Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

126 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1366229185' post='2197422']
I'll go ahead and remind everyone one final time of how this thread is lacking in quite a number of sanctimonious asshats that are quick to demand sacrifice on everyone else's part. I am guessing this whole notion of "fair share" doesn't apply to them
[/quote]
[quote name='Jase' timestamp='1366231165' post='2197447']
I am P disappointed that we didn't get as many answers as I had hoped.
[/quote]
This thread just like that a/s/l thread feels to me to be a premise to try to get ad hominem ammunition on people. I didn't read any of it or post in it because I think people's dumbass ideas should stand on merit and not "my opinion counts more because I pay more taxes."

I personally don't pay [i]any[/i] taxes, because I'm a corporation. That should be irrelevant.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lol birchers and embarrassed republicans (see: libertarians) crying about the "death tax" and "double taxation" and other made up things while, as rodeo noted, fishing for ad hominem ammo and of course some genius pins it at the top of the board like there's some kind of enlightening thing going on in here

i mean is the tinderbox automatically redirecting to free republic now or what

Posted · Report post

btw here's a good writeup on the estate tax, debunking such lolworthy myths as "it's a death tax!" and "it's double taxation!": [url="http://www.cbpp.org/files/estatetaxmyths.pdf"]http://www.cbpp.org/...atetaxmyths.pdf[/url]

check it out dudes so next time you don't basically admit to being republican shills and/or total fuging morons. now i'll warn you, it's 7 pages of reading rather than listening and there aren't any ads peddling gold or reverse mortgages so you may find yourselves out of your comfort zone but if you try really hard you just might be able to do it

Posted · Report post

Ad hominem implies irrelevance. How is it irrelevant to question "fairness" in a forum like this?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rodeo' timestamp='1366439529' post='2200556']
This thread just like that a/s/l thread feels to me to be a premise to try to get ad hominem ammunition on people. I didn't read any of it or post in it because I think people's dumbass ideas should stand on merit and not "my opinion counts more because I pay more taxes."

I personally don't pay [i]any[/i] taxes, because I'm a corporation. That should be irrelevant.
[/quote]
[quote name='gospodin shuttlesworth' timestamp='1366441781' post='2200569']
lol birchers and embarrassed republicans (see: libertarians) crying about the "death tax" and "double taxation" and other made up things while, as rodeo noted, fishing for ad hominem ammo and of course some genius pins it at the top of the board like there's some kind of enlightening thing going on in here

i mean is the tinderbox automatically redirecting to free republic now or what
[/quote]

except I only paid 5% taxes and I admitted it as the thread starter, which completely shoots a hole in your appraisal of this thread, as I paid among the least.

I'm P disappointed, I expected you guys to bring something less pathetic to the thread.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase' timestamp='1366470935' post='2200728']
except I only paid 5% taxes and I admitted it as the thread starter, which completely shoots a hole in your appraisal of this thread, as I paid among the least.

I'm P disappointed, I expected you guys to bring something less pathetic to the thread.
[/quote]

We know why they don't post in here with facts, they do as well.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]
The intent behind you starting it has no bearing on whether it will be used for ad hominem purposes.
[quote name='thefuzz' timestamp='1366482983' post='2200836']

We know why they don't post in here with facts, they do as well.
[/quote]
See?

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

this thread is pathetic. there's nothing to be gained from it other than, as rodeo has repeated, ammunition for ad hominem attacks. thank you for pinning your stupid poo at the top of the forum. maybe you should pin that asl thread too

e: btw your tax rate is p low and if i've learned anything from you republicans, it's that a low tax rate means you don't really have the right to talk about tax rates so i look forward to never having to hear your opinions on marginal rates ever again

Posted · Report post

Rationalization on full display, folks

Posted · Report post

you haven't made a single coherent point in this thread or tbqh on this forum so idk what you think we're attempting to rationalize here

anyway if you decide that you want to stop having really dumb opinions on the marginal rates and the tax burden in general here's a helpful link: http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3505

otoh, if you would like to keep embarrassing yourself then by all means continue to repeat talk radio cry-fests verbatim

Posted · Report post

Hey... it's pretty clear that you want OTHER people to pay for YOUR fair share.... no biggie. You're a progressive, so it's all good

Posted · Report post

[quote name='twylyght' timestamp='1366548249' post='2201370']
Hey... it's pretty clear that you want OTHER people to pay for YOUR fair share.... no biggie. You're a progressive, so it's all good
[/quote]

I pay a 75% tax rate. Start paying your own share you lazy bum