Photo
- - - - -

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Speaking of which... shouldn't you be scolding the rest of us for not paying 75%?

who here thinks you should be paying 75%?

#122 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

The imaginary liberals in his head. It's always easy to argue and win against them.

#123 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

who here thinks you should be paying 75%?

Thank you for not reading.... again

http://www.carolinah...75#entry2201449

As a serious aside: you'd be stunned at what you actually end up paying to the government when it is all said and done.

#124 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

I think you need to take a step away from your computer if you took that comment seriously.

#125 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,390 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

I don't remember the specific ones I've read about, it's been too long. Whatever the loops are that let companies ie: GE make billions in profit and pay 0 in taxes. Also I don't think the gov't local or fed should be able to give incentives (tax breaks) to businesses to bring their companies to their community.

I agree on the incentives, it needs to stop.

As for the corporate vs. "rich" that is what I have always had an issue with.

High income earners that are not LLC's and such are getting taxed to death already...as am I and I am certainly not "high income". And I'm not really sure what the loop holes are for normal employees that are "rich". It seems like politician talk to get jealousy votes.

I don't want taxes raised on anyone, I would prefer them lowered across the board, with immediate cuts in federal spending....but I live in a dreamland, I know that the American public as a whole could not tolerate the changes.

#126 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,631 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

I don't remember the specific ones I've read about, it's been too long. Whatever the loops are that let companies ie: GE make billions in profit and pay 0 in taxes. Also I don't think the gov't local or fed should be able to give incentives (tax breaks) to businesses to bring their companies to their community.

Those corporate loopholes relate to overseas money (which shouldn't be taxed in the US) and loss carryforwards. The double Irish arrangemnet basically uses the tax laws of other countries to minimize tax and doesn't have much to do with tax law.

GE probably lost oodles in the market crash and gets a tax benefit in later years which is why people think they got a refund while making a profit.

The only real tax loophole for the rich is the capital gains and dividend tax rates. That is why Buffet and Romney keep their tax rates between 10 and 15%. Yes there are lots of little loopholes and if you own a business there are some offshore things you can do, but its the lower rate that drives rich tax avoidance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com