Steve Smith knocks the read option...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#81 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Taxing, in the sense that it takes more time for the Oline to block the play. This is a fact.

Is it really that much more taxing than a QB snapping the ball taking three steps and handing the ball off.

If the QB is making his reads properly and quickly it shouldn't be longer than handing the ball off from under center. At the very least not so much longer that it is abnormally taxing on an O-linemen.

Has anyone actually done a comprehensive study on the time difference between the two?? Is there something besides opinion on that. Not attacking you, but you said it was a fact so I was wondering if there was something on this to prove it. You may be right. Just asking.

#82 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ask Steve Smith.

He's the one who said he didn't.

The WR who wants the ball thrown to him in triple coverage??

Question. Why is Steve Smith's opinion on the read option more valuable than a guy like Tent Dilfer's who has been studying this the last 2 years??

#83 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Is it really that much more taxing than a QB snapping the ball taking three steps and handing the ball off.

If the QB is making his reads properly and quickly it shouldn't be longer than handing the ball off from under center. At the very least not so much longer that it is abnormally taxing on an O-linemen.

Has anyone actually done a comprehensive study on the time difference between the two?? Is there something besides opinion on that. Not attacking you, but you said it was a fact so I was wondering if there was something on this to prove it. You may be right. Just asking.

you are forgetting the fact if Cam keeps the ball. And yes it does mean something. If you think 1 second or .5 second doesnt matter in the NFL then you have no idea.

#84 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Question. Why is Steve Smith's opinion on the read option more valuable than a guy like Tent Dilfer's who has been studying this the last 2 years??

Because he's actually part of this team and thus has a stake in whether we succeed or not.

Dilfer doesn't.

#85 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

ozzie newsome says give the d cordinators one year to study the pistol/read option and it will be done.......UMMPH lol

lets see.....

#86 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I bet he doesn't like running games either. Just a 'me' player who wants the ball thrown to his direction on every down. Fortunately Smith is just an employee that just needs to do his job and block down field.

#87 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Trent Dilfer? Pardon me, I had to laugh at that.

#88 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

time isnt the only variable, its space and speed also. . and furthermore its vector and not speed, there is a difference.

#89 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

An offense that puts up 31 points in the SB and averages 35 points in the playoffs is unsuccessful.

Ok, Steve.

To Steve success means him catching 10 passes for 150 yards per game and never make the playoffs, not this making the playoffs and superbowl stuff. It's so ironic it's coming from a guy who plays for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in almost 10 years.

#90 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

To Steve success means him catching 10 passes for 150 yards per game

I hope every reciever on this team thinks this way...the rest is total BS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users