Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is more important...Luke or Cam?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Irv's isn't a viable nomination.

Posted

I'm bout to give Cam a new $100mil contract and Kuechly a $70mil contract

Posted

I always go QB first. A great QB can make up for a lot more deficiencies team wide than an ILB.

Posted

Cams contract is going to be the biggest in league history. 100 million is dreaming. You're overpaying for Kuechly. Assume he'll pull in about 50 mill.

Posted

Obviously Cam no questions asked.

Posted

I always question individual position judgment questions in the context of a team sport, especially at the pro level.

Say you have a great QB? Cool. Stick him with mediocre receivers, a lousy offensive line and crummy backs and congrats, you have Archie Manning.

I don't see this discussion as much different than the ones where people ask if you'd rather have great covers or dominant pass rushers. You need both.

If it's discussion for the heck of it, fine, but it's not very realistic.

Yes, you need both. My point is however nobody is saying otherwise.

It is, "who is more important (basically who is more vital to our success) - Cam Newton or Luke Kuechly?" It isn't about if defense is needed or not. We know defense is important. But QB >> MLB by a good amount. Like someone said earlier, you are more likely to find playoff teams with average MLBs than you will average QBs. And the playoff teams with average QBs don't often last long.

So it is a simple question. Would you rather have Cam or Kuechly?

Posted

Only on a panthers forum where a big time franchise QB is being compared to an unknown defensive player on level of importance. Weirdest fans, I tell ya!

Posted

Ask the Saints if defense matters (and they had one of the league's best QBs)

Team building is my framework for the question.

Mind you, there's no way I'd minimize the importance of the QB spot, but I don't like an unbalanced approach to roster building. And like I said, I build from the lines first.

Still can't believe the Saints* had more than 5 wins with the worst defense ever!

Posted

QB duh

Posted

This thread is dildos.

Posted

I'm bout to give Cam a new $100mil contract and Kuechly a $70mil contract

If Cam is smart, he'll wait to sign/renew/extend his contract with the Panthers, until they make the necessary changes to improve the team and help him.

Why lock yourself up with a team, if they haven't demonstrated the competency or desire to win?

Plus, this will force the team to make the necessary changes, if Cam is not quick to sign, when first available.

Posted

Armanti