Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

Fellas we might need to take a look at Oladipo with our 2nd pick.

17 posts in this topic

Smart move a 6'3 shooting guard.

He is a good defender that moves his feet well and averages around 6 boards a game. He can play some point also. He does in college occasionally. If he is there at Portland's pick CJ could be a steal.

If he was 6'6 with his skill set, he would be a top 10 pick. I am not saying we should draft him with our first pick. But if he is there with Portland's pick he would be a smart pick that could pay off.

Right now we play Sessions and Kemba or Ben Gordon together. None of those guys are over 6'3 And our perimeter defense hasn't been the problem (of course Gordon is not a good defender but that is because he can't contain penetration, not his size). It has been mostly the interior defense.

Dwayne Wade is only 6'4. Size really isn't that big of an issue on the perimeter, except against maybe a guy like Kobe Bryant.

He is a good defender that moves his feet well and averages around 6 boards a game. He can play some point also. He does in college occasionally. If he is there at Portland's pick CJ could be a steal.

If he was 6'6 with his skill set, he would be a top 10 pick. I am not saying we should draft him with our first pick. But if he is there with Portland's pick he would be a smart pick that could pay off.

Right now we play Sessions and Kemba or Ben Gordon together. None of those guys are over 6'3 And our perimeter defense hasn't been the problem (of course Gordon is not a good defender but that is because he can't contain penetration, not his size). It has been mostly the interior defense.

Dwayne Wade is only 6'4. Size really isn't that big of an issue on the perimeter, except against maybe a guy like Kobe Bryant.

But he's not. He is a mismatch against most teams with 6'6 sg. I put money on victor being the better player in the pro.

But he's not. He is a mismatch against most teams with 6'6 sg. I put money on victor being the better player in the pro.

Unless they are posting him up, size isn't that big a deal on the perimeter. Moving your feet is what is most important. Most teams in the NBA don't post their guards very often anymore because it isn't very effective. Even back in the old days team's had a tough time posting up Mugsy Bogues and getting anything too productive out of it.

The size disadvantage would effect a perimeter player's offense more than his defense. But CJ McCollum is an exceptional offensive player. I don't think it will be a problem for him.

Just my opinion though. But at @14 I would take him over any other SG out there.

Unless they are posting him up, size isn't that big a deal on the perimeter. Moving your feet is what is most important. Most teams in the NBA don't post their guards very often anymore because it isn't very effective. Even back in the old days team's had a tough time posting up Mugsy Bogues and getting anything too productive out of it.

The size disadvantage would effect a perimeter player's offense more than his defense. But CJ McCollum is an exceptional offensive player. I don't think it will be a problem for him.

Just my opinion though. But at @14 I would take him over any other SG out there.

Like I said I put Money that Oladipo is the better pro. He's a better defender and improving his offensive game by leaps and bounds. Then you add in he's bigger, stronger, and a freak of a athlete. Plus his handles and speed are really good. CJ is just the big fish in a small pond.

Reminds me a lot of Harold Arceneaux

Like I said I put Money that Oladipo is the better pro. He's a better defender and improving his offensive game by leaps and bounds. Then you add in he's bigger, stronger, and a freak of a athlete. Plus his handles and speed are really good. CJ is just the big fish in a small pond.

Reminds me a lot of Harold Arceneaux

Why you got to bring up Weber State? As a UNC fan those wounds are still healing.