• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Men of all cultures need to stand together and protect our right that binds us all together as brothers. Ass n tittays.

#17 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,635 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

And bacon.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,783 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

honestly this whole subject is something i'm only beginning to explore, so i hesitate to make any concrete statements about it. i know that in my own personal experiences i've realized that the african-american women i find the most attractive have european-like facial morphology, whereas i am less likely to consider a classical central african facial structure to be attractive. i don't think i'm a racist, i think i am the prisoner of my own social context where an arbitrary term like beauty is assigned a standard established by multiple industries dominant in society.

i don't know about the whole sexual objectification angle as it pertains to race exclusively, but i can't help but wonder if that social context is what she's talking about.

interesting segway into the lottery of birth article that Nanuq posted in the tinderbox... i'm willing to bet if any of us had been born as an african-american we would have a different perspective because of the collective understanding based on our realm of experiences. we may not agree with the article - indeed we might disagree entirely - but i bet we'd be a lot more understanding of the context from which the author writes.

#19 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

honest question: which is more attractive to you insofar as your social instincts are involved: an african-american with "natural" hair in a bushy 'fro, or an african american with straightened hair in the manner of europeans?

Thinking abstractly about this, I think I would prefer women with straighter, "european" hair.

But in practice, I've found that hair makes very little difference to me. One of the finest girls I've ever met used to sit next to me in Stats class. She always wore a muslim head scarf to class and I literally never saw her hair

I've also hooked up with a girl with a buzzed head and loved every minute. I dont think every girl could pull off that look, but goddamn she made it work

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

My tastes in women are fairly eclectic. I can be attracted to a lot of different looks.

It's an odd quirk for me that in the course of my employment career, at nearly every place I've worked my closest friends have been black women. That's been who's flirted with me the most in the workplace too (and yeah, I've done my fair share of flirting back).

Wouldn't say it's something I've deliberately looked for. It's just kinda happened that way. Still true on my current job.

Doing my part for race relations, I guess :unsure:

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,783 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

My tastes in women are fairly eclectic. I can be attracted to a lot of different looks.

It's an odd quirk for me that in the course of my employment career, at nearly every place I've worked my closest friends have been black women. That's been who's flirted with me the most in the workplace too (and yeah, I've done my fair share of flirting back).

Wouldn't say it's something I've deliberately looked for. It's just kinda happened that way. Still true on my current job.

Doing my part for race relations, I guess :unsure:

are you still with that bucs bitch?

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

are you still with that bucs bitch?

Oh Lord no. That's a while ago.

Heard from her a while back that she was getting married. I congratulated her. She told me his name was Wesley, so I asked if he was also known as The Dread Pirate Roberts and if he caller her "Buttercup".

She hung up on me.

#23 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,793 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

honest question: which is more attractive to you insofar as your social instincts are involved: an african-american with "natural" hair in a bushy 'fro, or an african american with straightened hair in the manner of europeans?

The fro thing is so beyond attractive to me, it's ridiculous. Like it can push an average looking black girl to look much more attractive than she would be with normal hair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

With that said, I don't discriminate at all!! I don't put specific features over specific features, but instead I look at the total picture.

#24 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Also, on the topic of the article, I think any man that DOESN'T find Beyonce attractive has mad problems, regardless of race. Isn't geared towards one or the other just because she has lighter skin and straighter hair...

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

even hotter.

#26 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,472 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

In a world where typically only white males hold the mic

wut

#27 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,472 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yeah I find this whole article is crap and don't think the author has any idea what the NFL has been looking for in its half time show this year.

Beyonce was doing the half time show not only because she's supremely gifted-but because she's modern and current, but also because she's a respected artist who the NFL could trust not to get up there and pull a Janet or whoever that stupid chick was in the creepy Madonna show last year who completely disrupted the performance in a effort to draw attention to herself and boost her exposure in a show where she's playing second fiddle to someone she probably deemed outdated.

Beyonces more than just pretty and talented. She's also respected enough as an artist and a person that the NFL could trust her to get up there and not try to make herself bigger than the event.

#28 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,472 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

"In a world where only obese white southern conservatives play basketball..."

#29 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, Bey is probably the biggest, most popular artist of the past 10-15 years. Can't think of a bigger name, male or female. That's why she was chosen.

#30 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,632 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Going back to phillyb's question, as a white male, I do not generally find the Eurocentric facial structure attractive. Yes, there are beautiful white women out there, but they don't have that "wow" factor that I see in other women.
I don't know what exactly I'm attracted to - Whether it's the darker skin color, facial features, hair, or what. I know the one constant in 99% of the women I find attractive - they are generally short and have fully developed hips and ass.

Plus... Seeing veins and freckles on tittays is a pretty big turn off IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com