#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,723 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I agree with you Blue....that the read option should remain a part of our offense.

A QB who can beat you with him arm and legs is a valuable weapon....keeps the defense guessing.

It is another dimension that a team has to prepare for and be ready for, no matter how many times a game you run it.

We have great RB's....we have good WR's (I do want one more weapon at WR...whether from draft or FA)...we have a QB with a cannon for an arm and who can rip off 40 yard runs.

Mix in the Power Run Game....Read Option....Pistol....Play Action...etc and this offense could be very dangerous.

#17 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

that Jim Harbaugh acts like a whinney bitch on the sidelines and complains too much.

ps.........leopards don't change their spots.

#18 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

You still can't win one without a QB.

#19 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

That Jim Harbaugh is a bratty little brother.

A total puss.

I hope John Harbaugh gave him noogies when they were growing up.

#20 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

That for all the talk of the NFL being a "passing league," at the end of the day, you can't win a Super Bowl with a dime-a-dozen running back.

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

It was a demonstration, once again, that you can no longer hope to win in this league with just a dominant defense. Even great defenses are routinely getting 30 points put up against them.

We need to do all we can to make our offense as potent as possible, and rely on Rivera's and McDermott's defensive schemes to keep us at least middle of the pack.

#22 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I learned that when two teams with different schemes meet in the SuperBowl and the game is close, everyone can give credence to their lame-ass theories.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

It was a demonstration, once again, that you can no longer hope to win in this league with just a dominant defense. Even great defenses are routinely getting 30 points put up against them.

We need to do all we can to make our offense as potent as possible, and rely on Rivera's and McDermott's defensive schemes to keep us at least middle of the pack.

this 100%.

#24 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

I learned that the 3-4 defense is not as dominant as it once was and that the Niners apparently don't know how to fake a snap. Ravens were bringing the heat timed everytime it seemed. Also, Bernard Pierce (sp) the Ray Rice's back up is a damn solid back

#25 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,008 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Jerome Boger is a shitty head ref, even by replacement ref standards

We did not really learn this though, it has been known for some time.

#26 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

I agree with you Blue....that the read option should remain a part of our offense.

A QB who can beat you with him arm and legs is a valuable weapon....keeps the defense guessing.

It is another dimension that a team has to prepare for and be ready for, no matter how many times a game you run it.

We have great RB's....we have good WR's (I do want one more weapon at WR...whether from draft or FA)...we have a QB with a cannon for an arm and who can rip off 40 yard runs.

Mix in the Power Run Game....Read Option....Pistol....Play Action...etc and this offense could be very dangerous.

Every time I hear words like that I get excited then I think of Rivera I get depressed. I think of the time when he took a knee with 47 second on the clock and the time he did not attempt a 50 yard field goal and instead attempt a hail mary. Playoff games are normally close, bad or scared coaching are normally the detriment to a team. The broncos can tell you all about it. Damn! Seems like the panthers have a track record in hiring those types of coaches. Oh well! At least Cam got swag.

#27 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,273 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Spot on.

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,384 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Agree, though the way the league has set up the rules it's extremely difficult to have the kind of dominant defense that teams used to be able to build.

Honestly, I think the they've made it harder to judge the quality of quarterbacks. Under the current setup, even a quarterback who's not what you'd consider great (Ryan, for example) can put up big points and look better than they really are.

#29 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

The Niners offense was extremely "stoppable" in the first half. They only got effective after the Baltimore defense started showing it's age.

But heck, even then the Ravens still held them out of the end zone on four plays with five yards to go. "Unstoppable" offenses don't get shut out five yards from paydirt.

Our offense is by no means "unstoppable", but you put Cam in that situation and its a guaranteed touchdown. 4 plays... 5 yards - right up the gut with our tank of a quarterback.

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,384 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Our offense is by no means "unstoppable", but you put Cam in that situation and its a guaranteed touchdown. 4 plays... 5 yards - right up the gut with our tank of a quarterback.

You know that is one big question I'd have for Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman today.

Given that the Ravens were consistently blowing contain on the left side, why wouldn't you run Kaepernick on a delay to that side?

Granted, the Ravens might have been ready for that, but I gotta think it was worth a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com