Photo
- - - - -

i just can't understand why the GOP has had so much trouble attracting minority voters

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Guys like him are a complete embarassment to the human race.

I only hope that he does not pass that level of ignorance and bigotry to his kids.

Where do you think he learned that behavior from?? It's almost certain that he will pass that line of thinking to his children; judging from his actions he sees nothing wrong with what he said at all.

You should make peace with the fact that the GOP attracts a lot of unsavory elements because of their history, and how difficult it is for them to separate race politics from the rest of their political platform.

#47 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Where do you think he learned that behavior from?? It's almost certain that he will pass that line of thinking to his children; judging from his actions he sees nothing wrong with what he said at all.

You should make peace with the fact that the GOP attracts a lot of unsavory elements because of their history, and how difficult it is for them to separate race politics from the rest of their political platform.

I think you have some to learn about party history. Race and religious platforms are a relatively new convention for the Republican party, in the grand scheme of things. The Democratic party is actually the historical party of Southern Gentility (slave owners) and Jim Crow Laws.

I'm not making a case for either party, as I'm not affiliated with both, so don't get my statement confused. The GOP attracts more racists primarily because of it's religious platforming due to the incestuous relationship with Southern fanatical Christianity and Racist thinking. This hasn't always been the case. The GOP didn't marry into the religious right until the 50's.

#48 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think you have some to learn about party history. Race and religious platforms are a relatively new convention for the Republican party, in the grand scheme of things. The Democratic party is actually the historical party of Southern Gentility (slave owners) and Jim Crow Laws.

I'm not making a case for either party, as I'm not affiliated with both, so don't get my statement confused. The GOP attracts more racists primarily because of it's religious platforming due to the incestuous relationship with Southern fanatical Christianity and Racist thinking. This hasn't always been the case. The GOP didn't marry into the religious right until the 50's.

Ok....don't see where I am wrong. ~63 years of being a party of racist idiots should trump whatever views they held 150 years ago. Politics is more about the 'here and now' than what amounts to ancient history. Regardless, this 'man' and others like him are pieces of poo.

#49 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Ok....don't see where I am wrong. ~63 years of being a party of racist idiots should trump whatever views they held 150 years ago. Politics is more about the 'here and now' than what amounts to ancient history. Regardless, this 'man' and others like him are pieces of poo.

It wasn't like it was some magical switch exactly on 1950. It was a process and only one that the GOP is just now trying to move away from. My point wasn't that they aren't idiots, and that the GOP isn't the, by and large, more racist party. My point was that racists don't necessarily join the GOP because of it's "history" as you implied. They join because of current platforms.

#50 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

It wasn't like it was some magical switch exactly on 1950. It was a process and only one that the GOP is just now trying to move away from. My point wasn't that they aren't idiots, and that the GOP isn't the, by and large, more racist party. My point was that racists don't necessarily join the GOP because of it's "history" as you implied. They join because of current platforms.

Now we are playing word games that don't really matter. If the GOP has been the party of racist idiots for even as little as 40 years......that implies a history of such behavior. For someone who has been alive for less than 40 years, a racist backwards GOP is all they would have been exposed to. So in the mind of that hypothetical person, the GOP represents a party of racist idiots.

#51 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Agreed. The Republican party has now taken over the stupidity of the Dixicrats from years gone by.

The only issue is, it wasn't that long ago for the Democrats. Many of them are still living, and voting the same way they always did.

#52 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Agreed. The Republican party has now taken over the stupidity of the Dixicrats from years gone by.

The only issue is, it wasn't that long ago for the Democrats. Many of them are still living, and voting the same way they always did.

yeah those racist democrats sure showed up for obama right

#53 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

You are confusing a person's personal beliefs with the beliefs that a larger group/party believe in.

You are stereotyping in the worst way.

Bill Clinton had an affair....are you willing to say that everyone in the Democrat party believes in infidelity? Of course not.

you're confusing "personal beliefs" with actual policy positions

it's a little fuging suspicious that the party with execs like this dude also happens to be the party of voter id, show me your papers laws, repeal the CRA, "forced busing" and uh this:

You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."

#54 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,972 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

fyi for anybody who doesn't know the above quote is from lee atwater, former RNC chairman and the guy who more or less got bush sr. elected in '88 after he was polling double digits behind dukakis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com