Photo
- - - - -

i just can't understand why the GOP has had so much trouble attracting minority voters

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

so basically don't judge republicans by the actions and policy stances of their leaders? you should maybe try to find a party that more accurately reflects your beliefs, particularly if you're a south carolinian, if you don't endorse a racist and sexist ideology

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

so basically don't judge republicans by the actions and policy stances of their leaders? you should maybe try to find a party that more accurately reflects your beliefs, particularly if you're a south carolinian, if you don't endorse a racist and sexist ideology

You are confusing a person's personal beliefs with the beliefs that a larger group/party believe in.

You are stereotyping in the worst way.

Bill Clinton had an affair....are you willing to say that everyone in the Democrat party believes in infidelity? Of course not.

#43 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

• LocationColumbia, South Kacky
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

That's just fuging disgusting, although not entirely surprising. SC is, by and large, one of the most racist states in the country.

It is a racist state..as my whole office turned almost into a clan rally during the elections..almost all.

I get into wayy to many convos about "so what are you? What is your race?" then after learning they get way to comfortable dropping N words about Cam, Obama, neighbors..lol...uhh I gotta get beck to the North Kak soon.

#44 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Who in the heck does this guy have as friends anyway?

How can he go back and have any level of respect from anyone. I would have hoped he was high as a kite, but does not look to be the case. Pretty sorry excuse for a human, much less any sort of politician.

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Who in the heck does this guy have as friends anyway?

How can he go back and have any level of respect from anyone. I would have hoped he was high as a kite, but does not look to be the case. Pretty sorry excuse for a human, much less any sort of politician.

Guys like him are a complete embarassment to the human race.

I only hope that he does not pass that level of ignorance and bigotry to his kids.

#46 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Guys like him are a complete embarassment to the human race.

I only hope that he does not pass that level of ignorance and bigotry to his kids.

Where do you think he learned that behavior from?? It's almost certain that he will pass that line of thinking to his children; judging from his actions he sees nothing wrong with what he said at all.

You should make peace with the fact that the GOP attracts a lot of unsavory elements because of their history, and how difficult it is for them to separate race politics from the rest of their political platform.

#47 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Where do you think he learned that behavior from?? It's almost certain that he will pass that line of thinking to his children; judging from his actions he sees nothing wrong with what he said at all.

You should make peace with the fact that the GOP attracts a lot of unsavory elements because of their history, and how difficult it is for them to separate race politics from the rest of their political platform.

I think you have some to learn about party history. Race and religious platforms are a relatively new convention for the Republican party, in the grand scheme of things. The Democratic party is actually the historical party of Southern Gentility (slave owners) and Jim Crow Laws.

I'm not making a case for either party, as I'm not affiliated with both, so don't get my statement confused. The GOP attracts more racists primarily because of it's religious platforming due to the incestuous relationship with Southern fanatical Christianity and Racist thinking. This hasn't always been the case. The GOP didn't marry into the religious right until the 50's.

#48 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think you have some to learn about party history. Race and religious platforms are a relatively new convention for the Republican party, in the grand scheme of things. The Democratic party is actually the historical party of Southern Gentility (slave owners) and Jim Crow Laws.

I'm not making a case for either party, as I'm not affiliated with both, so don't get my statement confused. The GOP attracts more racists primarily because of it's religious platforming due to the incestuous relationship with Southern fanatical Christianity and Racist thinking. This hasn't always been the case. The GOP didn't marry into the religious right until the 50's.

Ok....don't see where I am wrong. ~63 years of being a party of racist idiots should trump whatever views they held 150 years ago. Politics is more about the 'here and now' than what amounts to ancient history. Regardless, this 'man' and others like him are pieces of poo.

#49 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Ok....don't see where I am wrong. ~63 years of being a party of racist idiots should trump whatever views they held 150 years ago. Politics is more about the 'here and now' than what amounts to ancient history. Regardless, this 'man' and others like him are pieces of poo.

It wasn't like it was some magical switch exactly on 1950. It was a process and only one that the GOP is just now trying to move away from. My point wasn't that they aren't idiots, and that the GOP isn't the, by and large, more racist party. My point was that racists don't necessarily join the GOP because of it's "history" as you implied. They join because of current platforms.

#50 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

It wasn't like it was some magical switch exactly on 1950. It was a process and only one that the GOP is just now trying to move away from. My point wasn't that they aren't idiots, and that the GOP isn't the, by and large, more racist party. My point was that racists don't necessarily join the GOP because of it's "history" as you implied. They join because of current platforms.

Now we are playing word games that don't really matter. If the GOP has been the party of racist idiots for even as little as 40 years......that implies a history of such behavior. For someone who has been alive for less than 40 years, a racist backwards GOP is all they would have been exposed to. So in the mind of that hypothetical person, the GOP represents a party of racist idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users