#76 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

But his father was very much a part of his life, even ID'd his body after the massacre.

You're changing your argument.

#77 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Racial stereotypes are a form of racism. I didn't mean it would literally be in Webster's as..

RACISM (n): Racial stereotypes

#78 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Or maybe white males are just prone to hurting and committing violent acts against children. There are plenty of people with autism and schizophrenia who dont open fire on elementary school kids.

You are so defensive.

No one is saying being black makes you more likely to be a criminal.

What we are saying is that coming from a broken home will make it more likely. That is crystal clear. Will it happen every time? No. But in general it increases the odds.

The answer to this problem is strong two parent homes. A mom and a dad raising their children. This applies across the board, every color.

#79 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I have found that a lot of racism is sponsored by our government, to their own advantage.

For instance... the Republican/Tea party disdain for the 'projects' and 'welfare'. They are brainwashed into believing that it is an ethnic problem, even though it is blatantly false, and welfare supports an equal amount of whites.

What they dont understand is that while the government has the people busy blaming each other for our problems... the REAL problem is going on right beneath our noses... the expenditure of trillions of dollars a year to the military industrial complex (53% of all of our tax dollars) and then another huge percentage goes to corporate welfare (bank bailouts, tax incentives for oil companies...etc.)

As long as we are busy fighting ourselves with this Left-Right paradigm they have improsoned us in, we have no power to unite and fix the real underlying problems of our society.

#80 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I have found that a lot of racism is sponsored by our government, to their own advantage.

For instance... the Republican/Tea party disdain for the 'projects' and 'welfare'. They are brainwashed into believing that it is an ethnic problem, even though it is blatantly false, and welfare supports an equal amount of whites.

What they dont understand is that while the government has the people busy blaming each other for our problems... the REAL problem is going on right beneath our noses... the expenditure of trillions of dollars a year to the military industrial complex (53% of all of our tax dollars) and then another huge percentage goes to corporate welfare (bank bailouts, tax incentives for oil companies...etc.)

As long as we are busy fighting ourselves with this Left-Right paradigm they have improsoned us in, we have no power to unite and fix the real underlying problems of our society.

I agree with this. The finger pointing across the aisles is funny. All fingers need to be pointed at Washington DC as a whole.

Not a he said this, or he did this, it's a bigger problem than an R and D issue.

They are playing us like cards.

#81 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Most people believe that racial stereotypes fall under "racial prejudice".

and they would be incorrect.

#82 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

it's no wonder we have so many racist posters here that are free to spout their garbage 24/7 when the management is blatantly racist themselves

#83 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

it's no wonder we have so many racist posters here that are free to spout their garbage 24/7 when the management is blatantly racist themselves

I'll be sure to mention that to my Korean wife, Korean mother-in-law and one of my best friends who is Hispanic.

I'll wait for your retort on "if you have to list them..." bullshit.

Just because I don't agree with you opinion doesn't make me or anyone else a racist. Get over yourself. Being a minority doesn't make you some omnipotent God to declare what is and isn't Racist based just on that.

#84 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'll be sure to mention that to my Korean wife, Korean mother-in-law and one of my best friends who is Hispanic.

Just because I don't agree with you opinion doesn't make me or anyone else a racist. Get over yourself. Being a minority doesn't make you some omnipotent God to declare what is and isn't Racist based just on that.

It's only a race issue if the other person is black.

#85 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

hey I like to be prejudiced towards certain races but in no way does that make me someone that stereotypes people and especially not a racist. (plus I have a hispanic friend which means I am incapable of holding racist beliefs)

some cognitive dissonance itt

#86 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,486 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'm seriously curious as to what you see here that leads you to this opinion.

#87 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm seriously curious as to what you see here that leads you to this opinion.

what part?

#88 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

hey I like to be prejudiced towards certain races but in no way does that make me someone that stereotypes people and especially not a racist. (plus I have a hispanic friend which means I am incapable of holding racist beliefs)

some cognitive dissonance itt

Thanks for proving that one for me.

Please show everyone where I have been racist? I'm fuging begging you.
I've grown tired of your self righteous routine about this subject. Show the forum where I am being a racist ? So I can defend myself and expose you.

#89 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

That's how I try to go about it as well.
I think we can laugh at Stereotypes and should fight blatant racism.

But the feeling I am getting around this subforum lately, that if I say "Black people love watermelon, chick, can dance, are good runners" I am a Clan member.
Those things are stereotypes.
Just like Mexicans in a car, White people can dance/jump/rap. Asians are good at math, ETC.

Big difference in that and saying "I don't like n***ers b/c they are n***ers and as such don't work hard.

sup

#90 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I can envision some heavy duty neg repping very soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.