistics by Race

From the US Census Bureau 2005 Data
  • 50% of African American children live in single parent families headed by the mother
  • 25% of Hispanic kids live with a single mother
  • 16% of non-Hispanic white children reside with a single mom
  • 10% of Asian kids live with a single mother
  • 4-5% of children of all races live with a single father
Now couple that information with the fact that kids from fatherless homes are 80% more likely to be in trouble with the law.

Look at that data think think about how rare it is to see an asian youth in trouble. I have shot Vietnamese weddings and the family bond they have puts the rest of us to shame. Its really amazing to see.

#48 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,158 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Wait, you are saying racism is alive and well?

Stop the presses!

One thing I notice is that when kids are raised in a 2 parent home of any race or creed, chances are those kids will do well. When a mom is struggling to raise kids by herself things can go wrong very easily. There will never be enough money for enough social workers, teachers, police, etc to replace an absentee parent.

Look at the 2005 cencus data...

Single Parent Family Statistics by Race

From the US Census Bureau 2005 Data

• 50% of African American children live in single parent families headed by the mother
  • 25% of Hispanic kids live with a single mother
  • 16% of non-Hispanic white children reside with a single mom
  • 10% of Asian kids live with a single mother
  • 4-5% of children of all races live with a single father
Now couple that information with the fact that kids from fatherless homes are 80% more likely to be in trouble with the law.

Look at that data think think about how rare it is to see an asian youth in trouble. I have shot Vietnamese weddings and the family bond they have puts the rest of us to shame. Its really amazing to see.

Speechless....... in a good way

#49 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Here's my 2 cents.

A white guy goes into the hood and does some stupid poo like that will more than likely get beat up and/ or shot.

A black guy goes into a trailer park and does some stupid pop like that will more than likely get beat up and/ or shot.

Fair enough Bait Zula?

#50 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

yeah sheikie quit baiting us into saying racist things

#51 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Does stereotype = racism ?

#52 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Does stereotype = racism ?

Nope.

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. They are commonly found.

Prejudging people based on stereotypes assuming all people of a certain group belong in that stereotype can be racist or prejudiced. .

#53 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Nope.

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. They are commonly found.

Prejudging people based on stereotypes assuming all people of a certain group belong in that stereotype can be racist or prejudiced. .

That's how I try to go about it as well.
I think we can laugh at Stereotypes and should fight blatant racism.

But the feeling I am getting around this subforum lately, that if I say "Black people love watermelon, chick, can dance, are good runners" I am a Clan member.
Those things are stereotypes.
Just like Mexicans in a car, White people can dance/jump/rap. Asians are good at math, ETC.

Big difference in that and saying "I don't like n***ers b/c they are n***ers and as such don't work hard.

#54 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

So what Zod is saying that the destruction of the family unit has led to the demise of many?

#55 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

So what Zod is saying that the destruction of the family unit has led to the demise of many?

Pretty simple really.

And when single moms are so pervasive in any community its going to be worse exponentially as these troubled kids look to each other for answers and not fathers.

#56 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Now that you recognize the problem...how do you fix it.

#57 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Pretty simple really.

And when single moms are so pervasive in any community its going to be worse exponentially as these troubled kids look to each other for answers and not fathers.

How do you explain the overwhelming amount of child abuse that goes in the white community? Many of these households are two parent. 70% of violent offenders towards children in prison are white. Sandy Hook, Catholic Church, Sandusky/Penn State, Casey Anthony, Zimmerman killing Trayvon, are but recent examples of violence or endangerment towards children. Is it OK to stereotype white males/people as being prone to violence against children? And do you think there is something cultural that leads to this?

#58 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

I personally think that is a fair stereotype... the vast majority of pedophiles/abusers of children I've seen are white. idk what the causes of that are... I'd speculate that it's less a cultural issue and more of a sexual repression/mental illness issue or the need to dominate someone that can't fight back, but maybe there are cultural things that lead people to that... hard to say.

#59 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

How do you explain the overwhelming amount of child abuse that goes in the white community? Many of these households are two parent. 70% of violent offenders towards children in prison are white. Sandy Hook, Catholic Church, Sandusky/Penn State, Casey Anthony, are but recent examples of violence or endangerment towards children. Is it OK to stereotype white males/people as being prone to violence against children? And do you think there is something cultural that leads to this?

I think there is a stereotype of what a sexual predator is. He is a white male. No one says "sexual predator" and a female or black guy springs to mind.

Now, is it so commonplace that caused an epidemic in the white community that is causing a disproportionate number to turn to gangs or crime? Not that I am aware of. Is it awful and disgraceful to us? You bet.

The data proves, without bias, that a large number of black households lack two parents. Data also proves that a disproportionate amount of black men are in prison. Is it at least worth investigation that these two things are related?

#60 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

racial stereotypes are the definition of racism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.