Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Havent done this year's yet but for 2012

S

Effective federal rate: 16.2%

I made about 25% more this year, though (but have 8 months of mortgage interest to claim now). We'll see

Posted

Mines based mostly off being a sales manager at a large dealership.... Jan-nov.

Made 123k Gross....

27% tax rate.

Bet you are dividing the tax by taxable income...not gross income. Because if you are paying 27% of your gross pay in just Federal taxes, you are likely doing something wrong.

Posted

Bet you are dividing the tax by taxable income...not gross income. Because if you are paying 27% of your gross pay in just Federal taxes, you are likely doing something wrong.

That was a turbo tax preview, and I do believe I entered something wrong somewhere along the way between a couple of 1099 forms I have and several hundred work related deductions...

(I keep track of everything from gas to cell phone bills that are work related).

Posted

That was a turbo tax preview, and I do believe I entered something wrong somewhere along the way between a couple of 1099 forms I have and several hundred work related deductions...

(I keep track of everything from gas to cell phone bills that are work related).

I was not insulting you...hope it did not come across that way.

I would just review everything again because the rate seems excessively high.

Posted

I was not insulting you...hope it did not come across that way.

I would just review everything again because the rate seems excessively high.

I didn't take it that way, I hadn't done my taxes yet when I saw this thread I definitely had a typo when I did it....

Effectively it will be around 17-18% this is as a single man, (engaged but not yet married as of 2012).

Posted

I didn't take it that way, I hadn't done my taxes yet when I saw this thread I definitely had a typo when I did it....

Effectively it will be around 17-18% this is as a single man, (engaged but not yet married as of 2012).

Sounds about right.

Posted

I notice a distinct lack of certain people posting their information to this thread. Again, expected

Posted

Sorry, I was raised in a South where it wasn't polite conversation to talk publically about what you make.

I make more than some, less than others. I get deductions for charitable donations and use things like 401k's and HSA's. If you want to know more than that you can marry me or offer to do my taxes.

Posted

and you can tell us about your binders full of women

Posted

If you want to know more than that you can marry me or offer to do my taxes.

Done and done.

Posted

Mine will probably change. Apparently I did a Tim Geithner on my 2011 return. I got a letter from the IRS saying I owe $1500. I probably made the same mistake this year...

Posted

Looks like I will be around the 20% this year, years past it was more.

I wonder what that number looks like if you factor in every tax that we pay?

That's the big question.