Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith knocks the read option...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Well, big foot helped the ravens in the redzone. You're not the only one entitled to imaginary claims. Lol

umm where is the wildcat???

alot of people said the long break would take ravens momentum......ravens came out in the second scored on the kickreturn... they were hotter than beyonce.....and 49ers got a lucky break. who cares they still aint win. no mater how close THEY DID NOT WIN. lol dropback guy wins again... sorry blueboy lol :lolu:

#122 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Aren't you the guy who said cam should be running out of the option 70% of the time??

Read option give, read option keep, read option pass. Why not? But it is possible that Cam is not very good at reading when to keep or give. That might play a factor. So you prefer 69%? Lol

#123 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

You really want me to entertain this question? So the read option has to score a specific number of points per game to be considered a success?

Since the RB is vital in the pro-style, how many points did the ravens score running the football?

Read option lead to huge plays in the 2nd half during the comeback.....not sure where the logic is that bc they weren't the TD plays then they weren't effective. Several huge passes off the the read option.....a huge Gore run prior to the CK TD scramble.

#124 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Read option give, read option keep, read option pass. Why not? But it is possible that Cam is not very good at reading when to keep or give. That might play a factor. So you prefer 69%? Lol

Cam is good at it....his bread and butter. Chud isn't....Chud tried to make it his own to start the year. 2011 it was Cams's play and he even taught the guys to run it. Chud tried to build it into something bigger in 2012 and that is when things got messy

also, Williams isn't a read option RB. I would need two hands to count the number of times Cam tried to pull the option read away from Williams and he wouldn't give it up.

#125 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

If Smitty was the player receiving the ball in the read option, Smitty would think it was the best NFL innovation since sliced bread.

Smitty is Smitty.

#126 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

If Smitty was the player receiving the ball in the read option, Smitty would think it was the best NFL innovation since sliced bread.

Smitty is Smitty.

Smitty probably thinks every gameplan should be like the 2008 AZ one...

#127 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

umm where is the wildcat???

alot of people said the long break would take ravens momentum......ravens came out in the second scored on the kickreturn... they were hotter than beyonce.....and 49ers got a lucky break. who cares they still aint win. no mater how close THEY DID NOT WIN. lol dropback guy wins again... sorry blueboy lol :lolu:

The wild cat didn't take any team to superbowl.

That's my point all along, you can't say things aren't effective in a close high scoring game. SF suffered the same slow start with the Falcons. Nothing new.

Dropback? Well, 28/32 is a pretty good odd from the beginning. On the other hand, there are only 4 dual threat QBs, 3 made the playoffs, 1 make it to the superbowl and lost by a field goal. Nothing to lol about. So statistically, dropback QBs are a failure. Just think of how many drop back QBs that didn't make the playoffs

The option didn't give up a kick return for a TD in the superbowl. That's free points. Not offensive or defensive related. Just mediocre special teams stupidity. So, offensively the 9ers won the superbowl. Fail!

That's why I don't believe there should be special team or kicking in the game. On 4th downs, teams should either go for it or give the ball up at the other teams 35 yard line. After a score the other team receives the ball at the 20. Also, after a score the team have one un-timed down to score an extra point.

#128 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

The wild cat didn't take any team to superbowl.

That's my point all along, you can't say things aren't effective in a close high scoring game. SF suffered the same slow start with the Falcons. Nothing new.

Dropback? Well, 28/32 is a pretty good odd from the beginning. On the other hand, there are only 4 dual threat QBs, 3 made the playoffs, 1 make it to the superbowl and lost by a field goal. Nothing to lol about. So statistically, dropback QBs are a failure. Just think of how many drop back QBs that didn't make the playoffs

The option didn't give up a kick return for a TD in the superbowl. That's free points. Not offensive or defensive related. Just mediocre special teams stupidity. So, offensively the 9ers won the superbowl. Fail!

That's why I don't believe there should be special team or kicking in the game. On 4th downs, teams should either go for it or give the ball up at the other teams 35 yard line. After a score the other team receives the ball at the 20. Also, after a score the team have one un-timed down to score an extra point.

Posted Image

#129 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer (Ray Lewis), 1 TD
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD

Posted Image

#130 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

damn man dropback qbs are a failure.......did you see that superbowl list.....feel sorry for the slow drop back boys UMMPH!!

Posted Image

#131 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Well, better receivers in the league does the same without complaining what type of offense they run. Smith had years of pro style offenses around him and they barely make the playoffs. Now that Cam is putting them on the map we don't need that old washed up receiver complaining about our offensive system.

Dude just go back to your dirt hut in New Orleeeens again.

Is this that Pat guy again? lol, hilarious if its him and he still cant let it go.

#132 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

That is interesting. Do you have a study on it you can link up that may explain that in more detail??

No links just watch the plays.

A back's speed and direction are slower and narrower when running out of a read. He cant correct his speed and direction while he's watching the holes develop because he has to stay and complete the "option" and the play hasnt been determined. He cant explode right from the snap. It's a loaded argument because there are times when a back will wait anyways for a hole, but any man who wants his feet nailed down while 300 pound monsters are trying to kill you should be committed. D'Lo has experienced this and probably isnt a huge fan, go figure.

Im not against it, I just dont think it should be run predictably.

#133 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

The read option is a weapon but NFL defenses are like the borg. They will adapt quickly sometimes within the same game. You have to change your offense like you change your underwear. Or at least the "cute" part of it. With a sound traditional offense to lul the other team to sleep.

#134 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,563 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Dude just go back to your dirt hut in New Orleeeens again.

Is this that Pat guy again? lol, hilarious if its him and he still cant let it go.

I'm pretty sure he's a troll.

Kinda pathetic to put that much effort into trolling another team's fans, honestly.

#135 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

No links just watch the plays.

A back's speed and direction are slower and narrower when running out of a read. He cant correct his speed and direction while he's watching the holes develop because he has to stay and complete the "option" and the play hasnt been determined. He cant explode right from the snap. It's a loaded argument because there are times when a back will wait anyways for a hole, but any man who wants his feet nailed down while 300 pound monsters are trying to kill you should be committed. D'Lo has experienced this and probably isnt a huge fan, go figure.

Im not against it, I just dont think it should be run predictably.

The RB shouldn't be standing with his feet nailed down. When the exchange takes place the RB should be 85% of top speed and then exploding through the hole. He isn't reading linebackers, he already knows where he needs to go. The RB is responsible for the exchange, the QB is in charge of the read. The RB is supposed to go straight to where his gap should be, but he also has the option to cutback to a better gap if it opens up and looks to be the better option. Something that RBs do in any zone blocking run scheme, whether it be under center or out of the shotgun or in the pistol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com