Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jase

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

126 posts in this topic

http://www.irs.gov/B...oyed/Estate-Tax

Yet another reason no one pays attention to what you have to say. I noticed you didn't have the balls to post your info. Good job there

oh wow it's a tax on the transfer of property? huh that's interesting. oh and there's a multimillion dollar exemption? wow it's almost as if the government doesn't tax people when they die because it's literally impossible for a dead person to pay taxes!

still not sure where I'm going to be in the end...

MFJ

25%ish is where I expect to be.

25%? Is that your tax rate, or your tax bracket? Thats a very high effective tax rate.

25%? Is that your tax rate, or your tax bracket? Thats a very high effective tax rate.

yes it is. my wife and i had a very good year but my taxes are a complete clusterf*ck given that we're both freelance... I'm in the 33% bracket. I'll update once my accountant gets a crack at the insanity.

1) S

2) 0

3) 16.9%

And Mitt pays 14% after it has already been taxed. Just like we pay additional taxes after we die, when we buy product off the shelf, as a service, etc. If people knew what we actually paid in taxes, there would be outright riots in the streets. It is one of the main reasons I am for the Fair Tax.

Good lord! H & R Block?

* With holdings aint ya tax rate. Got to look at Gross income and taxes paid on the 1040.

* With holdings aint ya tax rate. Got to look at Gross income and taxes paid on the 1040.

After ObamaCare my tax rate is now higher. Currently 1 of every $4 I make goes to the govmt. I guess I'm just not paying my fair share though.

And if you were born in Angola you'd be an amputee working in a diamond mine. Pay your 25% and stfu

If you were born in Kenya, you'd be POTUS telling everyone what your fair share is.

So the president sets the tax rate?

1 person likes this

MFJ (although these numbers are just my own. Haven't looked at my wife's W2 yet)

0 Dependents

24% (with-holdings / total income)