#46 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

The players are echoing what most of us who aren't conspiracy theorists have been saying all along - it's a good change of pace but it's not something to run as your base offense in the NFL.

The fact that people are now saying they know better than the players is just silly.

Keep it as a change-up...don't ever bring it back as a "run this to death cause it's awesome bro" style again.

#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

The players are echoing what most of us who aren't conspiracy theorists have been saying all along - it's a good change of pace but it's not something to run as your base offense in the NFL.

The fact that people are now saying they know better than the players is just silly.

Keep it as a change-up...don't ever bring it back as a "run this to death cause it's awesome bro" style again.

I'd agree.

Will be interesting to see what Chip Kelly does up in Philly.

#48 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'd agree.

Will be interesting to see what Chip Kelly does up in Philly.

end up getting vick killed on the field

#49 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

So I guess the fact that we couldn't score in the first half of the SB and came up 3 points short points to the fact that the I Formation has no future in the NFL.

#50 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Keep in mind Frank Gore had like 12 carries for 14 yards at one point in the first half (IIRC)...the read-option completely killed SF's run game before Ngata went down.

#51 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

The fact that a defense somewhat stopped it for a certain amount of time in one game doesn't prove anything.

#52 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

SF had more yards
SF had almost 200 rushing yards
SF had a GREAT ypc
Balt tried to hit CK.... Were gashed each time by the RB when they went out of heir way to hit him

Game was proof the read option works and did in the biggest game....and to get to it.

Read option wont dominate 4 quarters....there will be some lulls. Which is something you see with traditional formations as well.

#53 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

power outage helped 49ers lol it was a complete blowout before that....read option is not a offense you can run by it self. they were being stopped by an old defense lol

give me a break. its decent but everyone overrates it just like that damn wildcat.........lol

#54 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

By that definition you could have called the Panthers offense "unstoppable" at times too.

I don't really care how often a team makes it to the red zone. I care a lot about how many points they score.

And like I said, till Ngata was gone and the Ravens got gassed, that number wasn't much for San Fran.

What a generic answer. I will give you some football 101. If your defense allows the other team to move the ball and get to the red zone at will. You will give up a bunch of points. Maybe you get lucky for a half like the Ravens did in the first because of two turnovers that they had almost nothing to do with, but by the end of the game they are going to have 28 points at a minimum.

If you want to convince yourself that forcing one punt and allowing scores on 6 out of 10 possession, while giving up 468 yards and 29 points on just 60 snaps is "getting it done" than more power to you.

But the fact is, for anyone who actually lives in reality, watched that game, and was paying attention. The Raven's defense had not answer for anything the 49ers did. None. Zilch. Before Ngata, or after Ngata.

Now if you want to stick to cliche's "how many points do you get for making it to the red zone" then fine. Just know that the game is a little bit more complicated than I guess you are capable of comprehending if you have to rely on dumbed down logic.

#55 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

So I guess the fact that we couldn't score in the first half of the SB and came up 3 points short points to the fact that the I Formation has no future in the NFL.

This x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

#56 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

What a generic answer. I will give you some football 101. If your defense allows the other team to move the ball and get to the red zone at will. You will give up a bunch of points. Maybe you get lucky for a half like the Ravens did in the first because of two turnovers that they had almost nothing to do with, but by the end of the game they are going to have 28 points at a minimum.

If you want to convince yourself that forcing one punt and allowing scores on 6 out of 10 possession, while giving up 468 yards and 29 points on just 60 snaps is "getting it done" than more power to you.

But the fact is, for anyone who actually lives in reality, watched that game, and was paying attention. The Raven's defense had not answer for anything the 49ers did. None. Zilch. Before Ngata, or after Ngata.

Now if you want to stick to cliche's "how many points do you get for making it to the red zone" then fine. Just know that the game is a little bit more complicated than I guess you are capable of comprehending if you have to rely on dumbed down logic.

You think you can give Steve Smith some Football 101 too?

(I'm sure he'd appreciate it)

I define defenses by how many points they give up.

I don't give offenses credit for surpassing greatness when they can only put up six points without the other side losing one of their best players.

Credit the Niners all you want to, but until the Ravens lost Ngata and started showing their age, they weren't scoring and were getting blown out. All the excuses in the world won't change that.

#57 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

All of these arguments about first half versus the second half reminds me of before the draft two years ago when people were trying to say "Derp.. yeah but Cam struggled for one half of the Alabama game, therefore obviously Cam is teh suck!1!!"

#58 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,156 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I also noticed that every opportunity to pop Kaepernick they did. Even if they didn't take him to the ground. He got hit and pretty solid.

Sure they scored 31 Points but none of it came off the Read Option. Kaepernick score was on a scramble not the read option.

I like it in our offense but as a play not a base.

If the 49ers start the season with it as a base. They will face a similar fate as we did.

The biggest thing for us is once we had it as a play Cam really started to play well. One point I read was trying to throw out of the Read Option put him out of balance and made his throws erratic.

#59 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Newton played way better from under center.

Not sure anyone could argue that.

#60 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I define defenses by how many points they give up.

I don't give offenses credit for surpassing greatness when they can only put up six points without the other side losing one of their best players.

Credit the Niners all you want to, but until the Ravens lost Ngata and started showing their age, they weren't scoring and were getting blown out. All the excuses in the world won't change that.

So now you think me saying that the 49ers shot themselves in the foot with unforced turnovers is me giving credit to their offense??

If anything it is the exact opposite. I am saying the 49ers offense was to blame for only scoring 6 points because of the two unforced turnovers, it had almost zero to do with anything the Raven's did on defense. Because the Raven's couldn't stop them.

I knew the game was going to be close even at halftime, because the 49ers offense was dominating the Raven's defense, and it was clear that the Raven's defense could not stop them even if they did only have 6 points. The only team that stopped the 49ers offense last night was the 49ers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.