Photo
- - - - -

The non-call on 4th down

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#25 Duncan81

Duncan81

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

The ball was very catch-able if the ravens db didn't have Crabtree in a bear hug....was #15 pushing off? yeah probably but he was trying to get out the arms of the db.... should have at least been replay of down....terrible no call in a big game

#26 TheJason

TheJason

Black & Blue in The Bay

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

We're talking about the Akers flop, right? Or a different shitty call on 4th down?

#27 Matthias

Matthias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Maybe your DNA is more evolved so I saw defensive HOLDING. No PI.

I was indifferent either way but was hoping Ray Ray would convert to Islam by end of the game. I just like to see a fair game. The Seahawks vs Pitt had the worst calls and non calls against the Seahawks and I was pissed at them for eliminating us in the Playoffs.

I feel last night's game was pretty good in terms of officiating. That last play was a good non call. It was a bad throw out of bounds, and I even felt like the pass was going out of bounds when it left Colin's hands. The 49ers have no one to blame but themselves. Yet all in all, if they are going to complain about that, they should also let the Falcons have one more attempt at the end zone to go to the superbowl. Let's just replay all the plays to be fair.

#28 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Also, it was a stupid move to call a timeout by Jim. Take the five yard penalty, it would probably help the chances of scoring with more room to work anyway. Because of that move, they were left with only one timeout, and the Ravens were able to milk the clock. The 49ers lost this game on so many levels, the fact they (Players and fans alike) would even dream of complaining is amusing.

#29 bphardin2

bphardin2

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Crabtree engaged the corner to start then tried to push off good no call. Culliver of the 49ers blatantly molested every receiver he covered all night and got flagged once. They didn't call alot last night.

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

I did find it amusing that the refs were very hands off last night. People were screaming about Boger after our game with him reffing.

#31 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Boger let things go in our game too. Then threw flags on ticky tack plays - Palmer hit, Akers flop.

The officials wouldn't have been wrong by throwing a flag on the play. But I do think it was a good no call.

#32 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

The no-call that I still can't believe no one is talking about was on the Punter Safety. When the announcers were saying, "Strange the 49ers are letting him run around back there," I was screaming in the bar, "That's because they're being held!" And on the replay you could clearly see, a 49er after the punter being held in a full on bear hug from behind by a Raven. Here is the video:
Posted Image

That was easily the most flagrant hold I've ever seen in any NFL game. I mean a fuggin' bear hug? Right in the middle of where the action was taking place. This wasn't on the opposite sideline, it was next to the ball carrier. Still, no call.

I guess no one cares because it was a million to one shot the 49ers could pull it out at that point anyway. But that missed call was the difference between the 49ers having to return the free kick for a touchdown or getting a return and a hail mary with the time left.

This was the ridiculous 4th down no-call of the game in my opinion.

#33 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

"Fans" are always whining about the refs "not letting them play"

Can't have it both ways gents

#34 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

first off- it was a bad pass anyway

second- the 9ers are just as much to blame for 4 bad plays in the 10

third- Crabtree wasn't exactly keeping his hands to himself

fourth- Jim Harbaugh is intolerably 'brat'-ty, I can't stand that guy and am honestly glad he isn't our coach

#35 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

A question like this can only be fairly asked before a replay is shown. Try making a call at ref speed, not super-slo-mo-seen-it-25-times speed.

#36 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

The no-call that I still can't believe no one is talking about was on the Punter Safety. When the announcers were saying, "Strange the 49ers are letting him run around back there," I was screaming in the bar, "That's because they're being held!" And on the replay you could clearly see, a 49er after the punter being held in a full on bear hug from behind by a Raven. Here is the video:
Posted Image

That was easily the most flagrant hold I've ever seen in any NFL game. I mean a fuggin' bear hug? Right in the middle of where the action was taking place. This wasn't on the opposite sideline, it was next to the ball carrier. Still, no call.

I guess no one cares because it was a million to one shot the 49ers could pull it out at that point anyway. But that missed call was the difference between the 49ers having to return the free kick for a touchdown or getting a return and a hail mary with the time left.

This was the ridiculous 4th down no-call of the game in my opinion.

Its a no call because either way its a safety.

Flag for Holding in the End Zone = Safety
No Flag and he is tackled in the End Zone = Safety.
No Flag and he steps out = Safety.

Holding doesn't stop the play so its a worthless flag.