|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Note: People wanting linemen early will not like this

1: Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi St.

Posted Image

My guess at the moment is that Star, Joekel, Fisher, Warmack, Patterson, & Milliner will be gone. I’m not a fan of going DT in the first and believe we will cut Gamble. I understand its popular to build from the lines out in many scenarios but that doesn’t necessarily mean you must at all costs draft a lineman in round 1. Go with who you think would best fit our team regardless of the position. We play Julio, Roddy, Marques, Mike Williams, Vinny Jack…f*ck a lot of damn good wideouts and need a strong corner even if the Josh crew has looked semi-formidable with a solid D-line. If Gamble is gone and Banks is sitting here, that's hard to pass up.

2: Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech

Posted Image

I’ve mentioned before how much I think this kid can succeed in the league and there are a plethora of indicators that he will. The General would be a rock solid 2nd rounder. I’d consider Wheaton but otherwise, I’m just not a fan of some of the other 2nd round targets that may be available. I also have the impression there will be a decent chunk of wideouts that will go between 14 & 36 (i.e. Austin, Williams, Hunter).

4 (or trade up): Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State

6'3 341...big Senior Bowl; This may be my one big reach but it’s not out of the realm of possibilities. He seems to have really impressed scouts and coming from a smaller school could very well wind up here. I like what I see and it’s obvious we need a big aggressive DT to shore up the defensive line.

5: Hugh Thornton OG Illinois

In a deep G class with fantastic talent at the top, I think this could be a great route if we don’t manage to grab one in the first few rounds. I believe Gross will restructure and Rivera obviously likes Bell. This spot is totally fine to find a Hang’man replacement, which shouldn’t be difficult at all. I would have to think we also make a FA signing at G or T.

6: JJ Wilcox SS

You may think FS would be the thing to do, but I believe having Godfrey back there could be good for the time being. DJ Campbell also looks solid so I think we could use help equally at either spot right now. I dunno. I feel every time I watch a safety prospect from this class, I find a way to dislike them and that’s happened with most FSs minus Philip Thomas. I think either FS or SS is one of the other big FA moves, relatively speaking, so I’m open to either direction in the draft.

#2 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,200 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Not bad.

Think Banks will be the best cb out of this Draft unless there is a no name/UDFA that emerge during the season(s).

Patton will be the most immediate WR to impact the league. Great kid, route runner and great hands. A complete receiver.

And I love Wilcox. After the Senior Bowl I think he made some money. Will be a 3-4 rd guy with a good combine.

#3 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

patton where have you been man

#4 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

This is a good draft.

The only people I want at 14 are Johnson, Banks, and Warmak.

In the 2nd I only want Rodgers, Patton, or Warford.

I like the DT in the 4th. Got all the tools to be a successful DT in the league.

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Nice mock, refreshing to see a good one on here. Williams probably goes in the third though.

#6 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

I like the draft could live with this if we added a few vets in FA.

#7 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

I like the draft could live with this if we added a few vets in FA.

Yeah, in my scenario the few FAs I'd consider would be for FS, OL, OLB, & QB2. This is Gettleman's specialty so I'd trust him/don't have any particular names in mind. It would likely be 1-2 year fillers.

#8 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm starting to worry that Banks will be gone before our pick.

Rhodes/Poyer could be other options to look at.

#9 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Nice, this is a strong mock

The cats get immediate help in the secondary, add a slot/potential WR1, and a big guy to help solidify the d-line.

We have many holes so a position people want early will not happen no matter the situation. Considering this, I'm most comfortable getting a OG/T in the FA talent and cost wise.

#10 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'm starting to worry that Banks will be gone before our pick.

Rhodes/Poyer could be other options to look at.

Totally

I love what I've seen out of Poyer and Rhodes is definitely worth a 1st rounder.

Oregon St. has two strong prospects in Poyer & Wheaton this draft that we could end up taking a good look at.

#11 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Not that bad, DT is really deep this draft and is a really strong class. And thorton late is a good pick

#12 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I lol whenever someone says "I'm not a fan of going DT in the first" as if it's a viable line of thinking held by anybody with an inch of draft cred.

It's a silly notion no self respecting draft nik would share.

#13 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

""hay guiz, I'm really just not a fan of drafting QBs in the 1st, I mean have you seen how many of those have busted over the years? No WRs for me either plz. I'm just so scared they'll bust!!"

#14 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I lol whenever someone says "I'm not a fan of going DT in the first" as if it's a viable line of thinking held by anybody with an inch of draft cred.

It's a silly notion no self respecting draft nik would share.

I just don't want to take a defensive tackle in the first. We have bigger needs. That's pretty much it.

I wanted Dareus 2 years ago and was the big Cox promoter last year (had him in most my mocks). This is more about what i think for this particular draft/offseason. Don't want Richardson or Williams. Maybe Jenkins if he fell.

#15 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, in my scenario the few FAs I'd consider would be for FS, OL, OLB, & QB2. This is Gettleman's specialty so I'd trust him/don't have any particular names in mind. It would likely be 1-2 year fillers.

I was thinking more Dt, OL then Fs. I don't think starting the season with a 4th round DT is a smart move.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.