Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Jim Harbaugh Was Exposed

88 posts in this topic

looks like someone is suffering from a super bowl hangover

Ooh, your gobs of insightful research are so compelling. I guess George Siefert, Mike Ditka, and Mike Shanahan are brilliant coaches as well.

Well I could have written a whole page report on why he is a good coach to counter your essay about why it sucks that Harbaugh dumped you you think he is a bad coach, but its pretty silly when everyone knows he is a quality coach

I think you are a really good poster FP but I think you are a little off base on this one.

I don't think he was "woefully unprepared" for this game. The 49ers only scored 6 points in the first half but they also only punted only once, on the first drive. Turnovers and the inability to get TDs in the redzone, (thus IMO the players on the field) killed them in the first half, not the coaching.

I'm sorry, but one of the attributes most associated with Harbaugh is that he gets his players to execute well. You can't use that as an item of praise and then ignore it when they fail to execute.

But I wanted to get to this point in particular:

I think this is a big misconception of what the read option is by many on this board and what it is designed to do. The read option isn't designed so that the QB can run the ball. If the DE or outside LB want to take away the QB they can do it pretty easily by just staying outside and keep outside containment, then the QB has to give it to the RB. But when they do that they are taking a DE or LB out of the play to account for the QB giving the RB a free lane to the second line (assuming a DT or middle LB doesn't beat his blocker). So the point isn't to get the QB carries per se.

So the point of the read option is that the QB is a threat to carry the ball, therefore the defense has to account for him, and thus they lose their numbers advantage on defense. It is really hard if the O-line wins there assignments for the RB not to get at least 5-7 yards if the defense is taking a DE or LB out of the play to defend the QB.

So it wasn't a matter of the read option and coaching that Kap didn't have more carries, the defense was staying with Kap forcing him to hand it off instead of keep it.

That's only on runs towards the middle of the line, if they run the read option play to the outside the quarterback can easily keep it if a back chips the DE. We did it with Greg Olsen against Atlanta where Cam ran for 72 yards. They limited themselves to Kaepernick never keeping it because they only called one type of read option play.

Argh!!! I swear if you guys won't stop focusing on Harbaugh's entire body of incredibly successful work and start focusing on those few plays I cherry picked out of last nights game then I'll keep making utterly stupid threads until you get it! I'm right you're wrong brah!!

Please, please, please mods. For the love of God, ban me if i ever start making threads that humiliate me in this manner. This has got to be one of the worst posts I've read on here in quite some time. Entire concept of it is almost laughable, except it's not... It's just sad.

1 person likes this

Well I could have written a whole page report on why he is a good coach to counter your essay about why it sucks that Harbaugh dumped you you think he is a bad coach, but its pretty silly when everyone knows he is a quality coach

No, you couldn't. All you can write are prissy putdowns because you wouldn't know what good or bad coaching looked like if you saw it. Everyone may think he's a great coach, and everyone may be wrong, because everyone may be too goddamn lazy and ignorant to know otherwise.

Argh!!! I swear if you guys won't stop focusing on Harbaugh's entire body of incredibly successful work and start focusing on those few plays I cherry picked out of last nights game then I'll keep making utterly stupid threads until you get it! I'm right you're wrong brah!!

Please, please, please mods. For the love of God, ban me I I ever start making threads that humiliate me in this manner. This has got to be one of the worst posts I've read on here in quite some. Entire concept of it is almost laughable, except it's not... It's just sad.

What body of work? For the last goddamn time, he's working with an obscene amount of talent. This game shouldn't have even been close. Goddamnit I wish people would just think beyond what the media tells them for once.

God, do you read your posts before you post them? You sound like such a butt hurt bitter hater and its sad. The dude deserves loads amount of credit for turning the franchise around. If lamichael James didn't fumble and they score it was a completely different game. They also had a young qb with 10 career starts starting on the biggest stage in his sport. There is going to be jitters. You can in no one put that one the coach. As for the last goal line series you are discrediting the ravens defense. They forced the niners to throw the ball cause the showed blitz and sent more guys so the run option was taken away. They forced the throws. So your where was Jim's genius point is moot due to the fact you aren't accounting all the facts

I'm sorry, but one of the attributes most associated with Harbaugh is that he gets his players to execute well. You can't use that as an item of praise and then ignore it when they fail to execute.

That's only on runs towards the middle of the line, if they run the read option play to the outside the quarterback can easily keep it if a back chips the DE. We did it with Greg Olsen against Atlanta where Cam ran for 72 yards. They limited themselves to Kaepernick never keeping it because they only called one type of read option play.

The concept is still the same. If you run a sweep option the DE is still going to stay with the QB and the QB is still going to give it to the RB. If the DE breaks on the RB to the outside, the QB keeps it and runs up the middle. But if the Raven's coaches has told their outside guys to stay with the QB, they are going to do it no matter which way you run the option. And as an offense that is fine because they are taking a first level guy out of the play.

If I remember correctly Cam's 72 yard TD was to the outside on the weak side and Olsen was the lead blocker to that side if Cam kept it and Olsen blocked the outside guy, not the unblocked guy that Cam was reading as his key.

God, do you read your posts before you post them? You sound like such a butt hurt bitter hater and its sad. The dude deserves loads amount of credit for turning the franchise around. If lamichael James didn't fumble and they score it was a completely different game. They also had a young qb with 10 career starts starting on the biggest stage in his sport. There is going to be jitters. You can in no one put that one the coach. As for the last goal line series you are discrediting the ravens defense. They forced the niners to throw the ball cause the showed blitz and sent more guys so the run option was taken away. They forced the throws. So your where was Jim's genius point is moot due to the fact you aren't accounting all the facts

The 49ers were not abysmal before Harbaugh, just working under the worst coach of modern times in Mike Singletary. Mere competence would have turned them around. They were 6-10, the same record we were last year when people were picking us as a chic playoff team this year.

And Harbaugh put that 10 start quarterback into the biggest game of his career. And as for the goal line stand, a blitz is the perfect time to run a QB keeper: if the blocks catch their man and seal the edge he's scot free for the endzone.

I think "exposed" is a tad strong. I did come away with the feeling that of the two, John is the better pro coach/ Though to be fair, John has more experience and Jim's accomplished an awful lot in a short time.

Realistically though, even the best coaches make mistakes, and even the best teams sometimes execute poorly.

Case in point: While early on the Ravens defense had pretty good gap discipline and contain, I noticed that a few times in the first half they overran rushing the left side of the line and gave Kaepernick a wide open space to run. He didn't take advantage of it every time but could have (inexperience).

By mid to late in the second half, the Ravens defensive guys were leaving that left side open almost every single time. And Kaepernick was finally starting to exploit it. The touchdown run came off exactly such a play. My guess? The older guys on the defense got tired, and when you get tired you get sloppy.

Bottom Line: There are a million things that need to go right to win a football game, especially a Super Bowl, and a million things that can go wrong at any time. Rarely is one aspect of the game (coaching, scheme, execution, etc) solely responsible for a loss.

Next, he'll be complaining about Kaepernick calling an audible on the goal line....

When will the huddle learn you can't fix stupid?