• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#91 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

To Steve success means him catching 10 passes for 150 yards per game and never make the playoffs, not this making the playoffs and superbowl stuff. It's so ironic it's coming from a guy who plays for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in almost 10 years.

Oh yeah, he's obviously been drama queen all his life right, Blue? he never shuts up about me me me. . psssh all those times he lays blocks down field are by accidentally tripping into people near the play.

#92 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

The WR who wants the ball thrown to him in triple coverage??

Question. Why is Steve Smith's opinion on the read option more valuable than a guy like Tent Dilfer's who has been studying this the last 2 years??

You have lost all credibility to me.

#93 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'd say the Ravens did a pretty good job of handling it up until 1) Ngata went out and 2) they got tired.

The tactic they used was similar to what defenses have used against option type offenses before, i.e. maintaining gap discipline and having the DEs wait and guard their lanes rather than committing early.

Well, this was only one game plus they didn't really stop it when it mattered most. The second half. 31 points is a lot of points in the NFL. What more can you ask for.

#94 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Well, this was only one game plus they didn't really stop it when it mattered most. The second half. 31 points is a lot of points in the NFL. What more can you ask for.

Again, how many points came off of the read option. I would like to know. I watched the game.

#95 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Oh yeah, he's obviously been drama queen all his life right, Blue? he never shuts up about me me me. . psssh all those times he lays blocks down field are by accidentally tripping into people near the play.

Smith is an anomaly. He has a "me" first attitude, but at the same time is one of the hardest working, team-first players on the panthers. He wants the ball, what great reciever doesn't. He just voices his opinion because he is the Senior panther. He has earned his voice.

#96 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

let me say something to make it clear for you all,

If Smith were a selfish guy, he wouldnt be in Carolina right now. He wouldve been long gone in several scenario's.

like some of guys' hero, Randy Moss. Now there's a bitch for you, too bad so sad, Randy, no ring for you douchebag.

#97 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

If Smith would just catch the damn ball we could have been in the playoffs.

#98 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,884 posts

You have lost all credibility to me.

Oh no!!

Why though?? Did I say Trent Dilfer was a genius who knows everything? I just asked why Steve Smith's opinion is considered better.

#99 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

That San Francisco offense, had only scored 6 pts by half time, and would have gotten absolutely steamrolled if it wasn't for that almost game saving (for the Niners) black out!! Lucky them. That's so completely forgotten.

#100 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Do I have to explain why Steve Smith's opinion is considered better than an outsider like Trent Dilfer? this is ridiculous. But then again Steve is "me" first right. He doesnt want the team to succeed, he just wants to pad his stats so he can retire with some glorious stats.

#101 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

time isnt the only variable, its space and speed also. . and furthermore its vector and not speed, there is a difference.

That is interesting. Do you have a study on it you can link up that may explain that in more detail??

#102 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,152 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

It's a change up.
Anything done too much is easy to counter.

It should be part of our offense, not the basis of our offense.

Yep. The reason we struggled early was because Chud was running that stuff almost as our base look. It works better as a suprise play 4-5 times a game IMO.

#103 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Do I have to explain why Steve Smith's opinion is considered better than an outsider like Trent Dilfer? this is ridiculous. But then again Steve is "me" first right. He doesnt want the team to succeed, he just wants to pad his stats so he can retire with some glorious stats.

Yeah. I would love for you to explain it. Thanks!!

#104 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

That is interesting. Do you have a study on it you can link up that may explain that in more detail??

Picture this. Would a RB getting a handoff straight to the desired location be faster than a RB having to wait for the QB to read the defense, stopping still, be faster? Hmmmm....this is getting borderline retarded.

#105 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Honestly, regardless of how anyone on here feels about it, a guy like Smith expressing this much disdain for it doesn't speak well of its chances for being seen as much next year.

Even gore said he didn't like it at first until he starts racking up 100 yards a game with little effort. If Smith doesn't shut up with his old ass he might find himself in the chopping block to clear up cap space. The only time I hear about Smith is when he is whining about something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.