Photo
- - - - -

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#91 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,184 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

oh no he busted out the mother's basement line

it's on now people

#92 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

Sorry, not married. And I don't talk down to others who are or are not married.

I also rarely bring her up in this or any other forum.

how often have i brought up the individual tax rates of carolina huddle dot com posters?

post nudes of your girlfriend or we're only left to assume that she's hideous

sorry but these are apparently the rules

also i wouldn't last long as a liberal professor's TA because while liberals aren't as high on my shitlist as republicans and libertarians (of course these are basically the same thing), they're a close 3rd

furthermore

I don't want ammo or to personally attack him

and, from the same fuging post:

GS constantly bashes anyone who does not share his beliefs. He wants others to foot the bill for his underachieving ass.

Is he a lifelong college student....that would explain things. Is he a TA for a super liberal political science teacher....that would explain things.

Does he live in his basement and let his mother pay for the internet because he can't find a job in this big bad World because of his snarky attitude...that would explain things.

what is it like being so fuging stupid that you can't get out of your own way? also, don't you run a operate a restaurant for a living? in what world is that an achievement?

#93 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

GS still raging about someone questioning his stance on demanding more from someone else when he provides nothing himself.

Charity is giving your own personal belongings... not someone else's. Giving away someone else's belongings on your own behalf is thievery disguised by hypocrisy

#94 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,115 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

The point of this thread, if anyone cares, is

a) to get you to figure out your rate, even if you don't post it, to get you to realize you probably don't pay as much taxes as you think you do, and
b)if you want to look to somebody to start paying more federal taxes, you probably should start by looking in the mirror.

Those promoting their pet issues aside.

#95 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

and if we pay a higher rate???

#96 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,814 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

you seem to pay a lot of taxes and a lot of tips.

Congrats?

#97 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

how often have i brought up the individual tax rates of carolina huddle dot com posters?

post nudes of your girlfriend or we're only left to assume that she's hideous

sorry but these are apparently the rules

also i wouldn't last long as a liberal professor's TA because while liberals aren't as high on my shitlist as republicans and libertarians (of course these are basically the same thing), they're a close 3rd

furthermore

and, from the same fuging post:

what is it like being so fuging stupid that you can't get out of your own way? also, don't you run a operate a restaurant for a living? in what world is that an achievement?

Nope sure don't. But a great guess. I have partially owned a restaurant in the past, but it interfered with my real job, so I closed it down after 3.5 years.

Sorry about calling you underachieving, that was uncalled for. I just have an assumption about it, but should not have said it.

#98 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,115 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Higher rate than what? You thought you paid?

#99 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

No,

I'm commenting on the fact that some people here think that those who want more social programs and wealth more equitably distributed do not contribute a "fair" share of their income in taxes.

#100 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

No,

I'm commenting on the fact that some people here think that those who want more social programs and wealth more equitably distributed do not contribute a "fair" share of their income in taxes.

It's true.

But I cheat on my taxes to avoid paying so I can't complain.

#101 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

The point of this thread, if anyone cares, is

a) to get you to figure out your rate, even if you don't post it, to get you to realize you probably don't pay as much taxes as you think you do, and
b)if you want to look to somebody to start paying more federal taxes, you probably should start by looking in the mirror.

Those promoting their pet issues aside.

I thought it was in response to the comments made about Romney's tax rate during the election, and how many people don't understand the difference between tax bracket and effective tax rate. Which is similar to point a I guess.

Some people just see an ulterior motive behind most comments in the tinderbox. Which is understandable to an extent.

#102 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

it isn't hard to see an ulterior motive when some posters are going, "HMM, I see that some people aren't posting their tax information. I wonder why, hah hah hah!"

#103 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

You think Jase had an ulterior motive in starting this thread? I don't think that is true, although some others might have tried to use it for the purpose you mentioned. But if we eliminated all threads that turned in an unintended way, half the threads in the tinderbox would be gone. And all that would be left would be threads that were blatant attempts to launch attacks on the other side. Well that and conspiracy theory threads.

#104 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

it isn't hard to see an ulterior motive when some posters are going, "HMM, I see that some people aren't posting their tax information. I wonder why, hah hah hah!"

So the question is invalid if it points out your hypocrisy.... got it.

#105 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

i'm honestly starting to wonder if twylyght knows what the word hypocrisy means

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com