Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yea its a BR Mock dammit!

95 posts in this topic

Posted

Jarvin Jones won't even be available then, so this is a moot topic discussion.

Posted

Still haven't seen it mentioned, but for some reason Jarvis Jones is there; someone will offer the Panthers a pretty good package for him. Once you get to the mid-teens, trades start to fall into place because of players falling.

Posted

Jarvin Jones won't even be available then, so this is a moot topic discussion.

Never know. A lot of scouts are atm worried about him and some questions concerning his neck.

If you told me you're a fortune teller, I may try to believe you. Not now though. Clausen was supposed to be a 1st rd in everyone's mind.

Posted

Still haven't seen it mentioned, but for some reason Jarvis Jones is there; someone will offer the Panthers a pretty good package for him. Once you get to the mid-teens, trades start to fall into place because of players falling.

Agree. Though it'll have to be an amazing offer. Can't be stupid to think Gettleman wouldn't take Jarvis at 14.

We have depth at lb but none of those guys are Gettleman's guys. A lot of them could become cap casualties for Dave

Posted

Taking BPA leads to getting FOOTBALL PLAYERS (Cam/Kuechly).

Taking needs lead to players to fill position(s).

What if Manti Teo is the BPA on our draft board?

Posted

What if Manti Teo is the BPA on our draft board?

He's not even a top25 player after the Bowl game. Especially after the internet hoax. If hes lucky, Baltimore will pick him up at 32. If not he magiap as late as UDFA. And we don't need a MLB. If we were a 34 D, sure maybe if we're not sure about Beason.

Minter LSU is ahead of Manti atm

Unless Jarvis lied about his GF dying, he's a top5 player.

Posted

He's not even a top25 player after the Bowl game. Especially after the internet hoax. If hes lucky, Baltimore will pick him up at 32. If not he magiap as late as UDFA. And we don't need a MLB. If we were a 34 D, sure maybe if we're not sure about Beason.

Minter LSU is ahead of Manti atm

Unless Jarvis lied about his GF dying, he's a top5 player.

Just messing with you on the BPA.

Btw, Scouts Inc and Mel Kiper has Teo at 12 and Walter Football at 15.

Not that he will ever be drafted by Panthers even if he was on BPA on Panthers board.

Posted

I agree.

I'm just saying if Jarvis falls to 14, the Draft plan is going to dramatically change. A player of that caliber falling to your lap, $hit forget about the needs.

It's like you don't pass up on Peyton if he fell to your lap for a Charles Johnson bc you have need at DE.

You do if you have Brady. Plus, there's a lot of players that shouldn't be passed up that crashed. Aaron Curry springs to mind.

Posted

Jimmy Clausen didn't show many incredible intangibles. Jones will be the kind of guy someone wants to put on the outside and become the cornerstone of a 3-4 defense. I hate UGA, but Jones is a legit pass rusher. Not great in run support, though. Pass rushers and tall physical corners are about the only thing that can stop the NFL's passing game in 2013.

Posted

You do if you have Brady. Plus, there's a lot of players that shouldn't be passed up that crashed. Aaron Curry springs to mind.

Never said I had Brady. Why would u take Manning if you had Brady?

Curry as good as he is came from a smaller program in Wake. Played in the ACC but nothing like what Jones did in the SEC in his two seasons.

I can also safely call Curry a Bust. He's not your hybrid rushing LB like a Jones and Miller. Very different type of lb.

Posted

Jarvis Jones has serious spinal problems that will only get worse as he gets older, and he doesn't fit our scheme.

Posted

Jarvis Jones has serious spinal problems that will only get worse as he gets older, and he doesn't fit our scheme.

His health is a concern that's why it could force him to 14. Though, he was cleared by UGA med to play and played lights out the last two seasons.

No one, esp I ruled out that Miller wouldn't succeed in a 43 OLB in Denver. Been worthy of the no.2 pick since then. Miller and Jarvis are identical.