51 replies to this topic

#46 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Just for the record folks...NEVER think or assume people like the author speak for all persons for color. Not saying anyone is, but that almost pisses me off just as much as the articles themselves at times.

On subject, its entertainment. I'll never understand why we can't all just have an opinion, and move on. Either you like it or you don't and thats it. Personally, I enjoy her work, and I find her sexy.

#47 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,705 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Just for the record folks...NEVER think or assume people like the author speak for all persons for color. Not saying anyone is, but that almost pisses me off just as much as the articles themselves at times.

On subject, its entertainment. I'll never understand why we can't all just have an opinion, and move on. Either you like it or you don't and thats it. Personally, I enjoy her work, and I find her sexy.

I know I don't think that... 'cause then you might think that idiots like that Kincannon speak for all white people.

It's just like anything else though... people complaining Beyonce was too sexy, didn't sing, did this, didn't do that... complaining that Alecia Keys didn't sing the anthem right, too slow, blah, blah... whatever. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but there's way, way too many people that get way too easily offended about some really dumb poo.

FWIW I thought that both the anthem and the halftime show was perfectly fine. I did not mind one bit watching Beyonce dance around that stage, was quite thrilling.

#48 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

You're my dawg biscuit ;)

#49 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,705 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

You're my dawg biscuit ;)

...and you're my fav twitter follow.

All I gotta do to know what's going on is fire up the app and look for your name.

#50 Jeff L

Jeff L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

It was racist... Jennifer Hudson sang first, then Alicia Keys, and finally Beyonce. Where were the white folk?

Before anyone flames me I am just kidding!

#51 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,297 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Philly B is correct to "digest" this one.

The lady makes some points but derives them from a left field perspective. If she were not worried about white mens erections, but every mans erection, then she could be take a bit more serious as someone looking out for women in general.

Would have like her to have said that Beyonce had enough talent from singing and performing that she could have carried the show without sexualizing it. None of these things however were in her reasoning.

She also needs to know that Hollywood and the recording industry and sales of music are a two edged sword in that, if Beyonce did not also appeal to whites, demographics would predict that she would have never made the half time show to start with.

#52 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,442 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've known way too many people of variant backgrounds and ideas to believe in "groupthink" for just about any race, ethnicity, culture, religion, etc.

People who claim to speak for a certain group always make me wary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com