44 replies to this topic

#16 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

So if the 49ers didn't lose the game (by 3 points btw), the running game would be vital towards getting a Lombardi and this team would "be on the right page"?

Every offense has a formula. Of course it's going to look awful when a team doesn't win games with it. It's silly to think that the Super Bowl-winning formula is the only formula capable of being successful.

The Panthers selling out to the read-option offense this past year cost us.

Just because the Ravens won the championship doesn't mean they did everything perfectly and our team should just copy their gameplan like sheep.

their franchise model is world's better than ours and has been for years, so yea taking a few pages from their book would help

Saying the running game doesn't matter because the Ravens won without it, would be like saying that 109-yard kickoff returns are necessary to win next year's Super Bowl.

this would actually be more accurately analogous to saying that good special teams helps a lot, and if not for a bunch of special teams gaffes on the Ravens' part against the Broncos several weeks ago that game would not have made it to overtime.

#17 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

if you cant see that your argument is one sided and doesnt include a new variable, that is the mobile qb, then you sir are the moron.

a long overdue block in 3....2.....1......

#18 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

35 years old and he still can't take it when someone calls him a moron

go ahead and press that block button nancy

#19 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

35 years old and he still can't take it when someone calls him a moron

go ahead and press that block button nancy

listen up. your god almightyness is laughable, so are your witty name calling attempts. i point out a flaw in your STATS and you cant come up with a logical retort and have to do what other grownups such as yourself do and call people morons and nancys. yes, im actually tired of reading your posts, sorry if that hurts your e-boy ego.

#20 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

no cultclassiccat don't block me, keep enlightening me on this new concept of the "mobile qb" which has been around for at least 20 years

#21 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,004 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

The 49ers also turned it over twice while Baltimore only turned it over once, SF was only 22% on 3rd down while Baltimore was 55%, SF was 33% inside the 20 while Baltimore was 50%, SF had 150% more penalties, and SF gave up that ludicrous return touchdown. You're cherry-picking a stat.

#22 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

i get your premise mister love. the rules in the nfl favor a passing game. running the football will still be important but you dont have to be #1 rushing to be successful. and you definitely dont need 2 first round picks to run the ball!

#23 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

i think honestly we need to do like the giants and falcons and get our young qb some more weapons outside. we cant keep trying to hide our qbs behind a strong run game.

#24 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Ravens were ranked a modest 11th while the Niners ranked 4th in the league in 2012
Last year the Giants ranked 32nd in the rushing yards
The year before the Packers ranked 24th

...keep telling me you need to dominate on the ground to win the game guys

Obviously dominating in the ground game makes you lose. Now I understand thabks

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,487 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Ravens were ranked a modest 11th while the Niners ranked 4th in the league in 2012

I don't think anyone believes you absolutely have to dominate on the ground to win, but there is no doubt it helps. The forty niners made a few more mistakes (turnovers, key penalties) than the Ravens did, and in the end, that is what cost them the game.

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

SF lost this game because of bonehead mistakes and turnovers in the first half.....not because they have a good running game.

#27 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

wait there are still people who believe we should devote resources and effort into crafting a running attack? But haven't they seen an NFL game at all the past 5 years?

#28 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

i agree you dont need a super running game but a solid one. running backs not that valued now because it has turned to a passing game. look for rbs who can catch the ball out of the back filed too.

defense still wins championships.

#29 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 908 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Out of the 12 teams in the playoffs, 8 of them had top 16 rushing attacks. 4 of the top 5 rushing teams during the regular season made it to the playoffs. Baltimore was 11th in rushing during the season and was 5th in yds per game during the playoffs. Just because they didn't run it more than the 9ners in the Super Bowl doesn't mean they were slouches.

We don't need anymore overpaid running backs...correct. But to say it isn't vital for success is thinking one dimensionally I'm glad some of you don't have Gettleman's ear.

#30 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

9ers have a strong run D, but had some really pooty play from their DBs. You take what the defense gives you. If their D was the opposite, then I'm sure the Ravens gameplan and stats would have reflected that as well.

You have to be able to do both, and take advantage of the weakness of the D. Being one dimensional either way won't get you very far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com