Photo
- - - - -

‘American Sniper’ author fatally shot Former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle and another man are found dead at a Texas gun range

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,204 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

GLEN ROSE, Texas (AP) — Former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle was fatally shot along with another man Saturday on a Texas gun range, a sheriff told local newspapers.
Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant said Kyle, 38, and a second man were found dead at Rough Creek Lodge's shooting range west of Glen Rose, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram andStephenville Empire-Tribune. Glen Rose is about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
Bryant did not immediately return phone calls to The Associated Press seeking comment late Saturday and early Sunday. A woman who answered the phone at the lodge where the shooting occurred declined comment and referred calls to the sheriff's office.
Investigators did not immediately release the name of the second victim, according to the newspapers.
Witnesses told sheriff's investigators that a gunman opened fire on the men around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, then fled in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the Star-Telegram. The newspapers said a 25-year-old man was later taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, and that charges were expected.

http://news.yahoo.co...-072047785.html

This is also the same guy Jesse Ventura was suing as well.

If I was a Seal I would keep my mouth shut seems like you die when you speak...

on a side note-still odd that all the Seals that killed Osama Bin Laden are dead and you never really hear much about that...

#2 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Really??? All the Seals that were apart of killing Osama are now dead?

#3 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

internet myth

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

This is the conservative perfecta.

Lets invade Iraq and Afghanistan, don't worry we won't have any of those terrible Vietnam era mental things as this is a cakewalk, besides we have some great accounting schemes to pay for it while lowering your taxes, future health care costs, well, they won't be that bad or we can just ignore them like we did last time HOORAH

Oh and this is just another tragedy, so lets not count it the gun debate, like all the other tragedies, they are merely liberal talking points

#5 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Ummm, no. I happen to know one of them personally...and he's not dead. But he also has spoken to no one since.

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,529 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

i know another one as well who lives on the east coast. very much alive.

#7 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,204 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

http://www.rawstory....opter-crash-ap/

I remember when this was 1st reported

SEAL Team 6, unit that killed Osama bin Laden, died in helicopter crash: AP

The Associated Press reported that the majority of the 31 American troops killed Saturday when the Taliban shot down a military helicopter over Afghanistan were members of SEAL Team 6, the elite team that killed Osama bin Laden in May.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai delivered news of the 38 total fatalities, the highest single-day U.S. death toll in the decade of U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan.

The AP cited only “AP sources” in reporting that the dead troops were part of SEAL Team 6. NATO acknowledged that the crash had happened, but did not give a reason why, or release names yet. NATO has also not released their own fatality count.

Posted ImageRaw Story (http://s.tt/1d7CA)

but this has been added to the bottom of the story

UPDATE:CNN is reporting that none of the SEALs in the crash were members of the operation that killed Osama bin Laden. Officials now confirm that the helicopter was shot down by insurgents.
Posted ImageRaw Story (http://s.tt/1d7CA)

#8 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,335 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

1 seal team consist of around 120 troops as far as I know... I know a guy from seal team 9. He's very quiet and does not tell many people he's a navy seal.

#9 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Oh great...

Give it another week, and MSNBC will be talking about how we need to disarm all of the veterans next.

#10 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...mepage-t&page=2

"Troubled vet" or "skilled assasin, who pretended"

You be the judge....

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

The answer is obvious: we need good guys with guns stationed at every shooting range in the US.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Seriously, all my gun nut FB friends are making sure to go out of their way to put this guys picture up with no comments about what happened, or to say the shooter is a coward (shooting the baddest sniper of all time at a gun range is stupid, crazy, illegal, etc...but "cowardly"???), or to tell me how "Twitter" is "full of liberals saying he got what he deserved".

#13 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 522 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Rest Easy....

#14 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Live by the gun

Die by the gun

#15 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,624 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Victims knew the gunman. They were trying to help him with his PTSD. Travis Cox, president of FITCO Cares, a non-profit organization founded by Kyle, told the Associated Press on Sunday that Routh suffered from PTSD and that Kyle and Littlefield had taken him to the gun range in an attempt to help him. Kyle: "Dude, you seem really depressed, emotionally unstable and possibly suicidal." Routh: "Yeah, Doc at the VA says I have PTSD." Kyle: "Man that sucks! What could we possible do to help you get through this serious emotional crisis? Hey, I've got a great idea! How about we head down to the firing range and hook you up with your own weapon and some live rounds?" Really? That wouldn't have been my first choice, but I guess it made sense to these guys. http://www.usatoday....-routh/1890399/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com