• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Argh!!! I swear if you guys won't stop focusing on Harbaugh's entire body of incredibly successful work and start focusing on those few plays I cherry picked out of last nights game then I'll keep making utterly stupid threads until you get it! I'm right you're wrong brah!!

Please, please, please mods. For the love of God, ban me I I ever start making threads that humiliate me in this manner. This has got to be one of the worst posts I've read on here in quite some. Entire concept of it is almost laughable, except it's not... It's just sad.

What body of work? For the last goddamn time, he's working with an obscene amount of talent. This game shouldn't have even been close. Goddamnit I wish people would just think beyond what the media tells them for once.

#32 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

God, do you read your posts before you post them? You sound like such a butt hurt bitter hater and its sad. The dude deserves loads amount of credit for turning the franchise around. If lamichael James didn't fumble and they score it was a completely different game. They also had a young qb with 10 career starts starting on the biggest stage in his sport. There is going to be jitters. You can in no one put that one the coach. As for the last goal line series you are discrediting the ravens defense. They forced the niners to throw the ball cause the showed blitz and sent more guys so the run option was taken away. They forced the throws. So your where was Jim's genius point is moot due to the fact you aren't accounting all the facts

#33 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm sorry, but one of the attributes most associated with Harbaugh is that he gets his players to execute well. You can't use that as an item of praise and then ignore it when they fail to execute.

That's only on runs towards the middle of the line, if they run the read option play to the outside the quarterback can easily keep it if a back chips the DE. We did it with Greg Olsen against Atlanta where Cam ran for 72 yards. They limited themselves to Kaepernick never keeping it because they only called one type of read option play.

The concept is still the same. If you run a sweep option the DE is still going to stay with the QB and the QB is still going to give it to the RB. If the DE breaks on the RB to the outside, the QB keeps it and runs up the middle. But if the Raven's coaches has told their outside guys to stay with the QB, they are going to do it no matter which way you run the option. And as an offense that is fine because they are taking a first level guy out of the play.

If I remember correctly Cam's 72 yard TD was to the outside on the weak side and Olsen was the lead blocker to that side if Cam kept it and Olsen blocked the outside guy, not the unblocked guy that Cam was reading as his key.

#34 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

God, do you read your posts before you post them? You sound like such a butt hurt bitter hater and its sad. The dude deserves loads amount of credit for turning the franchise around. If lamichael James didn't fumble and they score it was a completely different game. They also had a young qb with 10 career starts starting on the biggest stage in his sport. There is going to be jitters. You can in no one put that one the coach. As for the last goal line series you are discrediting the ravens defense. They forced the niners to throw the ball cause the showed blitz and sent more guys so the run option was taken away. They forced the throws. So your where was Jim's genius point is moot due to the fact you aren't accounting all the facts

The 49ers were not abysmal before Harbaugh, just working under the worst coach of modern times in Mike Singletary. Mere competence would have turned them around. They were 6-10, the same record we were last year when people were picking us as a chic playoff team this year.

And Harbaugh put that 10 start quarterback into the biggest game of his career. And as for the goal line stand, a blitz is the perfect time to run a QB keeper: if the blocks catch their man and seal the edge he's scot free for the endzone.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think "exposed" is a tad strong. I did come away with the feeling that of the two, John is the better pro coach/ Though to be fair, John has more experience and Jim's accomplished an awful lot in a short time.

Realistically though, even the best coaches make mistakes, and even the best teams sometimes execute poorly.

Case in point: While early on the Ravens defense had pretty good gap discipline and contain, I noticed that a few times in the first half they overran rushing the left side of the line and gave Kaepernick a wide open space to run. He didn't take advantage of it every time but could have (inexperience).

By mid to late in the second half, the Ravens defensive guys were leaving that left side open almost every single time. And Kaepernick was finally starting to exploit it. The touchdown run came off exactly such a play. My guess? The older guys on the defense got tired, and when you get tired you get sloppy.

Bottom Line: There are a million things that need to go right to win a football game, especially a Super Bowl, and a million things that can go wrong at any time. Rarely is one aspect of the game (coaching, scheme, execution, etc) solely responsible for a loss.

#36 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Next, he'll be complaining about Kaepernick calling an audible on the goal line....

When will the huddle learn you can't fix stupid?

#37 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

The concept is still the same. If you run a sweep option the DE is still going to stay with the QB and the QB is still going to give it to the RB. If the DE breaks on the RB to the outside, the QB keeps it and runs up the middle. But if the Raven's coaches has told their outside guys to stay with the QB, they are going to do it no matter which way you run the option. And as an offense that is fine because they are taking a first level guy out of the play.

If I remember correctly Cam's 72 yard TD was to the outside on the weak side and Olsen was the lead blocker to that side if Cam kept it and Olsen blocked the outside guy, not the unblocked guy that Cam was reading as his key.

You're right, I'm thinking of a different play, because Kroy Beirman crashed down on DeAngelo on that run. Either way, you can still give the QB designed runs, just run the RB at the DE as a lead blocker after faking the handoff. My point is that at no point did they put Kaepernick in space as a runner.

#38 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

The 49ers were not abysmal before Harbaugh, just working under the worst coach of modern times in Mike Singletary. Mere competence would have turned them around. They were 6-10, the same record we were last year when people were picking us as a chic playoff team this year.

And Harbaugh put that 10 start quarterback into the biggest game of his career. And as for the goal line stand, a blitz is the perfect time to run a QB keeper: if the blocks catch their man and seal the edge he's scot free for the endzone.

They were sending more guys then there were guys to block them. The qb sneak wouldn't have worked and a run wouldn't either. And so by the same logic Rivera is a super shitty coach cause we were 6-10 like the 49ers coached by the worst coach ever. Your poo doesn't add up. You are so blinded by your hate and so fixed into not being wrong you are making you self seem really dumb. Especially getting so butt hurt at anyone who doesn't want to agree with you.

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Same game as the other 3. 49ers were in holes in EVERY playoff game. Did everyone forget? The difference was that the Baltimore Ravens are a better team than the Seahawks i mean Packers and Falcons.

That combined with the fact that theres only so many times you can dig yourself out of a hole and win. 49ers caught some breaks in those other games as well. They didn't last night.

Baltimore had a very solid scheme for stopping the 49er offense (I suspect a fair amount of DCs will be studying that scheme this offseason), and as long as their execution was clicking they did just that. As time wore on and the older guys started getting gassed, momentum shifted the other way.

I don't think that same profile fits all the other games, but it's a recipe for a second half comeback.

#40 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think "exposed" is a tad strong. I did come away with the feeling that of the two, John is the better pro coach/ Though to be fair, John has more experience and Jim's accomplished an awful lot in a short time.

Realistically though, even the best coaches make mistakes, and even the best teams sometimes execute poorly.

Case in point: While early on the Ravens defense had pretty good gap discipline and contain, I noticed that a few times in the first half they overran rushing the left side of the line and gave Kaepernick a wide open space to run. He didn't take advantage of it every time but could have (inexperience).

By mid to late in the second half, the Ravens defensive guys were leaving that left side open almost every single time. And Kaepernick was finally starting to exploit it. The touchdown run came off exactly such a play. My guess? The older guys on the defense got tired, and when you get tired you get sloppy.

Bottom Line: There are a million things that need to go right to win a football game, especially a Super Bowl, and a million things that can go wrong at any time. Rarely is one aspect of the game (coaching, scheme, execution, etc) solely responsible for a loss.

I'll be frank, I'm using "exposed" to antagonize a certain subset of Huddlers. You're one of the few posters on this board who's knowledgeable enough not to worship Harbaugh's every move, and while I've said repeatedly I think he's an above average coach, but I'm ripping on him this hard to prove a point that he's not the savant people make him out to be, he has significant, exploitable flaws, and that all the bitching on this board about him not coming here and the shots at Richardson are wildly undeserved.

I DESPISE the mentality that has infected this board of late that makes it OK to rip everything about the Panthers organization and praises the 49ers just because they're currently the media fancy, when anyone with a modicum of football IQ can see that squad isn't anywhere as elite as people imagine. I'll go so far as to say that I wouldn't be surprised if they take a serious step back next year. especially in a division that has gotten much tougher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users