Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yea its a BR Mock dammit!

95 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder if Leon Sandcastle will be there when we pick... Pipe dream. Oh well.

1 person likes this

Posted

So we see chuck's youtube formed player rankings have led him to believe that we should either take an OG or a LB.

Incoincidentally, two of the easiest positions to hit on because any brain dead imbecile knows what to look for.

Unsuprisingly, as his draft forum track record has indicated, not only can chuck not "scout" players, he doesn't even know what he's looking at when watching anything with any degree of complexity

Posted

The only person I would take over Jarvis at 14, would be Warmack. Other than that you kiddin me?

People who talk about needs, would yall at no.14:

Take Hankins/Floyd/Richardson/Jesse over Jarvis?

Take Keenan/Patterson/Twill/Hopkins over Jarvis?

Take Barrett/Cooper/Warford over Jarvis?

Take Reid/McDonald/Elam/etc over Jarvis?

Take Rhodes/Banks/etc over Jarvis?

Considering our team and what move would have the maximum effectiveness, I'd take Banks, Rhodes, & Patterson over Jarvis. Now if John Jenkins fell at DT/NT, I'd take him in a heart beat but this Bulldog at OLB? We have one in TD already. This isn't an Anderson replacement. Rest of the draft is good though.

Posted

So we see chuck's youtube formed player rankings have led him to believe that we should either take an OG or a LB.

Incoincidentally, two of the easiest positions to hit on because any brain dead imbecile knows what to look for.

Unsuprisingly, as his draft forum track record has indicated, not only can chuck not "scout" players, he doesn't even know what he's looking at when watching anything with any degree of complexity

Lol funny.

Atleast I'm the only person on here who'll admit I'm not good at scouting. If I was or any of you guys are, y'all be getting paid right now Lookin at 2013 NFL prospects. Yea, that's not watching 5-8mim highlights on YouTube and considering it "films".

Posted

Taking Kuechly last year make no sense also when we had pressing needs at DT, CB, etc.

Sure, I'd be stupid to say for us to take Jarvis in the top5, but at 14 anyone would be stupid to pass him up.

Luke made plenty of sense....LB play was HORRIBLE in 2011.

Our LBs heading into 2012 consisted of 3 ACL tear (IR) Davis and an IR'd Beason with a major injury one whose comeback to full form was very doubtful. LB WAS a NEED.

Posted

Considering our team and what move would have the maximum effectiveness, I'd take Banks, Rhodes, & Patterson over Jarvis. Now if John Jenkins fell at DT/NT, I'd take him in a heart beat but this Bulldog at OLB? We have one in TD already. This isn't an Anderson replacement. Rest of the draft is good though.

I'm not sure I'd take Banks, Rhodes or Patterson over Jarvis. Maybe Banks if I really has to and Gamble is cut. Patterson is a HOTT name and a lot of fans are going to be riding his wagon. The kid has huge ceiling, but when youre taking him you are getting a raw receiver to work with. It's a 50/50 boom or bust pick. Is the reward higher than the risk?

Taking Jones, you know exactly what you're getting. Getting an extremely talented passes rusher who can lineup up anywhere. And it's also a "safe pick", unless otherwise something about hus neck is concerning.

TD is not the same type of OLB Jarvis is. Jarvis has way much more potential to be a better player than TD will ever be. Jarvis isn't your tackling machine OLB like TD. He's your modern day hybrid that can create pressure constantly and rack up double digit sacks. Id trade both Anderson/TD for Jarvis in a heart beat.

Posted

Luke made plenty of sense....LB play was HORRIBLE in 2011.

Our LBs heading into 2012 consisted of 3 ACL tear (IR) Davis and an IR'd Beason with a major injury one whose comeback to full form was very doubtful. LB WAS a NEED.

LB is still a need. Fans are only ignoring it bc we had four lbs who if healthy are very good. And, also bc we just took a lb last year that people doesn't want to see a consecutive year of taking another lb.

Anderson is very very average. Rack up a lot of tackles but after a lot of gain in yardage already. Few TFL and not a short yardage stop guy.

Beason last season going into the season was healthier than he is right now. We all should be concerning about Beason.

TD is still the same guy who had three previous ACL tears who is also aging. No Panthers fan can tell me they go into every Sundays not holding their breath every time TD is on the field trying to make a play.

The only Lb who is safe is Kuechky.

Lb is a "NEED" that fans are ignoring. Plain and simple.

Posted

LB is still a need. Fans are only ignoring it bc we had four lbs who if healthy are very good. And, also bc we just took a lb last year that people doesn't want to see a consecutive year of taking another lb.

Anderson is very very average. Rack up a lot of tackles but after a lot of gain in yardage already. Few TFL.

Beason last season going into the season was healthier than he is right now. We all should be concerning about Beason.

TD is still the same guy who had three previous ACL tears who is also aging. No Panthers fan can tell me they go into every Sundays not holding their breath every time TD is on the field trying to make a play.

Not much of a need....

You have a BEAST in Luke who is only going to get better at MLB, a solid SS, and 2 vets in Davis and Beason to rotate at WLB bc we likely are stuck with Beason for a year.

Where is the need? Beason and TD can share WLB. Neither is going to be needed to be counted on as an every down LB. Those 2 can handle the WLB spot.....much bigger needs than finding someone to replace to vets sharing a job

Posted

Not much of a need....

You have a BEAST in Luke who is only going to get better at MLB, a solid SS, and 2 vets in Davis and Beason to rotate at WLB bc we likely are stuck with Beason for a year.

Where is the need? Beason and TD can share WLB. Neither is going to be needed to be counted on as an every down LB. Those 2 can handle the WLB spot.....much bigger needs than finding someone to replace to vets sharing a job

Not a need ATM but can surely become a need by week3-5. No one knows the Heath issue with Beason. He has shown he isnt a very good OLB in the pro. TD is forcing me to hold my breath every play. Anderson is the most likely to come back and play a full 16. He's our worst lb out of the four.

Posted

Like I said in another thread, fans better hope Jarvis isn't on the board at no.14 or else he'll be wearing some Panthers Black/White/Blue on Sundays.

I can guarantee Gettleman and Chico would be damn happy to see Jarvis at 14 and wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the talented pass rusher.

Posted

Anderson is very very average. Rack up a lot of tackles but after a lot of gain in yardage already. Few TFL and not a short yardage stop guy.

The only Lb who is safe is Kuechky.

Depth at LB would be great, but its not as pressing as OL, DT, WR, CB.

Posted

Depth at LB would be great, but its not as pressing as OL, DT, WR, CB.

I agree.

I'm just saying if Jarvis falls to 14, the Draft plan is going to dramatically change. A player of that caliber falling to your lap, $hit forget about the needs.

It's like you don't pass up on Peyton if he fell to your lap for a Charles Johnson bc you have need at DE.