133 replies to this topic

#106 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

lets keep waiting on that 3rd or 4th rounder to develop as the next #1 wr.

What game did we lose because we had Sub par wr

#107 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

What game did we lose because we had Sub par wr

there you go with this bs again. numerous plays left on the field by a WR corp you think that needs no upgrades. same thing with the secondary DT and OL spots. i have said numerous times that bpa from those 4 spots will be the pick, but to say WR is ok is just blind.

#108 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Here's my take on it.

Our first round pick will either be a WR,DT,Secondary, or O-lineman.

Last year we were 16th in passing yards. 23d in passing TD's.

The lack of TD's scored via the air is dissapointing and even less than Cam had his rookie year.(Our Rushing TD's were down too so these did not replace passing TD's). Meanwhile nobody at the receiver position has emerged as a major redzone threat much less the total package to be a #1 in the future.

Cam needs help in the worst way in that regard and if there is someone who can be a future # 1 and a redzone threat then we must highly consider that.

The other glaring hole we have is a DT. No way we make the mistake of trying to start 2 rookies there again like we did in 2011. So most likely we will retain Dwan Edwards or find another vet to replace him. If we keep Dwan like I hope we do then we need a talented run stuffing NT to take over for Ron Edwards.

The secondary is next up on my list. Specifically FS. Hopefully we can find a way to retain Gamble, then we will have the Josh and Josh combo coming into their 2nd year and hopefully continue to improve off what they did last year. So if we can't find a starting caliber FS in the draft we either are going to have to put Martin back in, move Gamble over and let the Josh's man the outside and could possibly have Munnerlyn back at a bargain price as well too. Or the only other thing to do is find one in Free agency if money allows.

Then lastly we need some help up front protecting Cam. I highly doubt we find someone who is going to be an immediate upgradre to Gross at LT AT 14 so we need to try and keep him where he's at. LG should improve as Silatolu is continuing to develop. Kalil will be back in the middle. Hangman then can move back over to RG or a vet or late round pick can replace him here. Then of course Bell will probably be in a make or break year at RT.

Bottom line is this assuming we keep Gamble, then it lowers the importance/need to draft a corner with the first this year. We already have 2 nice young prospects behind him with Thomas and Norman.

O-line I think we can hold off on using our first here as well since I think Gross man the LT spot another year, No point in drafting another LG after spending a high 2nd on Amini, Kalil is good, RG can only improve from last year no matter what we do and I think Bell is sufficent enough to man the starting RT spot and will hopefully improve to the long term answer there.

So no were down to DT and WR. Our offensive scoring was down and went backwards last year and our D improved so I will give the slight edge to WR as being the higher priority here. If the front office doesent believe any available receiver at 14 is prepared to take on that role,then I say we hold off(Personally I like Keenan Allen and think he'd be a great fit). At this point I'd turn to a run stuffing DT to take up space and allow Kuechly to clean up behind him. Jonathan Hankins fits this bill well.

Then lastly I'd consider a FS like Vaccaro, or Warmack at Guard or trading back to acquire an extra 2nd or at least get a third.

#109 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

He didn't prove poo are you crazy? You do know Breed still pass for 400 yards that last game? And Matt Ryan had 300+ yards? How about Brady Quinn's Career day did you miss that?

He didn't start in KC but,

Julio Jones: 5 catches, 66 yards, 1 TD
Marques Colston 5 catches, 52 yards, 2 TD

He played really solid covering Elite WRs and holding them down with questionable saftey help.

But whatever floats your boat dude.

#110 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,539 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Lot of mocks had us taking DE or DT last year.

Walterfootball is the only one that had us taking Luke because a source told him we were comfortable with our DTs.

Sure, most of these guys aren't putting much analysis into this as much as just ranking players and doing high level need stuff.

Walterfootball has us taking a DT though saying we aren't now comfortable with our DTs

#111 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sure, most of these guys aren't putting much analysis into this as much as just ranking players and doing high level need stuff.

Walterfootball has us taking a DT though saying we aren't now comfortable with our DTs

Oh yeah I was just saying a lot of these "draftniks" have no idea what they're talking about (A lot of them say our defense is still questionable.)

#112 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

there you go with this bs again. numerous plays left on the field by a WR corp you think that needs no upgrades. same thing with the secondary DT and OL spots. i have said numerous times that bpa from those 4 spots will be the pick, but to say WR is ok is just blind.

It is not blind we had a top 5 offense when Chud was doing his job. We had a dangerous offense at the end of the year this year. When the oline gelled and Chud wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'm sorry I don't see WR being that big of a problem. We were pretty good when we had better play calling and Oline play.

#113 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

It is not blind we had a top 5 offense when Chud was doing his job.

"Last year we were 16th in passing yards. 23d in passing TD's."

let me guess, it's the oline and chud's fault?

#114 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

He didn't start in KC but,

Julio Jones: 5 catches, 66 yards, 1 TD
Marques Colston 5 catches, 52 yards, 2 TD

He played really solid covering Elite WRs and holding them down with questionable saftey help.

But whatever floats your boat dude.

What proof do you have he was on that certain wr all game? You do know we don't let CB go one on one with one WR all game right? Why didn't you show Lance Moore stats and Roddy white in those games.

#115 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

"Last year we were 16th in passing yards. 23d in passing TD's."

let me guess, it's the oline and chud's fault?

Yep. We were top 5 in least drops. So the Wr were catching the ball when it hit their hands. But Cam was hit more then any other QB and everybody can admit that Chud poo the bed early in the year with his play calling.

#116 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yep.

So Cam holing on to the ball when none of his receivers could get open depsite having a clean pocket

Chud and O-lines fault?

#117 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

So Cam holing on to the ball when none of his receivers could get open depsite having a clean pocket

Chud and O-lines fault?

What happen more? Your scenario or mine.

Now the fact we had a bottom 5 rated oline and players calling out Chud on a weekly basis. Might suggest my scenario happened more.

#118 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

But Cam was hit more then any other QB

You uh

You sure about that bud

We were 15th in sacks allowed and 11th in QB hits, both top half of the leauge. We allowed less hits and sacks than the 49ers and their stout O-line!

The Falcons (7th in sacks, 24th in hits) and Packers (31st in sacks, 26th in hits) both allow a ton of hits but continue to go to the playoffs. I wonder why.

Mind you this is without our all-pro Center.

#119 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

What happen more? Your scenario or mine.

Now the fact we had a bottom 5 rated oline and players calling out Chud on a weekly basis. Might suggest my scenario happened more.

Chud's play calling was based on the over use of the read options and the lack of use of our running game, despite the fact we have a TON of money invested in our back field, and gettign way too cute with his play calling and overthinking things.

Try again pal.

#120 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

You uh

You sure about that bud

We were 15th in sacks allowed and 11th in QB hits, both top half of the leauge. We allowed less hits and sacks than the 49ers and their stout O-line!

The Falcons (7th in sacks, 24th in hits) and Packers (31st in sacks, 26th in hits) both allow a ton of hits but continue to go to the playoffs I wonder why.

Mind you this is without our all-pro Center.

No dummy Can was the most hit Qb in the league with RG3 right behind him. And just because Can escaped a lot of sacks doesn't mean he didn't get hit or the Oline did their job.

Again fact is the Oline was ranked 27th in the league. Please keep disputing this and show how dumb you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com