Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i just can't understand why the GOP has had so much trouble attracting minority voters

54 posts in this topic

Posted

goddamn those liberal idiots singling out ONE (1) isolated SCGOP executive director

Posted

i don't entirely disagree with your founding premise about fringe idiots existing on either side of the aisle but the fact is there's a huge number of individuals within the GOP's target constituency that agrees whole-heartedly with the above-listed sentiments. they are a huge voting base and you had better believe the republican party finds ways to cater to them.

Don't get me wrong....this guys is am embarassment to every group to which he belongs (including the human race). His comments were inflamatory and an indication that his parents shoudl be slapped for raising such an idiot.

But, to make a correlation between one man's fringe beliefs and the beliefs of a much larger group to which he belongs is majorly flawed.

It is no different than finding a rapist who is a Democrat and making the leap that all Democrats are rapists.

Posted

maybe if the democrat is an executive within the party that overtly pushes for pro-rape policy, though of course the republicans have cornered the market on that one as well

Posted

maybe if the democrat is an executive within the party that overtly pushes for pro-rape policy, though of course the republicans have cornered the market on that one as well

If the Head of the Democratic Party was a member of NAMBLA and believed sex with underage children were OK, I would not assume that all Democrats felt the same way.

Basically he would be an idiot with completly warped personal beliefs.

Posted

so basically don't judge republicans by the actions and policy stances of their leaders? you should maybe try to find a party that more accurately reflects your beliefs, particularly if you're a south carolinian, if you don't endorse a racist and sexist ideology

Posted

so basically don't judge republicans by the actions and policy stances of their leaders? you should maybe try to find a party that more accurately reflects your beliefs, particularly if you're a south carolinian, if you don't endorse a racist and sexist ideology

You are confusing a person's personal beliefs with the beliefs that a larger group/party believe in.

You are stereotyping in the worst way.

Bill Clinton had an affair....are you willing to say that everyone in the Democrat party believes in infidelity? Of course not.

Posted

That's just fuging disgusting, although not entirely surprising. SC is, by and large, one of the most racist states in the country.

It is a racist state..as my whole office turned almost into a clan rally during the elections..almost all.

I get into wayy to many convos about "so what are you? What is your race?" then after learning they get way to comfortable dropping N words about Cam, Obama, neighbors..lol...uhh I gotta get beck to the North Kak soon.

Posted

Who in the heck does this guy have as friends anyway?

How can he go back and have any level of respect from anyone. I would have hoped he was high as a kite, but does not look to be the case. Pretty sorry excuse for a human, much less any sort of politician.

Posted

Who in the heck does this guy have as friends anyway?

How can he go back and have any level of respect from anyone. I would have hoped he was high as a kite, but does not look to be the case. Pretty sorry excuse for a human, much less any sort of politician.

Guys like him are a complete embarassment to the human race.

I only hope that he does not pass that level of ignorance and bigotry to his kids.

Posted

Guys like him are a complete embarassment to the human race.

I only hope that he does not pass that level of ignorance and bigotry to his kids.

Where do you think he learned that behavior from?? It's almost certain that he will pass that line of thinking to his children; judging from his actions he sees nothing wrong with what he said at all.

You should make peace with the fact that the GOP attracts a lot of unsavory elements because of their history, and how difficult it is for them to separate race politics from the rest of their political platform.

Posted

Where do you think he learned that behavior from?? It's almost certain that he will pass that line of thinking to his children; judging from his actions he sees nothing wrong with what he said at all.

You should make peace with the fact that the GOP attracts a lot of unsavory elements because of their history, and how difficult it is for them to separate race politics from the rest of their political platform.

I think you have some to learn about party history. Race and religious platforms are a relatively new convention for the Republican party, in the grand scheme of things. The Democratic party is actually the historical party of Southern Gentility (slave owners) and Jim Crow Laws.

I'm not making a case for either party, as I'm not affiliated with both, so don't get my statement confused. The GOP attracts more racists primarily because of it's religious platforming due to the incestuous relationship with Southern fanatical Christianity and Racist thinking. This hasn't always been the case. The GOP didn't marry into the religious right until the 50's.

Posted

I think you have some to learn about party history. Race and religious platforms are a relatively new convention for the Republican party, in the grand scheme of things. The Democratic party is actually the historical party of Southern Gentility (slave owners) and Jim Crow Laws.

I'm not making a case for either party, as I'm not affiliated with both, so don't get my statement confused. The GOP attracts more racists primarily because of it's religious platforming due to the incestuous relationship with Southern fanatical Christianity and Racist thinking. This hasn't always been the case. The GOP didn't marry into the religious right until the 50's.

Ok....don't see where I am wrong. ~63 years of being a party of racist idiots should trump whatever views they held 150 years ago. Politics is more about the 'here and now' than what amounts to ancient history. Regardless, this 'man' and others like him are pieces of poo.