Good

#123 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Kurb is not racist. I don't think you are.

Sylvianlight is.

KT is.

Promoting either of them to admin would be nuts.

This is a discussion that I would like to have, but I think it's impossible in this forum.

I think that there are levels of racism...

I'll use my dad as an example... he's not blatantly racist, he has several friends who are black that he does stuff with and for all the time. But if he saw some random black guy, he would probably avoid him, not really overtly, but definitely intentionally...

Is he the same as a guy who is a skin head, has a Nazi tattoo and looks to intentionally hurt someone just because they're not white?

Both are racist, neither should be acceptable. I didn't start this thread over skinheads, I posted it because of the way more common subtle form.

#124 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Stirs shut up .

*smh*

racist

#125 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,586 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Both are racist, neither should be acceptable. I didn't start this thread over skinheads, I posted it because of the way more common subtle form.

Completely agree on both counts... but sometimes it is what it is. I think in my dads case, and in the majority of older people, it's just how they were raised. Schools were segregated and they had little to no interaction with people of other races. When I went to school, it was integrated, matter of fact my school was majority black... I had tons of black friends and not just friends, but close friends, so it changes your whole mindset. You see people less as "black" or "white" but just as people.

Things are slowly changing, but they are changing.

#126 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

stirs' posts here are exactly what I'm talking about. any accusation of possible racism, institutional or whatever, is automatically discredited as "playing the race card again :rolleyes:"

the dude tries to justify trying to find the origin of the N word because he desperately wants to use in it in the totally not racist context. you poor victim you. sowwy you got banned.

#127 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I use the n word. Not in a derogatory, racist kind of way but that as a term of endearment and affection. It that's possible.

#128 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,586 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

stirs' posts here are exactly what I'm talking about. any accusation of possible racism, institutional or whatever, is automatically discredited as "playing the race card again :rolleyes:"

the dude tries to justify trying to find the origin of the N word because he desperately wants to use in it in the totally not racist context. you poor victim you. sowwy you got banned.

Using one particular user isn't the best context here... I don't usually agree with stirs, and I've seen him say some stuff that I would not say... but is he overtly racist? Are you saying that discussing that word is completely out of bounds? I don't think it is... I just think we don't do it here because it literally cannot be done without it getting completely derailed and overboard.

There is a fair amount of "race card" criticism... and I've seen it run both ways... sometimes race IS brought up out of the blue (both by lefties and righties) in a non-appropriate way in these discussions, so I see where you're coming from with that, but I personally think the mods do a pretty good job of dealing with inappropriate posts.

#129 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Do you know the origin of the word? It is the most volatile word now in the English language. No curiosity? It won't cause your feet to go to sleep or your ears to ring by typing it or talking about it. That's the most childish thing I have ever seen. My whole discussion about origins had to do with the pronuctiation of certain words in the south as opposted to the north. When the word was used and when it became taboo.

Sorry to disappoint you and the big chip permanently resting on your shoulder, but I don't use it.

By the way, I guess when all those guys slap down your arguments, you come back to a non mod to start the accusations all over again.

#130 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,238 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

See what I mean about commenting on stuff u don't know about? Lol

#131 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,744 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

this thread is absolutely tragic.

#132 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Just putting this out there for what it's worth, the most dangerous neighborhood community in the area I live in is a mostly black community and it's been so bad recently that cops have had to station one of those towers and now have at least 3 patrol officers diving though it at all times.

they aren't doing it because they are being nice and selling girl scout cookies and just happen to be black.

#133 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

you know i do think for a page or two there we actually had sane, logical, and dare i say cordial discussion on race in the tinderbox?

I'm speechless

#134 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

KT is.

Prove it. Just because I've called you out time and time again doesnt make it so.

#135 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,586 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Prove it. Just because I've called you out time and time again doesnt make it so.

lol, you've called me out. That's hilarious... From the guy that repeatedpy said "none of us" meaning white fans, would support a black QB, that Jerry Richardson was "too racist" to habe a black QB and about a billion other comments on here, including in this thread...

...but go ahead with your silliness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.