Photo
- - - - -

The case to acquire Titus Young...

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image

#32 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

LOL, Jt, no matter what you quote. You only need to look at Steve Smith. How much of a headache has he been and how immature he was during the start of his career, until now. I'm sure Titus can relate more to Smith being from around the same area, being a small wide receiver, probably questioned for his height like smith.

We all write off Smith's mishaps for the passion he shows and has for the game. Not doing the same for other players that show the same mannerisms as smith would be asinine.

There isn't anything lost with giving Young a chance, pick him up for under a million, 550k to be exact. Ride out his contract. Let him know this his fresh start and we don't want any Lions incidents. The minute he doesn't comply, you cut him. That's it.

To me this is a no brainer. He'd be instantly a #2 here. I'm not too sure he'd be a #1 but the jury is still out on that matter in my opinion.

So you're saying it's a good idea to have 2 of those type players not even in the same locker room but in the same wr corp??

Are you fuging crazy??? Cam would be breaking up fights in the huddle in TC.

No way in hell would i put my young franchise QB thru that poo.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Sorry. I can't get on board with this.

#34 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

The kid doesn't realize how the league looks at people that try to hurt their own team. I don't want him here. LaFell is a better all around player. To some of you here, talent = speed and elusiveness and that's the only criteria for evaluating a player. LaFell is much more sure handed, catches passes in traffic, and blocks like a beast.

Anybody that sets their team up to lose has no heart and plays for themselves. So that's where he should play. All alone.

#35 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

I remember when people didn't want Shockey because of his character issues and how Smitty and him would throw blows at each other. I remember when Smitty and Shockey did get in a confronta-oh wait, It didn't happen.

#36 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

I remember when people didn't want Shockey because of his character issues and how Smitty and him would throw blows at each other. I remember when Smitty and Shockey did get in a confronta-oh wait, It didn't happen.

Not even in the same ball park. Shockey was a vet with a ring and Steve respected him. Young is a punk and there is no reason Smith will respect him or his opinion and that will cause fraction. You have to learn how to match personalities when building a team. You don't remember how the Keyshawn and 89 thing worked out? Or the Jarret and Smith combo? That is to many egos in one huddle. I'll pass on that poo.

#37 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Not even in the same ball park. Shockey was a vet with a ring and Steve respected him. Young is a punk and there is no reason Smith will respect him or his opinion and that will cause fraction. You have to learn how to match personalities when building a team. You don't remember how the Keyshawn and 89 thing worked out? Or the Jarret and Smith combo? That is to many egos in one huddle. I'll pass on that poo.

He was still known for his 'attitude' and how Smith any him wouldn't get along. How do you know he respected him right off the bat? You don't. For that matter I don't either. But there isn't any evidence to say he had a problem with him or not. Other than the fact that they weren't indeed down each others throats.

I'm absolutely tired of seeing the Panthers Pass up talents because of minor issues. Then seeing other teams take a chance and make profit out of it. Seriously tired of it.

#38 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

To be fair, Shockey's character issues mainly were just his being kind of a douchebag.

I don't recall him ever threatening to retire if he didn't get the ball or doing anything so bad that a team cut him.

#39 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

He was still known for his 'attitude' and how Smith any him wouldn't get along. How do you know he respected him right off the bat? You don't. For that matter I don't either. But there isn't any evidence to say he had a problem with him or not. Other than the fact that they weren't indeed down each others throats.

I'm absolutely tired of seeing the Panthers Pass up talents because of minor issues. Then seeing other teams take a chance and make profit out of it. Seriously tired of it.

He was a attitude with a ring and some knowlege. Not a punk who has done nothing but expects every thing.

#40 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Dont be an idiot.

If Young was so great the Lions woulda traded him instead of cutting him. Hell, if Young was as good as he thought he was they would have drawn up more plays for the dude. Yet NONE of that happened except for Detroit handing his punk ass a pink slip.

This is why you (thankfully) arent a GM. You dont put a cancerous cell like Young in the middle of a younger team. Maybe if there were some true Vet leadership here(ala this yrs Ravens) then maybe ya do. THIS Carolina Panthers team tho? No. Ya dont do it.

In time you'll realize how moronic your argument is.

#41 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

If your character issues are too big for the Lions, then God help you, cause no one else can.

#42 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...r-troubled-stay

He lined up in the wrong place just to be a asshole.

Do you know how much of a problem you have to be to get cut from the lions? Who have more off the field issues then anybody not name Cowboys.

They cut a high 2nd round pick. How much of a asshole are you to be a 2nd round pick and get cut after 2 years?

And you want to bring that to our Locker room?

#43 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Dont be an idiot.

If Young was so great the Lions woulda traded him instead of cutting him. Hell, if Young was as good as he thought he was they would have drawn up more plays for the dude. Yet NONE of that happened except for Detroit handing his punk ass a pink slip.

This is why you (thankfully) arent a GM. You dont put a cancerous cell like Young in the middle of a younger team. Maybe if there were some true Vet leadership here(ala this yrs Ravens) then maybe ya do. THIS Carolina Panthers team tho? No. Ya dont do it.

In time you'll realize how moronic your argument is.

Thanks man, I really see the light now. You're one of the most idiotic posters in this whole establishment. The Lions Receiving core is one of the best with Megatron out of it, they have the luxury to cut him you idiot...Someone elses loss could be our gain. And I'm glad you're not GM too because I can only tell from your ill response you'd wreck this team faster than a homosexual on a track of dildos.

Watch what teams takes him, because there WILL be a team to take him. It will probably be the Pats, they aren't afraid of getting better and taking chances...

If your character issues are too big for the Lions, then God help you, cause no one else can.

Look at the Bengals and the Lions..

http://www.nfl.com/n...r-troubled-stay

He lined up in the wrong place just to be a asshole.

Do you know how much of a problem you have to be to get cut from the lions? Who have more off the field issues then anybody not name Cowboys.

They cut a high 2nd round pick. How much of a asshole are you to be a 2nd round pick and get cut after 2 years?

And you want to bring that to our Locker room?

I don't know you and don't know how you would react to not getting your way, but I've known plenty of folks that would have done something like this to make a statement. Even though it probably was not the best way of managing things. People make mistakes. We're talking about being an asshole here. he didn't murder someone or rape someone or hit a woman..

In what other language do you want me to say yes in? Seriously? What is so hard to understand? Honestly you folks think people don't change or don't get second chances?

fug Alfonzo Dennard, he won't help us. IN the pats Secondary as a starter. could have had him but oh no. He did something he regretted and the Panthers don't pick up guys with character issues. 7th round, sitting right there. Nope...Not taking him. The pats take him.. The fug...Has a decent rookie year.

Vontaze B. Acts a fool in ASU. Has a horrible combine. Nope not going to take him. Character issues. Smashed his coaches, blah blah blah. Bengals take a chance, get a good LB. The fug with this character issues bullshit. Missing out on talent because of minor issues.

Just some examples of players that could have helped out but again, Oh no "character issues" Stay away. Come on... you have to take chances in this league, they do pay off.

WR is a need. we don't have much money and this guy won't cost a lot to keep around for a year or two.

lol, what more do you want? We're not in a position to get in a bidding war for the best WR out there. He's not that bad to begin with and not a lot of teams will take a shot for the very same reason of that issue he had with the Lions. There's more of a chance to come out winning in this scenario than to lose anything. Again it's as simple as waving him if he acts up.

#44 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Why do people sleep on LaFell so much??? The kid is improving every game he's one of our best blockers, he's clutch on third down, and has improved his hands. If Young comes here he'd be playing the same position (3rd maybe 4th receiver) he was in Detroit and he'd be just as pissed.

#45 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Thanks man, I really see the light now. You're one of the most idiotic posters in this whole establishment. The Lions Receiving core is one of the best with Megatron out of it, they have the luxury to cut him you idiot...Someone elses loss could be our gain. And I'm glad you're not GM too because I can only tell from your ill response you'd wreck this team faster than a homosexual on a track of dildos.

Watch what teams takes him, because there WILL be a team to take him. It will probably be the Pats, they aren't afraid of getting better and taking chances...

Look at the Bengals and the Lions..

I don't know you and don't know how you would react to not getting your way, but I've known plenty of folks that would have done something like this to make a statement. Even though it probably was not the best way of managing things. People make mistakes. We're talking about being an asshole here. he didn't murder someone or rape someone or hit a woman..

In what other language do you want me to say yes in? Seriously? What is so hard to understand? Honestly you folks think people don't change or don't get second chances?

fug Alfonzo Dennard, he won't help us. IN the pats Secondary as a starter. could have had him but oh no. He did something he regretted and the Panthers don't pick up guys with character issues. 7th round, sitting right there. Nope...Not taking him. The pats take him.. The fug...Has a decent rookie year.

Vontaze B. Acts a fool in ASU. Has a horrible combine. Nope not going to take him. Character issues. Smashed his coaches, blah blah blah. Bengals take a chance, get a good LB. The fug with this character issues bullshit. Missing out on talent because of minor issues.

Just some examples of players that could have helped out but again, Oh no "character issues" Stay away. Come on... you have to take chances in this league, they do pay off.

WR is a need. we don't have much money and this guy won't cost a lot to keep around for a year or two.

lol, what more do you want? We're not in a position to get in a bidding war for the best WR out there. He's not that bad to begin with and not a lot of teams will take a shot for the very same reason of that issue he had with the Lions. There's more of a chance to come out winning in this scenario than to lose anything. Again it's as simple as waving him if he acts up.

Did you just say the Lions have one of the best receiving cores even WITHOUT Megatron? I'd love to see these fuging stats to backup you talking out of your ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com