#1 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

At Haltime Bill Cower said that he would put Alex "Check Down" Smith in so they can maximize the amount of snaps in the game. Only Marino looked at him like an idiot and said "Smith has not played for 11 weeks..there is no reason to think he would be an improvement!" well said Dan.

If anyone thought Cower would be an improvent of the mediorcre coaching success the Panthers have experienced and not just another Seifert then you are mistaken.

Guys here forget that Cower missed a few playoff games with the Steelers..he missed the playoffs 5 times the last 9 seasons..

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,705 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

I laughed when he said that. What a stupid idea.

#3 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

why haven't we (or 31 other teams) handed cowher a blank check yet

#4 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

At Haltime Bill Cower said that he would put Alex "Check Down" Smith in so they can maximize the amount of snaps in the game. Only Marino looked at him like an idiot and said "Smith has not played for 11 weeks..there is no reason to think he would be an improvement!" well said Dan.

If anyone though Cower would be an improvent of the mediorcre coaching success the Panthers have experienced and not just another Seifert then you are mistaken.

Guys here forget that Cower missed the playoffs quite a bit with the Steelers.

Yeah that statement showed that he is out of touch with todays game. Imagine if he was our coach and replaced Cam with Anderson. Can you say Huddle implosions.

#5 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Not a Cowher fan but tbh he did say "Putting it out there as food for thought". He didn't say he would do it, just putting out what a lot of people were thinking.

#6 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Yeah that statement showed that he is out of touch with todays game. Imagine if he was our coach and replaced Cam with Anderson. Can you say Huddle implosions.

hey now, there were a few people on this board who lobbied for anderson to start around midseason and at least one guy who wanted us to bench cam the last few weeks to "see what derek has".

#7 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Not a Cowher fan but tbh he did say "Putting it out there as food for thought". He didn't say he would do it, just putting out what a lot of people were thinking.

He qualified it after Mario scoffed his remark..if you make the statement..you would consider it.

And no one was thinking Alex Smith was the guy to bring them back..David Carr fans maybe?

#8 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

He qualified it after Mario scoffed his remark..if you make the statement..you would consider it.

And no one was thinking Alex Smith was the guy to bring them back..David Carr fans maybe?

CK wasn't exactly lighting it up and the time he brought this up. Saying you are thinking about it, isn't the same thing as saying you would do it. Are you saying that even briefly the thought didn't at least cross Harbaugh's mind?

#9 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

CK wasn't exactly lighting it up and the time he brought this up. Saying you are thinking about it, isn't the same thing as saying you would do it. Are you saying that even briefly the thought didn't at least cross Harbaugh's mind?

If he benched CK in the Super Bowl when he was not at his sharpest for Alex Smith who is capped physically, it would be the closing of the 49ers window..in the game and the franchise future.

You stick with the QB who has won big games including the NFC championship game that they were down in. CK is a dynamic player and can put points up in bunches which he did.

We are not talking about a Delhomme after the 3rd int-fumble..against zona...thats when you hit the bench immediately.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

but he yells and spits a lot so that makes up for it, right?

#11 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

If he benched CK in the Super Bowl when he was not at his sharpest for Alex Smith who is capped physically, it would be the closing of the 49ers window..in the game and the franchise future.

You stick with the QB who has won big games including the NFC championship game that they were down in. CK is a dynamic player and can put points up in bunches which he did.

We are not talking about a Delhomme after the 3rd int-fumble..against zona...thats when you hit the bench immediately.

Hmm.. how to put this. No one is saying CK should have been benched. Have you ever had a thought, and was like ... "Nah that's a bad idea"? As a studio analyst you bring up stuff like that even if probably no coach would have done it. Alex Smith wasn't playing horrible before the injury.

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,147 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Guys here forget that Cower missed a few playoff games with the Steelers..he missed the playoffs 5 times the last 9 seasons..

Making the playoffs every other year is hardly a criticism. If I told you Rivera would average a playoff appearance every 2 years would you take it?

But you really have to do mental gymnastics to use this stat.

He made the playoffs 4 out of the last 6 and 10 out of 15 overall including 6 years in a row. He was one of the best coaches in history and a future hall of famer.

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I agree and I was talking to someone and said, this proves he shouldn't be a head coach at this point in this league.

#14 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I was on twitter some during game and at halftime you lots of tweets for Alex Smith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com