Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After watching the Super Bowl, what position do we need to have most to win?

95 posts in this topic

Posted

^That, but throw in a CB for good measure, assuming Gamble is cut.

Posted

Pretty obvious that it is WR. Could see OL as an argument for a bigger need, but based on the queston WR.

Posted

^That, but throw in a CB for good measure, assuming Gamble is cut.

yeah, that too.

Posted

We just need more balance/quality overall. You can't have glaring holes on your team and expect to make a run at the Super Bowl. Quality teams will always expose your greatest weakness. The secondary and interior D-line have to be upgraded. I think we could make less drastic changes to the O-line and still survive for one more season, but that is an area that needs attention. Of course WR continues to be an area of need on an perennial basis.

Posted

if its a passing league on offense its all about QB, OL, and WR if you talking defense its Pass rush, CB, and FS in that order.

Posted

or my personal favorite Jonathan Hawkins DT from Ohio State 6'3" 335.

So he is your favorite....yet you don't know his name is Hankins (not Hawkins). LOL

Just kidding.....you are one of my favorite posters on here and I just had to give you poo about this.

Posted

So he is your favorite....yet you don't know his name is Hankins (not Hawkins). LOL

Just kidding.....you are one of my favorite posters on here and I just had to give you poo about this.

That's OK. I can barely remember the names of my kids.

Posted

What I got from the game is the trenches were the reason those 2 teams were there.

BMore Oline giving Flacco time to look down field. The 9ers oline pushing that run game.

Losing Naga hurting the Ravens. And the a 9ers dline stopping the Ravens run game so the couldn't kill the clock on drives in the 2nd half.

Posted

O-Line and D-Line

Ngata going down almost lost the game for the Ravens, that is what you call importance.

With a solid O Line (hopefully) Can can have a little more faith, and get his footwork down pat.

Different scheme but think if Justin Smith was completely healthy....how much more duress would Flacco been under from the other Smith brother?

Posted

Either of the lines or safety.

Posted

every one saying OL and DL but pass catchers where brought in early as well. Vernon Davis, Randy Moss, Crabtree, AJ Jenkins,Ted Ginn are all former 1st rounders while Boldin, Smith are 2nd rounders.

Posted

every one saying OL and DL but pass catchers where brought in early as well. Vernon Davis, Randy Moss, Crabtree, AJ Jenkins,Ted Ginn are all former 1st rounders while Boldin, Smith are 2nd rounders.

And what did Moss, Jenkins, Ginn, do exactly?